|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does the duc d'Arcachon sustain?
2. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
3. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
4. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
5. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
2. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
3. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
4. Who is St. George?
5. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
6. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
7. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
8. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
9. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
10. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)