|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phuong give Fowler after he gets home?
(a) An opened telegram and the unopened letter from his wife.
(b) An opium pipe.
(c) A marriage ultimatum.
(d) A massage.
2. What does Fowler think of the speech the deputy Pope of Caodaism gives him?
(a) That is the sincere belief of the Caodaists.
(b) That it is incomprehensible.
(c) That it is the hope of the Vietnamese people.
(d) That it is canned and insincere.
3. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To commit suicide
(b) To make his own opium pipe
(c) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(d) To pack up and leave Indochina
4. What does Mr. Heng want Fowler to do?
(a) He wants him to invite Pyle to dinner at the Vieux Moulin.
(b) He wants Fowler to go home and never return.
(c) He wants Fowler to find Pyle and talk some sense into him.
(d) He wants Fowler to kill Pyle.
5. When Fowler goes to see Pyle, to whom does he talk?
(a) Joe, the Economic Attache
(b) Miss Hei
(d) Mr. Heng
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second letter from Fowler's editor say?
2. What does Mr. Heng say that reminds him of Captain Trouin?
3. What is Fowler forced to do since Dominguez is out of commission?
4. What does Fowler later have to admit?
5. What is behind the Holy See as one approaches Tanyin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fowler wish he had had the guts to do while Vigot was there?
2. After his stay in the hospital, where does Fowler find Phuong?
3. What elaborate precautions does Fowler take that evening?
4. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
5. Why is Pyle upset that the bomb had gone off that day?
6. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
7. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
8. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
9. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
10. What happens to Fowler in that situation?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)