|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(b) It is too dangerous.
(c) She will lose her high station.
(d) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
2. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(a) Some money.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
3. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) The lights.
(b) All of these.
(c) The music coming from it.
(d) The traffic in and out of it.
4. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A butcher house.
(c) A prison.
(d) A slave gallery.
5. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To take care of his horse.
(b) To send a message to his father.
(c) To not tell about their prior connection.
(d) To protect the other prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
2. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
3. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
4. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
5. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
2. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
3. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
4. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
5. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
6. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
7. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
8. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
9. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
10. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)