|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: The Moore River Native Settlement, 1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls at Moore River wear as shoes?
(a) Thin bark slippers.
(c) Big, heavy snow boots.
(d) They do not have shoes.
2. Why is Jigalong appealing to the Aborigines?
(a) No guns are allowed in the settlement.
(b) Food, and safety from the white people.
(c) It is a place where they can learn English.
(d) They will be able to live in houses rather than stick shelters.
3. What is the usual breakfast?
(a) Weevily porridge.
(b) Cold stew.
(c) Toast and jam.
(d) A glass of water flavored with sugar.
4. What is 'the boob'?
(a) A torture device used for punishing bad children.
(b) A scary pit that girls are made to spend the night in as punishment.
(c) A building where the food is kept.
(d) A building where girls are locked up as punishment.
5. How does the sight of the large river make Molly feel?
(a) Trapped, like a prisoner.
(b) Like a stranger in this part of the country.
(c) Happy to be out among nature again.
(d) Afraid, because she has never seen anything like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the white men compared to?
2. How do the girls keep warm that night?
3. What happens at the big meeting held during the holidays at the end of the year?
4. How are black servants paid?
5. What do Bidgup and Meedo decide to do about the food problem?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)