|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler say when Phuong says Miss Hei does not believe he will marry her?
(a) He tells her they can live together and his wife will divorce him.
(b) He tells her he just wrote a letter to his wife asking for a divorce.
(c) He tells her that he had lied; he isn't married after all.
(d) He tells her he can marry her without getting a divorce.
2. While waiting for Pyle who is three hours late, what does Phuong do for Fowler?
(a) She does an exotic dance for him like she used to do in the bar.
(b) Phuong prepares an opium pipe for Fowler, who smokes it, and then smokes another.
(c) She reads Photoplay Magazine to him.
(d) She mixes him a martini and rolls him a cigar.
3. What is in the telegram Fowler receives form London?
(a) He has been promoted to foreign editor. He will be leaving Vietnam for a desk job in London.
(b) They want his report of Phat Diem.
(c) He is fired for not turning in any reports.
(d) They want him to interview the French commanding general.
4. Why does Pyle feel the need to speak to Fowler at all?
(a) He wants Fowler to order Phuong out of his house.
(b) He thinks Fowler is like Phuong's father and he wants his permission to marry her.
(c) He is in love with Phuong and wants to do the honorable thing by Fowler.
(d) He is ready to kill Fowler if he objects.
5. Why is Miss Hei interested in Pyle?
(a) She wants to sell him some opium.
(b) She is a Vietnamese undercover agent.
(c) He is handsome and she wants to marry him.
(d) He is young and looks like a possible marriage partner for Phuong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lieutenant Peraud's obsession?
2. What information does Fowler offer Pyle?
3. Fowler translates for Phuong that Pyle loves her and wants to marry her. What is Phuong's response?
4. What are the results of the battle that follows the Vietminh's infiltration?
5. What does Fowler find so annoying about the letter from Pyle?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)