|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fowler run into in Tanyin?
(a) Miss Hei
2. After leaving the Attache's office, what does Fowler say he did in the men's lavatory?
(a) He stole the hand soap.
(b) He cried.
(c) He wrote on the mirror.
(d) He threw up.
3. What does the second letter from Fowler's editor say?
(a) He agrees that Fowler should stay in Saigon.
(b) He gives fowler another six months.
(c) He writes that Fowler will come home or lose his job.
(d) He says Fowler can stay if he accepts a salary cut.
4. Why are Fowler and Pyle marooned in the Vietnamese tower?
(a) There is no gasoline near there.
(b) There is shooting down below.
(c) It is past curfew.
(d) The rope ladder has been taken away.
5. What does Vigot say he dislikes most about his job?
(a) Spending so much time in mortuaries
(b) All the paperwork
(c) Chasing illegal gamblers
(d) The stupid people who work under him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is behind the Holy See as one approaches Tanyin?
2. What does Pyle accuse Fowler of doing to keep Phuong for himself?
3. Who gets a job for Miss Hei with the Americans?
4. What happens right after the American girls leave The Pavillon?
5. What does Captain Trouin say he hates most about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to them on the way back?
2. What makes work more difficult for Fowler with his leg in a cast?
3. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
4. What happens to Fowler in that situation?
5. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
6. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
7. What elaborate precautions does Fowler take that evening?
8. Almost in spite of himself, what advice is Fowler compelled to give Pyle?
9. What important person does Fowler meet at the insistence of Dominguez?
10. What did Fowler find at the garage of Mr. Muoi?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)