|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry greet the young man from the farm?
2. What does Harry wear when he walks down to the beach?
3. What could Harry's father never eat without throwing up?
4. What is Nelson reading about?
5. Who is Melanie going out with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry think about his dead dad?
2. Why is Pru's visit a shock for Harry?
3. How did Old Springer used to run Springer Motors?
4. What does Harry think about the Springer's house?
5. Describe Harry's circle of friends at the country club?
6. What does Rabbit remember about Summer Street?
7. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
8. What does Harry think about Pru?
9. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
10. What does Charlie say to Harry about Nelson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Rabbit's character to the person he is a the beginning of the story to the person he is at the end of the story:
1) What does Rabbit hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events changes Rabbit ideas about life?
3) How has Rabbit's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)