|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Heng ask Fowler?
(a) If Pyle knows York Harding.
(b) If Pyle is really his friend?
(c) If he really wants to stop Pyle.
(d) If he has any information about Pyle.
2. What does Fowler wish he had the courage for after Vigot leaves?
(a) To commit suicide
(b) To call and say, "I did see Pyle that night."
(c) To make his own opium pipe
(d) To pack up and leave Indochina
3. What does Granger demand when he comes to Fowler's table?
(a) That Fowler explain his friendship with Pyle.
(b) That they go outside.
(c) That they go to Fowler's apartment.
(d) That Fowler pay him for the girl he lost.
4. What was wrong with the bombing that day?
(a) Pyle did not know they had cancelled the parade which was the main target.
(b) Several Americans were killed accidentally.
(c) It was more powerful than they had planned.
(d) It was supposed to go off in the officers quarters.
5. When things settle down at the House of the Five Hundred Girls, where do Pyle, Fowler and Phuong go?
(a) The go to the Grand Monde.
(b) They go to Pyle's apartment.
(c) Granger stays there but Fowler and Pyle go back to the Continental with Phuong.
(d) They go to Fowler's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fowler see most of the men in the press corps?
2. What is behind the Holy See as one approaches Tanyin?
3. Why is the American Attache upset?
4. What happens when someone comes demanding that Pyle and Fowler be brought down?
5. Instead of Pyle, who comes to Fowler's door after midnight?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)