|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Pyle make to Miss Hei?
(a) He offers to pay her every time Phuong comes to his apartment.
(b) He offers to light her cigarette.
(c) He offers to show her to the door.
(d) He offers to help Miss Hei get a job with his Mission.
2. What does Fowler later have to admit?
(a) That Pyle was really the better man.
(b) That Phuong would have been better off with Pyle.
(c) That he had sent Pyle on a fool's errand.
(d) That Pyle followed his instructions to the letter.
3. What has made Vigot's day so long and tiring?
(a) Murder and sudden deaths
(b) Meetings with the French Embassy
(c) Catching up on paperwork
(d) Petty thefts and a few suicides
4. What does Captain Trouin say he hates most about the war?
(a) The dead children
(b) The night flights
(c) The long hours
(d) The napalm bombing
5. Instead of Pyle, who comes to Fowler's door after midnight?
(a) It is the landlord wanting to know why the lights are still on.
(b) It is a messenger from Vigot, a French officer who is a casual social acquaintance of Fowler.
(c) It is a messenger from the US embassy.
(d) It is Phuong's elder sister who is trying to get Phuong married to an American.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pyle arrive at Fowler's apartment?
2. Where do Pyle and Fowler want to go?
3. Fowler wants to make love to Phuong but accepts the opium pipes instead. Why?
4. What information does Fowler offer Pyle?
5. After leaving Granger, Fowler goes home and who does he find waiting outside?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)