|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Caodaists' churches look like?
(a) Pink and blue with a huge eye of God over the door
(b) Golden pagodas
(c) Green domes with a hole in the top
(d) Stone squares with minarets at the four corners
2. How does Fowler perceive the man who is selling the place?
(a) As a remnant of the old colonialists
(b) As an idealist like Pyle
(c) As an important government official
(d) As an ugly American
3. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
(a) The Vietminh enter the city dressed as nuns.
(b) The Vietminh join their procession for Fatima and take them by surprise.
(c) The Vietminh come in as rice traders.
(d) The Vietminh arrive as traders looking for business.
4. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
(a) Trusting Joe too much
(b) Trusting Vigot and the Surete
(c) Believing in York's Third Force
(d) Negotiating with the Vietminh
5. Why does Fowler go to The Pavillon after leaving the apartment on rue Catinat?
(a) To see if Phuong is there
(b) To meet Joe, the Economic Attache
(c) To find Vigot and ask about Pyle
(d) To avoid seeing Phuong at the Milk Fountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people take refuge?
2. What is Pyle's urgency to see Fowler?
3. What does a priest offer Fowler?
4. What procession is formed in the city of Phat Diem?
5. What does Fowler think of the speech the deputy Pope of Caodaism gives him?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)