|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fowler leave Phuong in the trishaw and go into the House of Five Hundred Girls?
(a) Fowler suddenly feels protective of Pyle and goes in to rescue him.
(b) Fowler wants to see if they have any new girls.
(c) Fowler thinks he hears gun shots.
(d) Fowler sees the policemen for the surete coming and goes to warn Pyle.
2. Why is Miss Hei interested in Pyle?
(a) She is a Vietnamese undercover agent.
(b) He is handsome and she wants to marry him.
(c) He is young and looks like a possible marriage partner for Phuong.
(d) She wants to sell him some opium.
3. What is Fowler thinking as he watches Pyle and Phuong dancing?
(a) He thinks about his opium pipe.
(b) Fowler recalls how she used to dance at the Grand Monde.
(c) He thinks about his late wife.
(d) He thinks about what a good dancer Pyle is.
4. How does Pyle tell Fowler he got to Phat Diem?
(a) Pyle says he parachuetted out of a plane.
(b) Pyle says he came in a military Jeep.
(c) Pyle relates how he came to Phat Diem alone and by boat.
(d) Pyle tells Fowler he hiked the whole way.
5. What are the results of the battle that follows the Vietminh's infiltration?
(a) Fowler is taken prisoner.
(b) Four days later this battle is an obvious defeat for the French.
(c) There are only Vietminh casualties.
(d) The Vietminh are soundly defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the books Pyle likes so much?
2. Where do the people take refuge?
3. What is Alden Pyle's Passion?
4. What is Pyle's urgency to see Fowler?
5. What does Pyle notice the first time Fowler meets him?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)