|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the family together for a conference?
2. What does the dancer make herself sick on?
3. What does Harry say the world runs on?
4. What kind of car has Nelson destroyed?
5. Which character takes charge of the sailing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry cope with sailing the tiller?
2. How does Janice react when she sees the gold coins?
3. Why does Nelson like Pru?
4. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
5. How does Harry's night with Thelma change him?
6. What does Charlie tell Harry about the situation with Nelson?
7. How does Bessie react to Harry and Janice buying their own house?
8. What does Janice tell Harry when they come back from the party?
9. What does Charlie say about the business?
10. What has happened to Janice's Maverick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Rabbit books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine Rabbit's character across the whole series.
-How does Updike develop Rabbit's character across the whole series?
-What new elements does Updike add to Rabbit's character?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)