|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry say destroyed Pinnacle Hotel?
2. Why does Nelson think Harry' s parents never sent him to summer camps?
3. Who does Nelson tell Melanie he cannot stand?
4. What does the author say Melanie walks like?
5. Who killed Skeeter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
2. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
3. What does Harry think about his dead dad?
4. What does Harry think about Pru?
5. What does Harry suggest to Nelson?
6. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
7. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
8. What does Harry work out about the bookkeeping?
9. What do Harry and Janice say about Nelson when they are alone?
10. What do Harry and Nelson argue about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote Rabbit is Rich in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)