|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack imprisoned in?
2. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
3. Where does Genoese live?
4. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
5. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
2. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
3. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
4. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
5. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
6. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
7. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
8. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
9. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
10. Why does Jack go to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)