|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the two American girls hastily leave The Pavillon?
(a) Warren had warned them not to stay past eleven o'clock.
(b) They were hurrying to a hair salon appointment.
(c) One of them had a date at the movies.
(d) They were going to a parade.
2. Why does Vigot say that he does not believe Fowler killed Pyle?
(a) Because one does not take a book of an enemy for a souvenir.
(b) Because Fowler would not have the stomach for murder.
(c) Because Fowler has been cooperative.
(d) Because Fowler's alibi checks out.
3. What do Caodaists' churches look like?
(a) Green domes with a hole in the top
(b) Golden pagodas
(c) Pink and blue with a huge eye of God over the door
(d) Stone squares with minarets at the four corners
4. What drink does Pyle offer Fowler in Tanyin?
(b) Lime juice
(c) Warm beer
5. What does Mr. Heng say that reminds him of Captain Trouin?
(a) "Forget the carnage and think of the future."
(b) "Sooner or later, one has to take sides if one is to remain human."
(c) "War is hell."
(d) "We do what we have to do."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
2. What does the second letter from Fowler's editor say?
3. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
4. What had Pyle done that was according to Harding's book?
5. What does Phuong give Fowler after he gets home?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)