|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nelson think Harry' s parents never sent him to summer camps?
2. What did Nelson buy while Harry was away?
3. How does Harry know the girl's mother?
4. Who does Harry say has squeezed out the Polacks and Italians?
5. Who does Harry call his enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
2. Why has Nelson never forgiven his father for the fire at his old house?
3. What do Harry and Nelson argue about?
4. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
5. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
6. What do Harry and Janice say about Nelson when they are alone?
7. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
8. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
9. What does Harry think about Pru?
10. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between the younger and older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in Rabbit is Rich particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)