|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(b) To pack up and leave Indochina
(c) To commit suicide
(d) To make his own opium pipe
2. Who are the cardinals of Caodaism?
(a) They are all women.
(b) They are monkeys from the sacred mountain.
(c) They are soldiers in disguise.
(d) They are men from the villages.
3. What does Fowler later have to admit?
(a) That Pyle followed his instructions to the letter.
(b) That Pyle was really the better man.
(c) That Phuong would have been better off with Pyle.
(d) That he had sent Pyle on a fool's errand.
4. What does Fowler ask Mr. Heng about Pyle?
(a) How he came to meet Pyle.
(b) If Vigot has any connection to Pyle.
(c) If Phuong is safe with Pyle.
(d) Who Pyle's chief is.
5. What is Caodaism?
(a) A cult religion that blends Confucianism, Christianit, and Buddhism.
(b) A religious front for a counter military insurgency.
(c) A religion that started in Vietnam and spreak to Korea.
(d) A philosophy of a blend of communism and capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's answer to Fowler about getting a divorce?
2. When Fowler rushes out to see if he can find Phuong in the wreckage, what does Pyle tell him?
3. After leaving the Attache's office, what does Fowler say he did in the men's lavatory?
4. Why do the two American girls hastily leave The Pavillon?
5. What did Fowler go to see in the other end of rue Catinat?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
2. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
3. What happens to Fowler in that situation?
4. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
5. What happens right after two American girls walk out of the Pavilon?
6. What important person does Fowler meet at the insistence of Dominguez?
7. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
8. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
9. When Fowler goes to see Mr. Heng after the Garnier bomb, what request does Heng make of him?
10. After his stay in the hospital, where does Fowler find Phuong?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)