|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Skeeter?
2. What does Harry offer Nelson?
3. What did old people used to say when Harry was young?
4. Who is Melanie going out with?
5. What did Nelson buy while Harry was away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Old Springer used to run Springer Motors?
2. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
3. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
4. What do Harry and Nelson argue about?
5. How does Nelson react to Campbell's presence?
6. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
7. What does Harry work out about the bookkeeping?
8. What does Harry think about Pru?
9. Why is Pru's visit a shock for Harry?
10. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Rabbit books greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote Rabbit is Rich in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe Updike's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does Updike's style give to the story?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)