|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
2. What did Daniel study in school?
3. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
4. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
5. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
2. What job did Jack have at the prison?
3. What causes problems when Eliza delivers her baby?
4. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
5. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
6. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
7. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
8. How does Daniel meet Tess?
9. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
10. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)