|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry think his parents never sent him to summer camps?
(a) They were over protective
(b) It never occurred to them
(c) They were too poor
(d) He was anti-social
2. Who is Melanie going out with?
3. What does Harry offer Nelson?
(a) A house
(b) A shop
(c) A management position
4. What kind of community lives in Galilee?
(a) A hippy community
(b) A gay community
(c) A farming community
(d) A mormon community
5. Who does the girl say she lives with?
(a) Her father
(b) Her boyfriend
(c) Her husband
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry not like about young people?
2. Who does Nelson introduce his parents to?
3. What does Harry say is the peak month?
4. What country is the hostage crisis taking place in?
5. What is the name of the man who lived with Harry and Nelson when Harry separated from his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry not talk to the Murketts and the Fosnachts at the wedding reception?
2. How does Nelson react to his parents buying their own house?
3. Summarize the novel.
4. What does Ma Springer call the family into the living room to talk about?
5. Why does Nelson like Pru?
6. Describe Harry and Charlie's relationship.
7. What news does Janice have about Nelson?
8. What happens when Harry tries to visit Ruth again in chapter 3?
9. What does Thelma think about the story Harry tells her about Nelson?
10. How does Nelson want Harry to help him?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)