|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Caodaists' churches look like?
(a) Green domes with a hole in the top
(b) Stone squares with minarets at the four corners
(c) Golden pagodas
(d) Pink and blue with a huge eye of God over the door
2. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
(a) There is too much of Phuong where he is.
(b) He doesn't need that many rooms.
(c) He's planning on bringing Helen here.
(d) He plans on moving Dominguez in with him.
3. After Fowler leaves a message for Pyle, what does he think he might accomplish?
(a) Get Pyle to leave immediately with Phuong because she is in danger.
(b) Talk Pyle into taking an emergency trip to America.
(c) Go to the Surete and tell them everything he knows about the bombing.
(d) Perhaps warn Pyle of the danger he is in and get him to stop what he is doing.
4. What does Dominguez advise Fowler to do?
(a) Go see what Mr. Heng received yesterday
(b) Come and take him to the hsopital
(c) To meet Mr. Heng outside the big store on the Boulevard Charner
(d) Invite Mr. Heng to come to his house for dinner
5. What does Captain Trouin say he hates most about the war?
(a) The night flights
(b) The dead children
(c) The long hours
(d) The napalm bombing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets a job for Miss Hei with the Americans?
2. What had Pyle done that was according to Harding's book?
3. Why does Fowler tell Pyle he should have a few bad motives?
4. Returning to the time after Pyle's murder, what does Vigot tell Fowler?
5. How does Mr. Heng say he knew about the bomb in the Garnier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pyle upset that the bomb had gone off that day?
2. What does Fowler wish he had had the guts to do while Vigot was there?
3. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
4. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
5. What happens to them on the way back?
6. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
7. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
8. Almost in spite of himself, what advice is Fowler compelled to give Pyle?
9. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
10. After his stay in the hospital, where does Fowler find Phuong?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)