|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
2. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
3. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
4. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
5. Comstock says Daniel should maintain good relations with ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
2. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
3. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
4. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
5. What is Kuxen?
6. Who is St. George?
7. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
8. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
9. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
10. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Stephenson have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)