|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Fowler give for his whereabouts?
(a) He says he was with Phuong all evening long.
(b) He says he had a party at his house from seven until eleven.
(c) He says he was at the Continental and then saw a movie and later had dinner. People would remember him at these places.
(d) He says that he was at the clinic getting an allergy shot.
2. While waiting for Pyle who is three hours late, what does Phuong do for Fowler?
(a) She mixes him a martini and rolls him a cigar.
(b) She does an exotic dance for him like she used to do in the bar.
(c) Phuong prepares an opium pipe for Fowler, who smokes it, and then smokes another.
(d) She reads Photoplay Magazine to him.
3. What is Alden Pyle's Passion?
(a) Scotch and soda
(b) Getting the French out of Vietnam
(c) To reform and redeem the entire universe
4. What does Vigot allow Fowler to do in Pyle's apartment?
(a) Rearrange Pyle's library
(b) Take one of Pyle's York Harding books
(c) Wipe Phuong's fingerprints off everything
(d) Take a photograph of Phuong that was by Pyle's bed
5. What is Graham Greene's definition of the quiet American?
(a) Not the obnoxious pushy kind of person that is often the stereotype of Americans in foreign countries.
(b) An American who works alone in a large office.
(c) The Teddy Roosevelt type who speaks softly but carries a big stick.
(d) An American who has lost his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phuong's favorite reading subject matter?
2. What does Fowler have to say about General The?
3. What makes Vigot even more suspicious of Fowler?
4. How does Fowler see most of the men in the press corps?
5. Why does Vigot speak softly to Fowler?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)