|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
2. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
3. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
4. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
5. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
Essay Topic 1
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)