|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
2. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
3. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
4. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
5. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
2. What does Drake think of the London fire?
3. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
4. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
5. How did Eliza come to be in the place she met Jack?
6. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
7. How does the doctor help Jack?
8. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
9. Why is the Minerva attacked?
10. How does Daniel meet Leibniz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Neal Stephenson. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)