|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Aboriginal laws important to them?
(a) They were established by the king of the Aboriginals.
(b) They have been around for a very long time.
(c) They were passed down by the Dreamtime spirit beings.
(d) They were the first laws in Australia before the white people came.
2. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
(a) They make it illegal for them to have children.
(b) They force them to wear clothes.
(c) They enslave them.
(d) They prevent them from doing their sacred rituals and dances.
3. What do some mothers choose to do, out of fear that their children will be taken from them?
(a) Give birth in the bush rather than hospitals.
(b) Kill the babies' white fathers.
(c) Hide their babies in animal skins.
(d) Leave Jigalong forever to go back into the desert.
4. What were the new settlers advised to do?
(a) Shoot all Aboriginals.
(b) Take as much land as possible.
(c) Keep up their Englishness.
(d) Try to destroy Aboriginal culture.
5. How do the settlers allocate land?
(a) They are allowed to choose land wherever they want.
(b) Each person is given a grant of land by the English government.
(c) The land is bought off the Aboriginals.
(d) The Aboriginals decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the girls allowed sheets on their beds?
2. Why is Jigalong appealing to the Aborigines?
3. How are black servants paid?
4. What is the punishment for running away?
5. What do Bidgup and Meedo decide to do about the food problem?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)