|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fowler say to the priest about the sacrament of confession?
(a) He tells the priest that he is an atheist.
(b) In his blunt way, Fowler tells the priest that the rite seems unmanly and morbid to him.
(c) He tells the priest that he should find something more useful to do.
(d) He tells the priest that he only goes to confession once very ten years.
2. What was wrong with the bombing that day?
(a) Several Americans were killed accidentally.
(b) Pyle did not know they had cancelled the parade which was the main target.
(c) It was more powerful than they had planned.
(d) It was supposed to go off in the officers quarters.
3. Why does Fowler say he wants to find another flat?
(a) He's planning on bringing Helen here.
(b) He plans on moving Dominguez in with him.
(c) He doesn't need that many rooms.
(d) There is too much of Phuong where he is.
4. How does Pyle tell Fowler he got to Phat Diem?
(a) Pyle says he came in a military Jeep.
(b) Pyle tells Fowler he hiked the whole way.
(c) Pyle relates how he came to Phat Diem alone and by boat.
(d) Pyle says he parachuetted out of a plane.
5. What is behind the Holy See as one approaches Tanyin?
(a) A dark jungle
(b) The sacred mountain that looks like a bowler hat.
(c) The palaces of the Pope of Caodaism
(d) The waterfalls of antiquity
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lieutenant Peraud's obsession?
2. Why does Fowler suddenly have a big suspicion about Pyle?
3. What happens when someone comes demanding that Pyle and Fowler be brought down?
4. What about the meeting really surprises Fowler?
5. What does Fowler think of the speech the deputy Pope of Caodaism gives him?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)