|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
(a) She is a governess.
(b) She is a harlot.
(c) She is a trader.
(d) She is a maid.
2. Comstock says Daniel should maintain good relations with ________.
(a) The board of Cambridge.
(b) The church leaders.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The next king.
3. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(c) The Duke on Monmouth.
4. What is Rossignol's job?
5. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(a) Proof of the infiltration.
(b) A friend in a low place.
(c) Something to live for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
2. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
3. How are James and Charles related?
4. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
5. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
2. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
3. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
4. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
5. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
6. What is Kuxen?
7. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
8. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
9. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
10. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)