|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack do for the man in rags?
2. What is van Hoek's occupation?
3. How long had London been burning when Daniel first saw it?
4. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
5. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
2. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
3. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
4. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
5. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
6. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
7. What does Daniel say about England and war?
8. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
9. Why is Eliza hesitant to write personal details about herself to Leibniz?
10. Who is St. George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effects do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)