|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Returning to the night Fowler met Pyle, where was he?
(a) He was strolling along the rue Catinat.
(b) He was fishing in the river.
(c) He and Phuong were dining at the Continental.
(d) He was meeting Vigot at the surete.
2. What does Fowler do to see who will win Phuong?
(a) He plays a dice game and suddenly tells Pyle that he's going back to England.
(b) He sends a message to London that Fowler has not returned from Phat Diem.
(c) He wires his new service and turns down the job.
(d) He proposes marriage to Phuong as soon as he can get a divorce.
3. When Fowler goes to see Pyle, to whom does he talk?
(a) Mr. Heng
(b) Miss Hei
(c) Joe, the Economic Attache
4. After Fowler leaves a message for Pyle, what does he think he might accomplish?
(a) Go to the Surete and tell them everything he knows about the bombing.
(b) Perhaps warn Pyle of the danger he is in and get him to stop what he is doing.
(c) Talk Pyle into taking an emergency trip to America.
(d) Get Pyle to leave immediately with Phuong because she is in danger.
5. Fowler translates for Phuong that Pyle loves her and wants to marry her. What is Phuong's response?
(a) She has no reaction at all.
(b) She says he will have to ask Hei.
(c) She runs and jumps in Pyle's lap.
(d) She turns him down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Vigot say was used on Pyle?
2. What is the difference between Fowler and Pyle?
3. How does Fowler get to the city of Phat Diem?
4. What seems to be Vigot's main concern?
5. What is strange about Fowler's relationship with Phuong?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)