|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
2. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
3. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
4. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
5. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Stephenson presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)