|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Minerva attacked by?
2. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
3. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
4. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
5. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
2. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
3. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
4. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
5. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
6. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
7. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
8. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
9. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
10. What causes problems when Eliza delivers her baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What role did slavery play in this plot, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of the theme of slavery?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)