|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the girls want to speak up when Miss Campbell introduces them to the staff member?
(a) They want to tell her that they are very hungry.
(b) They want to tell her that she pronounced their names wrong.
(c) They want to tell her that they do not want to be separated.
(d) They want to tell her that they are from Jigalong, not Nullagine.
2. How does the grandmother protect the new baby from any evil spirits nearby?
(a) She insults the baby.
(b) She sprinkles water on the baby.
(c) She places a protective amulet around the baby's neck.
(d) She covers the baby in a special salve.
3. When are the girls allowed sheets on their beds?
(a) Only when special visitors come.
(b) Only on very cold nights.
(c) The beds always have sheets.
(d) Only if they have been well behaved.
4. How is this carried out?
(a) Building very grand houses.
(b) Picnics, fox-hunts and balls.
(c) Sending out patrols into the bush.
(d) Taking Aboriginals as servants.
5. Why can't Bidgup and Meedo use their usual hunting trails?
(a) There are houses built on them.
(b) All the animals have been frightened away.
(c) They are blocked by fences.
(d) The white people have made hunting illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is established as an act of goodwill on Queen Victoria's birthday?
2. How do the girls keep warm that night?
3. What is the punishment for running away?
4. What do the Aboriginals have to do to survive?
5. How does the Illustrated Melbourne Post say the Aboriginal people reacted to this act of goodwill?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)