|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caodaism?
(a) A religious front for a counter military insurgency.
(b) A philosophy of a blend of communism and capitalism.
(c) A religion that started in Vietnam and spreak to Korea.
(d) A cult religion that blends Confucianism, Christianit, and Buddhism.
2. What is Fowler's reply to Vigot's question about who is York Harding?
(a) A hack writer from Canada
(b) The man who killed Pyle from a long distance
(c) I don't know. I haven't read the book.
(d) Pyle never got around to telling me.
3. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
(a) Believing in York's Third Force
(b) Trusting Vigot and the Surete
(c) Negotiating with the Vietminh
(d) Trusting Joe too much
4. What does Dominguez advise Fowler to do?
(a) Invite Mr. Heng to come to his house for dinner
(b) To meet Mr. Heng outside the big store on the Boulevard Charner
(c) Go see what Mr. Heng received yesterday
(d) Come and take him to the hsopital
5. How does Fowler dismiss Pyle when he comes to visit?
(a) "Go read some more of your York Harding books."
(b) "Get out and grow up."
(c) "Go away to your Third Force and play with your plastics."
(d) "Get out of my house before I shoot you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fowler go to The Pavillon after leaving the apartment on rue Catinat?
2. What was wrong with the bombing that day?
3. What takes Fowler's mind off Pyle and Phuong for a few minutes?
4. What does Pyle accuse Fowler of doing to keep Phuong for himself?
5. What does Fowler ask Mr. Heng about Pyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
2. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
3. When Fowler goes to see Mr. Heng after the Garnier bomb, what request does Heng make of him?
4. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
5. What did Fowler find at the garage of Mr. Muoi?
6. What evidence is there that Vigot knows Fowler is involved in some way with Pyle's murder?
7. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
8. What trouble is Pyle having when Fowler runs into him on this trip?
9. What strange encounter does Fowler have with Bill Granger at the Vieux Moulin?
10. What happens to them on the way back?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)