|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
2. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
3. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
4. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
5. What is Genoese's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kuxen?
2. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
3. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
4. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
5. Who is St. George?
6. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
7. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
8. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
9. Why does Jack go to Paris?
10. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)