|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry not like about young people?
2. What does Harry offer Nelson?
3. What sport did Rabbit used to play in highschool?
4. What kind of bicycle has Melanie bought?
5. What is Nelson reading about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
2. Why has Nelson never forgiven his father for the fire at his old house?
3. How does Nelson react to Campbell's presence?
4. What does Harry remember about Skeeter?
5. What does Harry suggest to Nelson?
6. What is Harry's role at Springer Motors?
7. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
8. What does Charlie say to Harry about Nelson?
9. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
10. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the representation of sex in the novel:
1) How do the characters in the novel view sex? What does this express about eighties society?
2) How did the public react to the novel's sex scenes when it was first published? How would the public react to similar scenes today?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Rabbit's character to the person he is a the beginning of the story to the person he is at the end of the story:
1) What does Rabbit hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events changes Rabbit ideas about life?
3) How has Rabbit's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)