|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pru's surname?
2. What does Harry say are as ugly as hell?
3. What does Pru say Nelson is ashamed of her being?
4. What kind of cigarettes does Webb smoke?
5. What did Harry used to keep in his bedside drawer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry react when he sees Charlie back at work?
2. What does Janice tell Harry when they come back from the party?
3. What does Harry remember about his bedside table drawer?
4. How does Bessie react to Harry and Janice buying their own house?
5. Why does Nelson like Pru?
6. What has happened to Janice's Maverick?
7. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
8. What does Charlie tell Harry about the situation with Nelson?
9. What do Pru and Nelson do in Brewer?
10. How does Janice react when she sees the gold coins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote Rabbit is Rich in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)