|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
2. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
3. How is Lisolette related to the King?
4. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
5. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
2. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
3. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
4. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
5. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
6. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
7. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
8. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
9. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
10. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)