|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His father.
(b) His slave.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
2. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
(a) A harpoon.
(b) A dagger.
(d) A gun.
3. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
4. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some money.
5. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
(a) A castle.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A hut.
(d) A fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Daniel known James?
2. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
3. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
4. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
5. What does Fatio warn William about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
2. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
3. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
4. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
5. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
6. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
7. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
8. Why does Jack go to Paris?
9. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
10. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)