|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(a) Proof of the infiltration.
(b) Something to live for.
(c) A friend in a low place.
2. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He follows her himself.
(b) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(c) He bribes servants.
(d) He has her followed.
3. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The King is single.
(b) The princess needs company.
(c) The prince is sick.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
4. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
(a) She seduces him.
(b) She sends a prostitute to him.
(c) She hires him.
(d) She asks him about his beloved.
5. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does the duc d'Arcachon sustain?
2. James thanks Daniel for __________.
3. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
4. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
5. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
2. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
3. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
4. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
5. Who is St. George?
6. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
7. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
8. What is Kuxen?
9. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
10. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)