|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler dream after he finally falls asleep?
(a) He dreams of taking his opium pipe at home.
(b) He dreams of fine food and wine.
(c) He dreams of walking in the meadows of England.
(d) He finally falls asleep and dreams of Pyle and Phuong dancing.
2. Having nothing else to do, where does Fowler go once he is back in Saigon?
(a) With nothing else to do, he starts trying to find out more about Pyle.
(b) With nothing else to do, Fowler goes to interview a French lieutenant.
(c) With nothing else to do, Fowler goes to the House of the Five Hundred Girls.
(d) Fowler,with nothing else to do, attends a press conference led by a handsome young French colonel.
3. What does Fowler do to see who will win Phuong?
(a) He wires his new service and turns down the job.
(b) He proposes marriage to Phuong as soon as he can get a divorce.
(c) He plays a dice game and suddenly tells Pyle that he's going back to England.
(d) He sends a message to London that Fowler has not returned from Phat Diem.
4. Fowler wants to make love to Phuong but accepts the opium pipes instead. Why?
(a) He is more addicted to opium than he is to Phuong.
(b) It keeps him busy so he does not have time to think about her.
(c) He hopes she will make the first move if he accepts the pipes.
(d) He knows if he smokes more than four pipes, he will lose his desire for her.
5. What is Fowler thinking as he watches Pyle and Phuong dancing?
(a) He thinks about his late wife.
(b) He thinks about what a good dancer Pyle is.
(c) He thinks about his opium pipe.
(d) Fowler recalls how she used to dance at the Grand Monde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fowler, who is British, has developed what feeling about Vietnam?
2. What is Thomas Fowler doing in Vietnam?
3. Returning to the night Fowler met Pyle, where was he?
4. What is in the telegram Fowler receives form London?
5. Instead of Pyle, who comes to Fowler's door after midnight?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)