|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
2. What does Eliza think when she first sees Jack after their long separation?
3. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
4. What is Genoese's occupation?
5. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
2. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
3. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
4. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
5. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
6. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
7. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
8. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
9. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
10. Who is St. George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Stephenson have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effects do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)