|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
2. What is van Hoek's occupation?
3. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
4. What did Daniel's father own?
5. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
4. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
5. What part does Rossignol have in Eliza's child's birth?
6. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
7. How does the doctor help Jack?
8. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
9. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Stephenson have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)