|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To make his own opium pipe
(b) To commit suicide
(c) To pack up and leave Indochina
(d) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
2. What does Fowler think is Pyle's obsession?
(a) Weeding corrupt administrators out of charities
(b) Politics and York Harding's theory of democracy and public policy
(c) Getting Coca Cola into every country in the world
(d) Taking out corrupt politicians in countries friendly to the USA
3. What does Granger demand when he comes to Fowler's table?
(a) That they go outside.
(b) That Fowler pay him for the girl he lost.
(c) That Fowler explain his friendship with Pyle.
(d) That they go to Fowler's apartment.
4. After Pyle leaves, how long does it take Fowler to get to Saigon?
(a) Ten days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three days
(d) Two months
5. How does Joe the Attache speak crudely about Phuong?
(a) He brags that he once had her when she worked in the dancehall.
(b) He refers to Phuong as Fowler's piece of tail.
(c) He asks Phuong what she charges by the hour.
(d) He refers to all Vietnamese women as whores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fowler tell Pyle he should have a few bad motives?
2. What does Fowler think about the prospects of the French holding the north?
3. What is Pyle's urgency to see Fowler?
4. What does Fowler have to say about General The?
5. How does Pyle tell Fowler he got to Phat Diem?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)