Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
2. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. Where is the book set at the beginning?
5. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. Why is Eliza hesitant to write personal details about herself to Leibniz?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
6. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
9. Who is St. George?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
What role did slavery play in this plot, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of the theme of slavery?
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)