|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vigot want to do without Phuong being present?
(a) Come to Fowler's apartment and ask more questions
(b) Join Fowler in an opium pipe
(c) Go through Phuong's possessions
(d) Play a dice game
2. What is Helen's answer to Fowler about getting a divorce?
(a) She agrees.
(b) Maybe, if he returns to England.
(c) She needs more time to think.
(d) The answer is no.
3. What happens at the fountain in front of the big store?
(a) Three bicycles put there by the police explode.
(b) Pyle is keeping people away from the fountain.
(c) The police have blocked off the street to the fountain.
(d) People are diving into the fountain.
4. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
(a) He doesn't need that many rooms.
(b) He's planning on bringing Helen here.
(c) There is too much of Phuong where he is.
(d) He plans on moving Dominguez in with him.
5. What did Fowler go to see in the other end of rue Catinat?
(a) A used car
(b) A new movie house
(c) An apartment for sale
(d) An art collection
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Fowler and Pyle marooned in the Vietnamese tower?
2. What had Pyle done that was according to Harding's book?
3. Why does Pyle want to take Phuong to America to get married?
4. What has happened to Fowler's assistant, Dominguez?
5. What does Fowler tell Vigot he should have become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens right after two American girls walk out of the Pavilon?
2. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
3. What important person does Fowler meet at the insistence of Dominguez?
4. What happens to them on the way back?
5. Why is Pyle upset that the bomb had gone off that day?
6. What is the gist of Helen's letter to Fowler?
7. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
8. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
9. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
10. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)