|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(b) To commit suicide
(c) To pack up and leave Indochina
(d) To make his own opium pipe
2. Back in the present time, what does Fowler do to get Phuong out of the house when Vigot arrives?
(a) He hides her in a back room.
(b) He sends her to her sister.
(c) He hide her under his bed.
(d) He sends her to the movies.
3. After leaving the Attache's office, what does Fowler say he did in the men's lavatory?
(a) He threw up.
(b) He stole the hand soap.
(c) He wrote on the mirror.
(d) He cried.
4. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
(a) The mold at Mr. Muoi's iss shaped like a half section of a bicycle pump.
(b) They were used to inflate rafts.
(c) They were being replaced with rifle mounts.
(d) They could be made into makeshift mortar firers.
5. What happens when someone comes demanding that Pyle and Fowler be brought down?
(a) Fowler is relieved that General The's men have come to get them.
(b) Fowler and Pyle find a back way out and escape.
(c) Pyle says it must be a French patrol he had been expecting.
(d) Fowler jumps and breaks his ankle; Pyle comes down the ladder; the tower explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phuong give Fowler after he gets home?
2. How does Mr. Heng say he knew about the bomb in the Garnier?
3. What does Mr. Heng want Fowler to do?
4. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
5. What does Mr. Heng ask Fowler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes work more difficult for Fowler with his leg in a cast?
2. What does Fowler mean when he tells Vigot that York Harding in the man who killed Alden Pyle?
3. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
4. Who are the Caodaists and why does Fowler go to where they are?
5. What happens to them on the way back?
6. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
7. What is the gist of Helen's letter to Fowler?
8. What does Fowler wish he had had the guts to do while Vigot was there?
9. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
10. When Fowler goes to see Mr. Heng after the Garnier bomb, what request does Heng make of him?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)