Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry think his parents never sent him to summer camps?
2. Who is Melanie going out with?
3. What does Harry offer Nelson?
4. What kind of community lives in Galilee?
5. Who does the girl say she lives with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
2. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
3. Summarize the novel.
4. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
5. Why does Nelson like Pru?
6. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
7. What news does Janice have about Nelson?
8. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
9. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
10. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Rabbit's character to the person he is a the beginning of the story to the person he is at the end of the story:
1) What does Rabbit hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events changes Rabbit ideas about life?
3) How has Rabbit's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Rabbit's life:
1) His basketball coach
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)