|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
2. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
3. What is Jack imprisoned in?
4. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
5. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
2. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
3. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
4. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
5. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
6. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
7. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
8. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
9. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
10. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did slavery play in this plot, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of the theme of slavery?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)