|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fowler go to Pyle's apartment?
(a) To pick up Phuong's things
(b) To meeti with Vigot
(c) To find a book he had lent Pyle
(d) To look for clues
2. What was York Harding's experience in Indochina?
(a) Harding got his information from refugees who came to America.
(b) Harding used French press reports to write his book.
(c) He had been there for one week once on his way from Bangkok to Tokoyo.
(d) Harding had never set foot in Vietnam.
3. What is Lieutenant Peraud's obsession?
(a) Peraud has a phobia against germs.
(b) Peraud is devoted to Our Lady of Fatima.
(c) Peraud is infatuated with every woman he meets.
(d) Peraud is mad about Vietnamese art.
4. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
(a) Believing in York's Third Force
(b) Trusting Vigot and the Surete
(c) Trusting Joe too much
(d) Negotiating with the Vietminh
5. What happens right after the American girls leave The Pavillon?
(a) It begins to rain heavily.
(b) Pyle enters with a disguised General The.
(c) A French woman comes to Fowler's table.
(d) A bomb goes off near the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phuong open the telegram before Fowler gets home?
2. Why does Fowler leave Phuong in the trishaw and go into the House of Five Hundred Girls?
3. Returning home, who does Fowler find in his apartment?
4. After leaving the Attache's office, what does Fowler say he did in the men's lavatory?
5. What does Vigot allow Fowler to do in Pyle's apartment?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)