|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Vigot say was used on Pyle?
(a) A meat cleaver
(b) A rusty bayonet
(c) A Smaurai sword
(d) A switchblade knife
2. What does Fowler learn from Mr. Chou's manager, Mr. Heng?
(a) He sees plastics and a mold for Pyle that got opened by mistake.
(b) That Pyle is planning to kidnap Phuong.
(c) That the Economic Attache is receiving goods for Pyle.
(d) That Pyle is buying military equipment from Mr. Chou.
3. How does Fowler dismiss Pyle when he comes to visit?
(a) "Get out of my house before I shoot you."
(b) "Get out and grow up."
(c) "Go away to your Third Force and play with your plastics."
(d) "Go read some more of your York Harding books."
4. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To pack up and leave Indochina
(b) To make his own opium pipe
(c) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(d) To commit suicide
5. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
(a) They were used to inflate rafts.
(b) They were being replaced with rifle mounts.
(c) The mold at Mr. Muoi's iss shaped like a half section of a bicycle pump.
(d) They could be made into makeshift mortar firers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
2. Back in the present time, what does Fowler do to get Phuong out of the house when Vigot arrives?
3. What does Fowler discover at Mr. Muoi's garage?
4. Why does Fowler want to read Phuong's thoughts?
5. When Fowler rushes out to see if he can find Phuong in the wreckage, what does Pyle tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to them on the way back?
2. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
3. What does Fowler mean when he tells Vigot that York Harding in the man who killed Alden Pyle?
4. What makes work more difficult for Fowler with his leg in a cast?
5. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
6. What evidence is there that Vigot knows Fowler is involved in some way with Pyle's murder?
7. What is the gist of Helen's letter to Fowler?
8. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
9. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
10. What important person does Fowler meet at the insistence of Dominguez?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)