|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson phone his parents to ask them?
2. Who thinks there is a sad note to Harry's story?
3. Why does Harry think his parents never sent him to summer camps?
4. What mountain does Route 422 curve around?
5. What is the name of Harry's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry think about Pru?
2. What does Charlie say to Harry about Nelson?
3. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
4. What does Harry remember about Skeeter?
5. What does Rabbit remember about Summer Street?
6. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
7. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
8. What is Harry's role at Springer Motors?
9. Why has Nelson never forgiven his father for the fire at his old house?
10. What does Harry think about the Springer's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the novel.
-How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
-Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? -How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)