|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
2. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
3. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
4. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
5. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
2. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
3. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
4. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
5. Why does Jack go to Paris?
6. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
9. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
10. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)