|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
2. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
3. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
4. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
5. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)