|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Not fearing the truth.
(b) Speaking plainly.
(c) Teaching him.
(d) Being humble.
2. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) All of these.
(b) The lights.
(c) The traffic in and out of it.
(d) The music coming from it.
3. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
(b) Pagan worshippers.
4. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
(a) She couldn't read the writing.
(b) She showed them his letter.
(c) She flirted with the guards.
(d) She had a bank statement with her.
5. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
2. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
3. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
4. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
5. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
2. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
3. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
4. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
5. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
6. What is Kuxen?
7. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
8. Why does Jack go to Paris?
9. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
10. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)