|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Molly sometimes wish she didn't have light skin?
(a) The other children insult her.
(b) She thinks darker skin is prettier.
(c) She thinks the spirits will hate her.
(d) She is afraid she will be taken away.
2. How do the girls keep warm that night?
(a) They have to keep moving around instead of sleeping.
(b) They light a fire.
(c) They put on all the clothes they own at once.
(d) They sleep in the same bed.
3. What is established as an act of goodwill on Queen Victoria's birthday?
(a) Aboriginal servants are given a holiday.
(b) Free blankets are given to the Aboriginals.
(c) Money is given to the Aboriginals.
(d) All the land is given back to the Aboriginals.
4. Why is Violet Williams being punished?
(a) She stole some food.
(b) She was caught kissing a boy.
(c) She swore at a teacher.
(d) She hit a teacher.
5. How is this carried out?
(a) Taking Aboriginals as servants.
(b) Sending out patrols into the bush.
(c) Picnics, fox-hunts and balls.
(d) Building very grand houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do new arrivals at the school create hope?
2. Who is the father of Maude's child?
3. Who does Miss Campbell hand the girls over to when they reach the Moore River School?
4. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
5. What did the Aboriginal people discover too late?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)