|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
(a) They prevent them from doing their sacred rituals and dances.
(b) They enslave them.
(c) They make it illegal for them to have children.
(d) They force them to wear clothes.
2. What happens when Udja complains to a white magistrate that his wife has been stolen by a white man?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is given his wife back, but the white man is not punished.
(c) He is given a bag of flour.
(d) The white man is punished.
3. Who is the father of Maude's child?
(a) The Superintendent, Mr. Keeling.
(b) Protector of Aborigines, Constable Riggs.
(c) Her 'bilgur' (her betrothed).
(d) An inspector of the fence, Thomas Craig.
4. What makes Molly think the dormitory looks like a jail?
(a) There are guards and guard-dogs outside.
(b) The doors are padlocked and there are bars at the windows.
(c) There are no windows.
(d) It is a black, imposing building with a high wall around it.
5. What are Bidgup and Meedo worried about?
(a) That they will have to work for the white people.
(b) That the spirits of the ancestors will be angry.
(c) That they will be driven from their lands.
(d) That the white people will declare war on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Aboriginal laws important to them?
2. What becomes a regular weekend event?
3. Why was Jiigalong established?
4. Why are the Aboriginals upset that they are being tried under English law?
5. What was the common view of half-caste children at this time?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)