Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry think his parents never sent him to summer camps?
2. Who is Melanie going out with?
3. What does Harry offer Nelson?
4. What kind of community lives in Galilee?
5. Who does the girl say she lives with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
2. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
3. Summarize the novel.
4. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
5. Why does Nelson like Pru?
6. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
7. What news does Janice have about Nelson?
8. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
9. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
10. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)