|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler learn from Mr. Chou's manager, Mr. Heng?
(a) That Pyle is buying military equipment from Mr. Chou.
(b) That the Economic Attache is receiving goods for Pyle.
(c) He sees plastics and a mold for Pyle that got opened by mistake.
(d) That Pyle is planning to kidnap Phuong.
2. What is Fowler's concern as he returns to his rooms after being in the hospital?
(a) That he would not be able to make it up the stairs.
(b) That Phuong had moved her family into his apartment.
(c) That Phuong will not be there.
(d) That the letter from his wife had been opened.
3. When someone does knock on Fowler's door, who is it?
(d) Mr. Chou
4. When Fowler goes to see Pyle, to whom does he talk?
(a) Miss Hei
(c) Mr. Heng
(d) Joe, the Economic Attache
5. How does Mr. Heng say he knew about the bomb in the Garnier?
(a) It was on the radio.
(b) Pyle told him.
(c) Someone called him.
(d) The police had been to Mr. Muoi's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the fountain in front of the big store?
2. Why does Fowler tell Pyle he should have a few bad motives?
3. What has happened to Fowler's assistant, Dominguez?
4. What is Fowler's reply to Vigot's question about who is York Harding?
5. What did Fowler go to see in the other end of rue Catinat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
2. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
3. What happens right after two American girls walk out of the Pavilon?
4. Why is Pyle upset that the bomb had gone off that day?
5. What elaborate precautions does Fowler take that evening?
6. What trouble is Pyle having when Fowler runs into him on this trip?
7. When Fowler goes to see Mr. Heng after the Garnier bomb, what request does Heng make of him?
8. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
9. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
10. What is the gist of Helen's letter to Fowler?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)