|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel study in school?
2. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
3. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
4. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
5. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Eliza?
2. How does the doctor help Jack?
3. What does Drake think of the London fire?
4. How does this book begin?
5. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
6. What job did Jack have at the prison?
7. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
8. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
9. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
10. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wealth is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this love for money is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)