|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He wanted to help.
(b) He is going to a ball.
(c) He buys the land near it.
(d) He is at a meeting.
2. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) The Royal Society meets there.
(d) He works with the King.
3. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The streets.
(c) The buildings.
(d) The language.
4. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A kidnapping scheme.
(b) A raise in taxes.
(c) An assassination plan.
(d) A secret ballot vote.
5. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
(a) VAC stock.
(b) VOC stock.
(c) VEC stock.
(d) VIC stock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
2. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
3. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
4. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
5. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
2. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
3. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
4. What does Liselotte tell the King about Eliza?
5. What is Kuxen?
6. Why does Jack go to Paris?
7. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
8. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
9. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
10. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)