|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
2. What is Tess's occupation?
3. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
4. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
5. What is the Minerva attacked by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Minerva attacked?
2. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
3. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
4. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
5. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
6. How does Daniel meet Tess?
7. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
8. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
9. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
10. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tess was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How did she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Jack and Eliza. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)