|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
2. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
3. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
4. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
5. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
2. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
3. Who is St. George?
4. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
5. Why does Jack go to Paris?
6. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
7. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
8. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
9. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
10. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)