|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
2. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
3. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
4. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
5. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
2. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
3. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
4. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
5. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
6. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
7. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
8. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
9. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
10. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)