|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
2. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
3. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
4. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
5. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
2. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
3. How does Daniel meet Tess?
4. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
5. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
6. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
7. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
8. How did Jack meet Eliza?
9. How did Eliza come to be in the place she met Jack?
10. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stephenson presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the book and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effects do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)