|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nelson introduce his parents to?
2. Who does Nelson want to marry him?
3. What was Ruth's surname?
4. What film does Nelson think about when he is in bed with Pru?
5. What is the name of Harry's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janice tell Harry when they come back from the party?
2. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
3. What does Ruth tell Harry about Annabel?
4. What lie does Harry tell Charlie?
5. What does Harry dream about in this chapter?
6. What do Harry and Janice say about Nelson when they are alone?
7. What do Nelson and Brew do at Slim's party?
8. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
9. How does the novel end?
10. Why is Harry thankful that Janice does not talk about Cindy?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the novel.
-How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
-Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? -How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
The Rabbit books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)