|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
2. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
3. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
4. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
5. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
2. How does Daniel meet Tess?
3. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
4. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
5. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
6. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
7. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
8. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
9. What job did Jack have at the prison?
10. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)