|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
(a) The apartment.
(b) A church.
(c) A stable.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
(a) His wife refuses to go.
(b) He has responsibilities at home.
(c) He has not given up on England.
(d) He hates ships.
3. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
(a) She fell while riding.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was hiding from someone.
(d) She was pregnant.
4. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
5. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(b) She will lose her high station.
(c) It is too dangerous.
(d) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
2. How is Lisolette related to the King?
3. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
4. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
5. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
2. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
3. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
4. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
5. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
6. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
7. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
8. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
9. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)