|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
2. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
3. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
4. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
2. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
3. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
4. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
5. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
6. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
7. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
8. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
9. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
10. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)