|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler realize about bicycle pumps?
(a) They were used to inflate rafts.
(b) They could be made into makeshift mortar firers.
(c) The mold at Mr. Muoi's iss shaped like a half section of a bicycle pump.
(d) They were being replaced with rifle mounts.
2. What does a priest offer Fowler?
(a) To notify his relatives
(b) To let him stay in the rectory
(c) To hear his confession
(d) To give him a ride to Saigon
3. What does Fowler dream after he finally falls asleep?
(a) He dreams of walking in the meadows of England.
(b) He dreams of taking his opium pipe at home.
(c) He dreams of fine food and wine.
(d) He finally falls asleep and dreams of Pyle and Phuong dancing.
4. What happens when someone comes demanding that Pyle and Fowler be brought down?
(a) Pyle says it must be a French patrol he had been expecting.
(b) Fowler and Pyle find a back way out and escape.
(c) Fowler is relieved that General The's men have come to get them.
(d) Fowler jumps and breaks his ankle; Pyle comes down the ladder; the tower explodes.
5. Why does Vigot speak softly to Fowler?
(a) Vigot offers to buy Phuong.
(b) Vigot gives Fowler a message from Pyle.
(c) Vigot tells him that Pyle has been murdered.
(d) Vigot tells Fowler that Phuong is a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pyle see himself?
2. How does Pyle treat Phuong when they first meet?
3. What is Granger's real problem that night?
4. What about the meeting really surprises Fowler?
5. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)