|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry end up talking to at the wedding?
2. Who calls the family together for a conference?
3. What state did Charlie take Melanie to before taking her to Ohio?
4. Where do the Angstroms, the Murketts and the Harrosons decide to go on holiday in January?
5. What was the name of Harry's basketball coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry react when he sees Charlie back at work?
2. What lie does Harry tell Charlie?
3. What do Nelson and Brew do at Slim's party?
4. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
5. Why does Harry have to go along with Bessie and Janice's idea to take on Nelson?
6. What do Pru and Nelson do in Brewer?
7. What does Harry think about as he runs through Brewer?
8. How does Bessie react to Harry and Janice buying their own house?
9. What does Charlie tell Harry about the situation with Nelson?
10. What does Charlie say about the business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the representation of sex in the novel:
1) How do the characters in the novel view sex? What does this express about eighties society?
2) How did the public react to the novel's sex scenes when it was first published? How would the public react to similar scenes today?
Essay Topic 3
The Rabbit books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)