|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when someone comes demanding that Pyle and Fowler be brought down?
(a) Fowler and Pyle find a back way out and escape.
(b) Fowler jumps and breaks his ankle; Pyle comes down the ladder; the tower explodes.
(c) Fowler is relieved that General The's men have come to get them.
(d) Pyle says it must be a French patrol he had been expecting.
2. What does Fowler think about the prospects of the French holding the north?
(a) He thinks the French will have to bring in allies to help.
(b) He thinks it will be a decades long standoff.
(c) He thinks that the French can hold Northern Vietnam if the Chinese don't intervene.
(d) He thinks the French will pull out and leave it for the communists.
3. What seems to be Vigot's main concern?
(a) Pinning the crime on Fowler
(b) Finishing and going to the bar
(c) Writing up a report that will pass the scrutiny of his superiors
(d) Bribing Fowler to let him have Phuong
4. Where do Pyle and Fowler want to go?
(a) They say they would like to go to Cambodia.
(b) Both Pyle and Fowler express interest in going to Phat Diem to access the situation.
(c) They both want to go to Bangkok.
(d) Pyle wants to go to America and Fowler wants to go to England.
5. What is in the telegram Fowler receives form London?
(a) He has been promoted to foreign editor. He will be leaving Vietnam for a desk job in London.
(b) They want him to interview the French commanding general.
(c) They want his report of Phat Diem.
(d) He is fired for not turning in any reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to the American press corps men, how does Fowler assess Pyle?
2. How does Pyle treat Phuong when they first meet?
3. What does Miss Hei tell Pyle when he and Phuong return to the table?
4. What does Miss Hei want from Fowler?
5. What does Fowler say to the priest about the sacrament of confession?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)