|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
(a) She had a bank statement with her.
(b) She flirted with the guards.
(c) She couldn't read the writing.
(d) She showed them his letter.
2. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
3. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(b) The Duke on Monmouth.
4. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
5. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A prison.
(b) A mine.
(c) A town.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
2. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
3. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
4. How is Lisolette related to the King?
5. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack off the coast of Africa?
2. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
3. Who is St. George?
4. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
5. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
6. What is Kuxen?
7. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
8. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
9. Why does Jack go to Paris?
10. Why does Eliza say Jack's business plan in Amsterdam is foolish?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)