|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
2. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. Where is the book set at the beginning?
5. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. Why is Eliza hesitant to write personal details about herself to Leibniz?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
6. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
9. Who is St. George?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)