|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the people take refuge?
(a) Greene says that they started the long walk back to Saigon.
(b) Greene writes that the people hid in the rice paddys.
(c) Greene describes people taking refuge in the Cathedral.
(d) Greene says they people stayed in the French Consulate.
2. What does Vigot allow Fowler to do in Pyle's apartment?
(a) Wipe Phuong's fingerprints off everything
(b) Take one of Pyle's York Harding books
(c) Take a photograph of Phuong that was by Pyle's bed
(d) Rearrange Pyle's library
3. How was Pyle killed?
(a) Someone strangled him and threw his body in the river.
(b) Someone shot him in the head.
(c) Someone poured gasoline on him and set him on fire.
(d) Someone stabbed him before dumping his body in the mud and he drowned.
4. Why does Miss Hei not like Fowler?
(a) Miss Hei does not like Fowler because her goal in life is to marry Phuong off to a rich European and Fowler is already married.
(b) Miss Hei thinks Fowler is a police informer because he asks a lot of questions.
(c) Miss Hei cannot get Fowler to pay for Phuong's company.
(d) Miss Hei thinks Fowler is far too old for Phuong to be living with.
5. Instead of Pyle, who comes to Fowler's door after midnight?
(a) It is a messenger from the US embassy.
(b) It is Phuong's elder sister who is trying to get Phuong married to an American.
(c) It is a messenger from Vigot, a French officer who is a casual social acquaintance of Fowler.
(d) It is the landlord wanting to know why the lights are still on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fowler think is Pyle's obsession?
2. Where and with whom is Thomas Fowler as The Quiet American begins?
3. What does a priest offer Fowler?
4. What does Fowler dream after he finally falls asleep?
5. Why does Pyle feel the need to speak to Fowler at all?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)