|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Vigot say was used on Pyle?
(a) A meat cleaver
(b) A Smaurai sword
(c) A switchblade knife
(d) A rusty bayonet
2. What drink does Pyle offer Fowler in Tanyin?
(b) Lime juice
(d) Warm beer
3. What is Fowler's concern as he returns to his rooms after being in the hospital?
(a) That he would not be able to make it up the stairs.
(b) That Phuong had moved her family into his apartment.
(c) That Phuong will not be there.
(d) That the letter from his wife had been opened.
4. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
(a) Negotiating with the Vietminh
(b) Trusting Joe too much
(c) Believing in York's Third Force
(d) Trusting Vigot and the Surete
5. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To pack up and leave Indochina
(b) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(c) To commit suicide
(d) To make his own opium pipe
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fowler want to read Phuong's thoughts?
2. What does Fowler think of the speech the deputy Pope of Caodaism gives him?
3. What does Vigot say he dislikes most about his job?
4. What does Vigot want Fowler to tell him?
5. Who does Fowler run into in Tanyin?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)