|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
(a) The Vietminh come in as rice traders.
(b) The Vietminh join their procession for Fatima and take them by surprise.
(c) The Vietminh enter the city dressed as nuns.
(d) The Vietminh arrive as traders looking for business.
2. What does Fowler say to the priest about the sacrament of confession?
(a) He tells the priest that he should find something more useful to do.
(b) He tells the priest that he is an atheist.
(c) He tells the priest that he only goes to confession once very ten years.
(d) In his blunt way, Fowler tells the priest that the rite seems unmanly and morbid to him.
3. What is behind the Holy See as one approaches Tanyin?
(a) The sacred mountain that looks like a bowler hat.
(b) The palaces of the Pope of Caodaism
(c) The waterfalls of antiquity
(d) A dark jungle
4. How does Fowler perceive the man who is selling the place?
(a) As an important government official
(b) As an ugly American
(c) As an idealist like Pyle
(d) As a remnant of the old colonialists
5. Why does Fowler go to The Pavillon after leaving the apartment on rue Catinat?
(a) To find Vigot and ask about Pyle
(b) To meet Joe, the Economic Attache
(c) To avoid seeing Phuong at the Milk Fountain
(d) To see if Phuong is there
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the bombing that day?
2. Who are the cardinals of Caodaism?
3. What restriction is imposed by the French after the battle of Phat Diem?
4. What does Fowler see when he goes out?
5. When Fowler and Pyle talk, against what does Fowler warn Pyle?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)