|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler think is Pyle's obsession?
(a) Weeding corrupt administrators out of charities
(b) Politics and York Harding's theory of democracy and public policy
(c) Taking out corrupt politicians in countries friendly to the USA
(d) Getting Coca Cola into every country in the world
2. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
(a) The Vietminh come in as rice traders.
(b) The Vietminh join their procession for Fatima and take them by surprise.
(c) The Vietminh arrive as traders looking for business.
(d) The Vietminh enter the city dressed as nuns.
3. Where do Granger, Joe and Pyle decide to go?
(a) They decide to go to the American embassy.
(b) They decide to go next door to the House of Five Hundred Girls.
(c) They decide to go to the Majestic theater.
(d) They decide to go to Fowler's apartment.
4. What does Fowler see when he goes out?
(a) He sees that the town was not touched and most people are alive.
(b) He sees that the Vietminh have set up a hospital to treat the wounded.
(c) He sees bodies and body parts floating in canals, some covered with flies, some lying dead on the road.
(d) He sees that the United Nations is there to help the survivors.
5. How was Pyle killed?
(a) Someone shot him in the head.
(b) Someone stabbed him before dumping his body in the mud and he drowned.
(c) Someone strangled him and threw his body in the river.
(d) Someone poured gasoline on him and set him on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Hei want from Fowler?
2. Why does Pyle feel the need to speak to Fowler at all?
3. What rather obnoxious person comes to the table where Fowler, Joe the Attache, Pyle, and Phuong are seated?
4. What makes Vigot even more suspicious of Fowler?
5. Fowler wants to make love to Phuong but accepts the opium pipes instead. Why?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)