|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
2. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
3. What period is this book set in?
4. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
5. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack meet Eliza?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. How does Daniel meet Tess?
4. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
5. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
6. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
7. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
8. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
9. What job did Jack have at the prison?
10. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Obsession is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)