|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lisolette related to the King?
2. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
3. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
4. What does Eliza think when she first sees Jack after their long separation?
5. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
2. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
3. Why does Jack go to Paris?
4. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
5. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
6. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
7. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
8. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
9. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
10. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What role did slavery play in this plot, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of the theme of slavery?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)