|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the big meeting held during the holidays at the end of the year?
(a) War is declared on the white people.
(b) They celebrate Christmas.
(c) Marriages take place only at this time of year.
(d) Traditional ceremonies and rituals are performed.
2. On their walk around the grounds, what do they see a group of the children doing near the milking sheds?
(a) Trying to escape.
(b) Stealing extra food.
(c) Playing rounders.
(d) Huddling together for warmth.
3. Who is the father of Maude's child?
(a) Her 'bilgur' (her betrothed).
(b) An inspector of the fence, Thomas Craig.
(c) The Superintendent, Mr. Keeling.
(d) Protector of Aborigines, Constable Riggs.
4. What are the girls supposed to use as a lavatory?
(a) A hole in the corner of the room.
(b) Nothing; there is no lavatory.
(c) Buckets in the bathroom.
(d) An outside toilet across the snowy yard.
5. Who names the baby Molly?
(b) The father.
(c) The baby's grandmother.
(d) Maude's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Illustrated Melbourne Post say the Aboriginal people reacted to this act of goodwill?
2. Why does Mr. Keeling advise the Department of Native Affairs that the half-caste children should be removed from Jigalong?
3. How do the girls keep warm that night?
4. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
5. What do the Aboriginals have to do to survive?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)