|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pyle and Fowler want to go?
(a) They say they would like to go to Cambodia.
(b) Both Pyle and Fowler express interest in going to Phat Diem to access the situation.
(c) They both want to go to Bangkok.
(d) Pyle wants to go to America and Fowler wants to go to England.
2. What does Fowler learn from Mr. Chou's manager, Mr. Heng?
(a) He sees plastics and a mold for Pyle that got opened by mistake.
(b) That Pyle is buying military equipment from Mr. Chou.
(c) That the Economic Attache is receiving goods for Pyle.
(d) That Pyle is planning to kidnap Phuong.
3. What is Fowler's concern as he returns to his rooms after being in the hospital?
(a) That Phuong will not be there.
(b) That the letter from his wife had been opened.
(c) That he would not be able to make it up the stairs.
(d) That Phuong had moved her family into his apartment.
4. How does Pyle see himself?
(a) He sees himself as a possible source of winning information.
(b) He sees himself as being trapped where he doesn't want to be.
(c) He sees himself as a serious backer of the French.
(d) He describes himself as an observer with no real views on the war.
5. What does Fowler later have to admit?
(a) That Pyle was really the better man.
(b) That he had sent Pyle on a fool's errand.
(c) That Pyle followed his instructions to the letter.
(d) That Phuong would have been better off with Pyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having nothing else to do, where does Fowler go once he is back in Saigon?
2. What rather obnoxious person comes to the table where Fowler, Joe the Attache, Pyle, and Phuong are seated?
3. Why is Phuong unhappy with Pyle and not want to see him?
4. Why does Fowler tell Pyle he should have a few bad motives?
5. How does Fowler dismiss Pyle when he comes to visit?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)