|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Pyle go on and on about?
(a) Democracy and the Eastern Cultures
(b) The History of War
(c) The Yellow Peril
(d) The Red Badge of Courage
2. What alibi does Fowler give for his whereabouts?
(a) He says that he was at the clinic getting an allergy shot.
(b) He says he was with Phuong all evening long.
(c) He says he was at the Continental and then saw a movie and later had dinner. People would remember him at these places.
(d) He says he had a party at his house from seven until eleven.
3. What is strange about Fowler's relationship with Phuong?
(a) He is old enough to be her grandfather.
(b) She cannot speak any English or French.
(c) He is ashamed to take her out anywhere in public.
(d) They have been together for several years, yet mysteriously she is engaged to marry Alden Pyle.
4. Where do Pyle and Fowler want to go?
(a) They say they would like to go to Cambodia.
(b) They both want to go to Bangkok.
(c) Pyle wants to go to America and Fowler wants to go to England.
(d) Both Pyle and Fowler express interest in going to Phat Diem to access the situation.
5. What does Fowler think about the prospects of the French holding the north?
(a) He thinks the French will pull out and leave it for the communists.
(b) He thinks the French will have to bring in allies to help.
(c) He thinks it will be a decades long standoff.
(d) He thinks that the French can hold Northern Vietnam if the Chinese don't intervene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Fowler listening closely to Pyle's ideas about war?
2. What does Miss Hei want from Fowler?
3. What does Fowler have to say about General The?
4. While waiting for Pyle who is three hours late, what does Phuong do for Fowler?
5. Why does Miss Hei not like Fowler?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)