|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
2. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
3. Why does Trinity close a second time?
4. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
5. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack after his visit to Backboden?
2. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
3. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
4. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
5. How did Jack meet Eliza?
6. How does Daniel meet Tess?
7. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
8. How does this book begin?
9. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
10. How did Eliza come to be in the place she met Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)