|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their walk around the grounds, what do they see a group of the children doing near the milking sheds?
(a) Trying to escape.
(b) Huddling together for warmth.
(c) Playing rounders.
(d) Stealing extra food.
2. What becomes a regular weekend event?
(a) Hunting and gathering traditional foods.
(b) A ritual dance.
(c) Pilgrimages into the Law.
(d) Telling stories of the ancestors around the communal fire.
3. What is the punishment for running away?
(a) They are locked away from the other children permanently.
(b) Their heads are shaved and they are whipped.
(c) They are not allowed meat for a month.
(d) They are branded with a mark that identifies them as runaways.
4. Why was Jiigalong established?
(a) As a colony for new European settlers.
(b) As a settlement for Aborigines.
(c) As a base for maintenance workers on the rabbit-proof fence.
(d) As a school to teach Aboriginal children to speak English.
5. Where is Maude's baby born?
(a) At their camp south of Jigalong.
(b) In the baby's father's house.
(c) In the hospital at Perth.
(d) In a hut in Jigalong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Molly think the dormitory looks like a jail?
2. What were the new settlers advised to do?
3. What does Molly decide that night?
4. When do Aboriginal girls marry?
5. What do Bidgup and Meedo decide to do about the food problem?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)