|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janice think Harry likes Ronnie's crudeness?
2. Who is in a deep conversation with Charlie at the wedding?
3. Who does Cindy say got fresh with her?
4. What kind of car does Ma Springer own?
5. Who does Pru ask Nelson if he had sex with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harry thankful that Janice does not talk about Cindy?
2. How does Harry cope with sailing the tiller?
3. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
4. How does Harry's night with Thelma change him?
5. How does Pru injure herself?
6. What has happened to Janice's Maverick?
7. What do Mim and Harry talk about at the wedding reception?
8. Why does Nelson like Pru?
9. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
10. How does Janice react when she sees the gold coins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Rabbit's life and how did they change him? What does Rabbit still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the representation of sex in the novel:
1) How do the characters in the novel view sex? What does this express about eighties society?
2) How did the public react to the novel's sex scenes when it was first published? How would the public react to similar scenes today?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)