|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news do Janice and Harry break to Bessie in this chapter?
2. Who is Harry thankful that Janice does not talk about?
3. What kind of party do the Murketts hold in this chapter?
4. Where do Pru and Nelson's friends hang out?
5. Who does Harry think is incredibly hot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between the younger and older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in Rabbit is Rich particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Rabbit's character to the person he is a the beginning of the story to the person he is at the end of the story:
1) What does Rabbit hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events changes Rabbit ideas about life?
3) How has Rabbit's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)