Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
2. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. Where is the book set at the beginning?
5. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. Why is Eliza hesitant to write personal details about herself to Leibniz?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
6. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
9. Who is St. George?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
Essay Topic 1
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)