|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry not like about young people?
2. What does Webb say is going through the roof?
3. What is the name of Harry's son?
4. What is the name of Rabbit's company?
5. What did Nelson buy while Harry was away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rabbit remember about Summer Street?
2. How does this chapter show the difference between Harry and Charlie's sale techniques?
3. What do Harry and Nelson argue about?
4. What does Charlie say to Harry about Nelson?
5. Why is Pru's visit a shock for Harry?
6. What was notable about the newspaper clipping Harry received about Skeeter?
7. What does the Reverend Archie Campbell discuss with Nelson and Pru?
8. What does Harry suggest to Nelson?
9. Describe Harry's circle of friends at the country club?
10. What problem does Nelson have with Pru?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Rabbit's life:
1) His basketball coach
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe Updike's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does Updike's style give to the story?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)