|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While waiting for Pyle who is three hours late, what does Phuong do for Fowler?
(a) She mixes him a martini and rolls him a cigar.
(b) She reads Photoplay Magazine to him.
(c) She does an exotic dance for him like she used to do in the bar.
(d) Phuong prepares an opium pipe for Fowler, who smokes it, and then smokes another.
2. Who surprises Fowler by showing up during the march out of Phat Diem?
3. What does Fowler dream after he finally falls asleep?
(a) He finally falls asleep and dreams of Pyle and Phuong dancing.
(b) He dreams of taking his opium pipe at home.
(c) He dreams of fine food and wine.
(d) He dreams of walking in the meadows of England.
4. What does Pyle notice the first time Fowler meets him?
(a) That Fowler is left-handed.
(b) The Milk Fountain where Vietnamese people buy malted milks.
(c) The time on the big clock in the square.
(d) The spies who are trailing Fowler.
5. What procession is formed in the city of Phat Diem?
(a) A Buddhist celebration procession
(b) A procession to celebrate Our Lady of fatima
(c) A rice harvest festival parade
(d) A mock evacuation drill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conflicting report about the war in the North?
2. What about the meeting really surprises Fowler?
3. How do Fowler and the others eventually leave Phat Diem?
4. Who comes to the table to talk to Fowler while Pyle and Phuong are dancing?
5. Why is Miss Hei interested in Pyle?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)