|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a priest offer Fowler?
(a) To give him a ride to Saigon
(b) To let him stay in the rectory
(c) To hear his confession
(d) To notify his relatives
2. What happens at the fountain in front of the big store?
(a) Pyle is keeping people away from the fountain.
(b) Three bicycles put there by the police explode.
(c) People are diving into the fountain.
(d) The police have blocked off the street to the fountain.
3. What is Thomas Fowler doing in Vietnam?
(a) He is covering the war in Vietnam in 1952 in which the French armies are fighting against the Communist Vietminh.
(b) He is looking for a young Asian wife.
(c) He is writing a book about the Vietnamese people.
(d) He is on holiday from his correspondance post in India.
4. What does Fowler dream after he finally falls asleep?
(a) He dreams of walking in the meadows of England.
(b) He dreams of fine food and wine.
(c) He finally falls asleep and dreams of Pyle and Phuong dancing.
(d) He dreams of taking his opium pipe at home.
5. What does Vigot want to do without Phuong being present?
(a) Go through Phuong's possessions
(b) Join Fowler in an opium pipe
(c) Come to Fowler's apartment and ask more questions
(d) Play a dice game
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fowler run into in Tanyin?
2. Besides Phuong, why does Fowler really want to stay in Vietnam?
3. What information does Fowler offer Pyle?
4. Why does Fowler go to The Pavillon after leaving the apartment on rue Catinat?
5. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)