|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Harry's eyes glitter like?
(a) A fox
(b) A cow
(c) A skunk
(d) A lizard
2. Why did Harry's coach like Ronnie better?
(a) He was gutsy
(b) He never quit trying
(c) He was a better player
(d) He always played well when it mattered
3. Why did Harry switch from brandy to beer?
(a) He was feeling too horny
(b) He was talking too much
(c) He had a drunken flashback
(d) He was feeling sick
4. Who does Cindy say got fresh with her?
(b) A teenager
(c) The hotel manager
(d) A colored boy
5. What kind of car does Ma Springer own?
(a) A Corolla
(b) A Chrysler
(c) A BMW
(d) A Maverick
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say he wants to pump it in and die like?
2. Who calls the family together for a conference?
3. What did Janice decide was bad for her?
4. What is Charlie's surname?
5. What kind of car does Pru own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry's night with Thelma change him?
2. What does Charlie tell Harry about the situation with Nelson?
3. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
4. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
5. What lie does Harry tell Charlie?
6. What does Charlie say about the business?
7. What do Mim and Harry talk about at the wedding reception?
8. What does Harry remember about his bedside table drawer?
9. How does Janice react when she sees the gold coins?
10. How does Harry react when he sees Charlie back at work?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)