Chapter 1: The First Military Post
1. In chapter one, who is the first person mentioned in the book?
(c) Captain Fremantle.
2. How do the Aboriginal people sleep?
(a) In shelters made from branches and bark.
(b) In brick houses.
(c) In widened-out rabbit burrows.
(d) In small mud huts.
3. Why do the clans gather to set fire to areas of the brush?
(a) To flush out animals, which are caught and eaten.
(b) To drive off the white men.
(c) To clear an area to build houses on.
(d) For a religious ritual.
4. How many wives does Kundilla have?
5. Why are teenage boys sent out into the Law?
(a) To gather firewood.
(b) To become men.
(c) To fight white men.
(d) To find a new clan to join.
6. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) The boys themselves.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) The tribal elders.
This section contains 5,553 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)