|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pyle feel the need to speak to Fowler at all?
(a) He is in love with Phuong and wants to do the honorable thing by Fowler.
(b) He is ready to kill Fowler if he objects.
(c) He thinks Fowler is like Phuong's father and he wants his permission to marry her.
(d) He wants Fowler to order Phuong out of his house.
2. How do Fowler and the others eventually leave Phat Diem?
(a) They stay in the cathedarl until the French retake the city.
(b) They are rescued at night by French helicopters.
(c) They make a huge raft and go down the river that Fowler came up on.
(d) Fowler marches with others through farmland. Everyone's nerves are taut with fear yet it is very boring.
3. When Fowler's car runs out of gas, what does he have to do to get to a Vietnamese lookout?
(a) He and Pyle puch the car a hundred meters down the road.
(b) He blinks his car lights to draw attention.
(c) He climbs a rope ladder and is terrified.
(d) He honks his horn with a secret signal.
4. How do the Vietminh infiltrate the city?
(a) The Vietminh join their procession for Fatima and take them by surprise.
(b) The Vietminh enter the city dressed as nuns.
(c) The Vietminh come in as rice traders.
(d) The Vietminh arrive as traders looking for business.
5. Where do the people take refuge?
(a) Greene describes people taking refuge in the Cathedral.
(b) Greene writes that the people hid in the rice paddys.
(c) Greene says they people stayed in the French Consulate.
(d) Greene says that they started the long walk back to Saigon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the bombing that day?
2. What procession is formed in the city of Phat Diem?
3. What do Caodaists' churches look like?
4. Who does Fowler run into in Tanyin?
5. Who are the cardinals of Caodaism?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)