|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Webb say does a marriage in?
2. What film does Cindy ask Harry if he has seen?
3. Where do the newlyweds spend their honeymoon?
4. What does Nelson call his parents?
5. What does Harry fear may offend Pru?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry's night with Thelma change him?
2. What does Harry think about as he runs through Brewer?
3. Why does Harry have to go along with Bessie and Janice's idea to take on Nelson?
4. What do Mim and Harry talk about at the wedding reception?
5. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
6. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
7. What lie does Harry tell Charlie?
8. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
9. Why is Harry thankful that Janice does not talk about Cindy?
10. What does Charlie say about the business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Rabbit's life:
1) His basketball coach
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)