|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the girl say she lives with?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her husband
(c) Her father
(d) Her boyfriend
2. What is the name of the farm that Harry is looking for?
(a) Jordan Farm
(b) Rabbit Farm
(c) Galilee Farm
(d) Nunemacher Farm
3. What state does Pru attend university in?
(a) New Jersey
(b) New York
4. What is Harry's position at Springer motors?
(a) Sales Manager
(b) Chief Sales Representative
(c) Assistant Sales Representative
(d) Vice President
5. What does the author say Melanie walks like?
(a) A prostitute
(b) A business woman
(c) A waitress
(d) An athlete
6. What does Harry play at the country club?
7. What is the name of the country club?
(a) The Breathing Cow
(b) The Hopping Spaceman
(c) The Swooping Vulture
(d) The Flying Eagle
8. What is the name of the bridge that Harry cuts across?
(a) Regal Bridge
(b) Fuller Street Bride
(c) Weiser Street Bridge
(d) Jack Street Bridge
9. What does Nelson phone his parents to ask them?
(a) For use of their car
(b) For money
(c) To organize a party
(d) To come home
10. What mountain does Route 422 curve around?
(a) Mt. Grand
(b) Mt. Kiev
(c) Mt. Judge
(d) Mt. Jameson
11. What was Ruth's surname?
12. What kind of peace does Harry say he likes?
13. Who thinks there is a sad note to Harry's story?
14. What does Harry say is the peak month?
15. Who does Harry say has squeezed out the Polacks and Italians?
(a) The English and Czechs
(b) The blacks and Hispanics
(c) The Jews and Germans
(d) The Asians and gypsies
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Janice and Bessie go every year?
2. What was the name of the street Harry lived on with Ruth?
3. What kind of car does Harry drive home in?
4. What kind of bicycle has Melanie bought?
5. What is the name of the car the boy is looking at?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)