|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) The French court.
(b) The races.
(c) A trading day.
(d) A garden party.
2. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She takes pride in it.
(c) It keeps her humble.
(d) It is awkward.
3. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He buys the land near it.
(b) He is going to a ball.
(c) He wanted to help.
(d) He is at a meeting.
4. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(b) It is too cold.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He misses Eliza.
5. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
(a) Political connections.
(b) The trade of commodities.
(c) The language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
2. Comstock says Daniel should maintain good relations with ________.
3. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
4. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
5. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kuxen?
2. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
3. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
4. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
5. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
6. Why does Jack go to Paris?
7. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
8. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
9. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)