|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Skeeter killed?
2. What does Harry offer Nelson?
3. Who does Harry share 50% of Springer's Motors with?
4. What does Harry wear when he walks down to the beach?
5. Who does Harry buy $11,000 worth of gold from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
2. What does Harry think about the Springer's house?
3. How does Nelson react to Campbell's presence?
4. What does Harry think about his dead dad?
5. What problem does Nelson have with Pru?
6. What do Harry and Janice say about Nelson when they are alone?
7. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
8. Why did Janice not want to buy a house?
9. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
10. What does Charlie say to Harry about Nelson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Rabbit's character across the whole series.
-How does Updike develop Rabbit's character across the whole series?
-What new elements does Updike add to Rabbit's character?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Rabbit's life:
1) His basketball coach
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1980s society:
1) The gold coins.
2) The lot.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)