|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
2. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
3. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
4. What is Genoese's occupation?
5. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
2. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
3. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
4. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
5. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
6. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
7. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
8. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
9. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
10. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Stephenson presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)