|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge that Harry cuts across?
2. Who writes Nelson two letters a day?
3. What does Harry call people that work in law?
4. How does Harry greet the young man from the farm?
5. How is Mim related to Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry think about his dead dad?
2. What does Harry work out about the bookkeeping?
3. Why is Pru's visit a shock for Harry?
4. What does Harry think about Pru?
5. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
6. What do Harry and Nelson argue about?
7. What is Harry's role at Springer Motors?
8. How did Old Springer used to run Springer Motors?
9. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
10. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major events had a profound effect on Rabbit's life and how did they change him? What does Rabbit still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between the younger and older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in Rabbit is Rich particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)