|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has made Vigot's day so long and tiring?
(a) Catching up on paperwork
(b) Petty thefts and a few suicides
(c) Murder and sudden deaths
(d) Meetings with the French Embassy
2. What does Phuong give Fowler after he gets home?
(a) A marriage ultimatum.
(b) An opium pipe.
(c) A massage.
(d) An opened telegram and the unopened letter from his wife.
3. What is Fowler's concern as he returns to his rooms after being in the hospital?
(a) That he would not be able to make it up the stairs.
(b) That Phuong will not be there.
(c) That the letter from his wife had been opened.
(d) That Phuong had moved her family into his apartment.
4. What drink does Pyle offer Fowler in Tanyin?
(a) Lime juice
(c) Warm beer
5. How does Fowler dismiss Pyle when he comes to visit?
(a) "Go read some more of your York Harding books."
(b) "Go away to your Third Force and play with your plastics."
(c) "Get out and grow up."
(d) "Get out of my house before I shoot you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
2. What does Mr. Heng want Fowler to do?
3. Returning to the time after Pyle's murder, what does Vigot tell Fowler?
4. What is Helen's answer to Fowler about getting a divorce?
5. Why does Fowler tell Pyle he should have a few bad motives?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Pyle takes Phuong away, where did Fowler go with Captain Trouin?
2. What new evidence about Pyle's death makes Vigot sure that Fowler did not kill him?
3. Why is Pyle upset that the bomb had gone off that day?
4. What admonition does Fowler give Pyle because of his support of General The?
5. Almost in spite of himself, what advice is Fowler compelled to give Pyle?
6. What is the real reason Vigot comes to play Quatre-Vingt-et-Un with Fowler?
7. What did Fowler find at the garage of Mr. Muoi?
8. What evidence is there that Vigot knows Fowler is involved in some way with Pyle's murder?
9. What does Fowler witness with Mr. Heng who had called him to big store at the corner of Boulevard Charner?
10. When Fowler returns to his flat, who is there?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)