|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right after the American girls leave The Pavillon?
(a) A French woman comes to Fowler's table.
(b) A bomb goes off near the bar.
(c) It begins to rain heavily.
(d) Pyle enters with a disguised General The.
2. What is Fowler's concern as he returns to his rooms after being in the hospital?
(a) That he would not be able to make it up the stairs.
(b) That Phuong had moved her family into his apartment.
(c) That the letter from his wife had been opened.
(d) That Phuong will not be there.
3. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
(a) Negotiating with the Vietminh
(b) Trusting Joe too much
(c) Believing in York's Third Force
(d) Trusting Vigot and the Surete
4. Back in the present time, what does Fowler do to get Phuong out of the house when Vigot arrives?
(a) He hides her in a back room.
(b) He sends her to her sister.
(c) He hide her under his bed.
(d) He sends her to the movies.
5. After leaving the Attache's office, what does Fowler say he did in the men's lavatory?
(a) He stole the hand soap.
(b) He wrote on the mirror.
(c) He cried.
(d) He threw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vigot want to do without Phuong being present?
2. What does Dominguez do when Fowler swats at a mosquito droning near his ear?
3. What has made Vigot's day so long and tiring?
4. What does Fowler tell Vigot he should have become?
5. What does Vigot want Fowler to tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
2. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
3. What happens to them on the way back?
4. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
5. What elaborate precautions does Fowler take that evening?
6. When Fowler goes to see Mr. Heng after the Garnier bomb, what request does Heng make of him?
7. After his stay in the hospital, where does Fowler find Phuong?
8. What trouble is Pyle having when Fowler runs into him on this trip?
9. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
10. What is the gist of Helen's letter to Fowler?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)