|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pyle accuse Fowler of doing to keep Phuong for himself?
(a) Bribing Miss Hei
(b) Getting her pregnant
2. Returning to the night Fowler met Pyle, where was he?
(a) He and Phuong were dining at the Continental.
(b) He was strolling along the rue Catinat.
(c) He was meeting Vigot at the surete.
(d) He was fishing in the river.
3. What book does Pyle go on and on about?
(a) The Yellow Peril
(b) The History of War
(c) Democracy and the Eastern Cultures
(d) The Red Badge of Courage
4. How does Pyle treat Phuong when they first meet?
(a) He treats her as if she were not there.
(b) He treats her as if she were a street walker.
(c) He treats her as an older person.
(d) He treats her as if she were a fine lady.
5. What rather obnoxious person comes to the table where Fowler, Joe the Attache, Pyle, and Phuong are seated?
(a) The American Finance Attache.
(b) An American journalist named Granger.
(c) The British Consul.
(d) A messenger from the surete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's answer to Fowler about getting a divorce?
2. What does Fowler have to say about General The?
3. What does Pyle say about his importing plastics?
4. What has happened to Fowler's assistant, Dominguez?
5. Where do Granger, Joe and Pyle decide to go?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)