|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
2. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He follows her himself.
(b) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(c) He has her followed.
(d) He bribes servants.
3. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His slave.
(d) His father.
4. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(b) The Duke on Monmouth.
5. How is Lisolette related to the King?
(a) She is his god daughter.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his niece.
(d) She is his sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
2. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
3. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
4. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
5. Comstock says Daniel should maintain good relations with ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
2. What is Kuxen?
3. Who is St. George?
4. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
5. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
6. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
7. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
8. What does Bob ask Eliza for help with?
9. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
10. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)