|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
2. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
3. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
4. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
5. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
2. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
3. What part does Rossignol have in Eliza's child's birth?
4. How does Daniel meet Tess?
5. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
6. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
7. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
8. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
9. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
10. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)