|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
2. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
3. What does Eliza think when she first sees Jack after their long separation?
4. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
5. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
2. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
3. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
4. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
5. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
6. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
7. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
8. What is Kuxen?
9. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
10. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)