|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alden Pyle's publicly known job?
(a) He is a battery manufacturer.
(b) He works for Harvard University.
(c) He is a reporter for the New York Times.
(d) He works for the Economic Aid Mission.
2. Where do the people take refuge?
(a) Greene describes people taking refuge in the Cathedral.
(b) Greene says they people stayed in the French Consulate.
(c) Greene writes that the people hid in the rice paddys.
(d) Greene says that they started the long walk back to Saigon.
3. After Pyle leaves, how long does it take Fowler to get to Saigon?
(a) Two months
(b) Three days
(c) Three weeks
(d) Ten days
4. What does Pyle notice the first time Fowler meets him?
(a) The Milk Fountain where Vietnamese people buy malted milks.
(b) The spies who are trailing Fowler.
(c) That Fowler is left-handed.
(d) The time on the big clock in the square.
5. How does the telegram affect Fowler?
(a) He knows he won't get his opium pipes in London.
(b) He nearly jumps for joy at getting out of Vietnam.
(c) He is angry that they did not consult him first.
(d) The telegram makes him sad; if he leaves, it means Phuong will marry Pyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Fowler listening closely to Pyle's ideas about war?
2. How was Pyle killed?
3. What is the conflicting report about the war in the North?
4. Why is Phuong unhappy with Pyle and not want to see him?
5. After Pyle leaves, what does Phuong do for Fowler?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)