|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Webb say is going through the roof?
2. What does Harry say he feels naked wearing?
3. Who does Harry buy $11,000 worth of gold from?
4. What killed Jill?
5. What did Nelson buy while Harry was away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie tell Harry about the situation with Nelson?
2. Why does Nelson like Pru?
3. What does Harry think about his dead dad?
4. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
5. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
6. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
7. How did Old Springer used to run Springer Motors?
8. What does Harry work out about the bookkeeping?
9. What do Pru and Nelson do in Brewer?
10. How does Nelson react to Campbell's presence?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Rabbit's character across the whole series.
-How does Updike develop Rabbit's character across the whole series?
-What new elements does Updike add to Rabbit's character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe Updike's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does Updike's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 1,457 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)