|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to wounded French soldiers when no helicopters are available to rescue them?
(a) Vietnamese civilians have formed a brigade to rescue them.
(b) Without helicopters, wounded soldiers have little chance of getting carried to a hospital. They are left to die where they fall.
(c) French special forces go in on foot to bring them to safety.
(d) They are given poison pills to take if they fear being captured.
2. What is the name of York's theory In which Pyle believes?
(a) The Magnum Force
(b) The Third Force
(c) The Mind's Eye
(d) The Last Stand
3. What seems to be Vigot's main concern?
(a) Finishing and going to the bar
(b) Pinning the crime on Fowler
(c) Writing up a report that will pass the scrutiny of his superiors
(d) Bribing Fowler to let him have Phuong
4. What does Phuong want to see?
(a) Princess Margaret and Buckingham Palace
(b) Skyscrapers and the Statue of Liberty
(c) Paris and Niagra Falls
(d) London and New York
5. What does the Attache put in the wire to Pyle's parents?
(a) That their son had died of malaria.
(b) That their son had died of heart failure.
(c) That their son had been run over by a bus.
(d) That their son had died a soldier's death in the cause of Democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Granger, Joe and Pyle decide to go?
2. What is Phuong's response when Fowler tells her Pyle had invited himself to Fowler's apartment for a drink?
3. Who gets a job for Miss Hei with the Americans?
4. What does Fowler later have to admit?
5. Is Fowler listening closely to Pyle's ideas about war?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)