|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the cardinals of Caodaism?
(a) They are all women.
(b) They are monkeys from the sacred mountain.
(c) They are soldiers in disguise.
(d) They are men from the villages.
2. Returning to the time after Pyle's murder, what does Vigot tell Fowler?
(a) They still have not found the dog.
(b) They know who murdered Pyle.
(c) They cremated Pyle's body.
(d) They found Pyle's dog with its throat cut.
3. What has happened to Fowler's assistant, Dominguez?
(a) He has deserted to the Vietminh.
(b) He has been kidnapped.
(c) He has become ill and cannot work.
(d) He is in a coma.
4. How does Mr. Heng say he knew about the bomb in the Garnier?
(a) Pyle told him.
(b) The police had been to Mr. Muoi's house.
(c) Someone called him.
(d) It was on the radio.
5. What does Pyle accuse Fowler of doing to keep Phuong for himself?
(b) Bribing Miss Hei
(d) Getting her pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
2. What does Fowler ask Mr. Heng about Pyle?
3. What is Caodaism?
4. What does Vigot say he dislikes most about his job?
5. How does Fowler perceive the man who is selling the place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
2. What trouble is Pyle having when Fowler runs into him on this trip?
3. What happens to Fowler in that situation?
4. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
5. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
6. What evidence is there that Vigot knows Fowler is involved in some way with Pyle's murder?
7. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
8. What happens to them on the way back?
9. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
10. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)