|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
2. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
3. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
4. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
5. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
2. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
3. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
4. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
5. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
6. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
7. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
8. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
9. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
10. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)