|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pyle's urgency to see Fowler?
(a) He needs Forler to help him find general The.
(b) He wants to marry Phuong if she'll have him.
(c) He wants Fowler to help him on a secret mission.
(d) He says Fowler is the only one he trusts.
2. What does Vigot say he dislikes most about his job?
(a) Spending so much time in mortuaries
(b) All the paperwork
(c) Chasing illegal gamblers
(d) The stupid people who work under him
3. How do Fowler and the others eventually leave Phat Diem?
(a) They stay in the cathedarl until the French retake the city.
(b) Fowler marches with others through farmland. Everyone's nerves are taut with fear yet it is very boring.
(c) They are rescued at night by French helicopters.
(d) They make a huge raft and go down the river that Fowler came up on.
4. What does Vigot want to do without Phuong being present?
(a) Come to Fowler's apartment and ask more questions
(b) Play a dice game
(c) Join Fowler in an opium pipe
(d) Go through Phuong's possessions
5. Having nothing else to do, where does Fowler go once he is back in Saigon?
(a) With nothing else to do, Fowler goes to interview a French lieutenant.
(b) With nothing else to do, Fowler goes to the House of the Five Hundred Girls.
(c) Fowler,with nothing else to do, attends a press conference led by a handsome young French colonel.
(d) With nothing else to do, he starts trying to find out more about Pyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe the Attache speak crudely about Phuong?
2. What happens right after the American girls leave The Pavillon?
3. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
4. When things settle down at the House of the Five Hundred Girls, where do Pyle, Fowler and Phuong go?
5. What does Fowler find so annoying about the letter from Pyle?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)