|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
2. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
3. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
4. How long has Daniel known James?
5. James thanks Daniel for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kuxen?
2. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
3. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
4. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
5. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
6. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
7. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
8. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
9. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
10. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Stephenson presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)