|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
2. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
(a) William Penn.
(b) Thomas Pain.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) King James.
3. What does Eliza think when she first sees Jack after their long separation?
(a) She is finally being blessed.
(b) She is hallucinating.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is seeing a ghost.
4. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The prince is sick.
(b) The princess needs company.
(c) The King is single.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
5. What injury does the duc d'Arcachon sustain?
(a) His hand is cut off.
(b) His ear is cut off.
(c) He is shot in the shoulder.
(d) He is stabbed in the leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
2. What is Genoese's occupation?
3. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
4. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
5. What does Fatio warn William about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
2. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
3. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
4. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
5. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
6. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
7. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
8. What is Kuxen?
9. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
10. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)