|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A prison.
(b) A church.
(c) A town.
(d) A mine.
2. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
(a) She writes coded letters.
(b) She writes them on pieces of trash.
(c) She cross stitches them.
(d) She bakes them in cakes.
3. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(b) A friend in a low place.
(c) Proof of the infiltration.
(d) Something to live for.
4. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
5. What is Genoese's occupation?
(d) Candle stick maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
2. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
3. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
4. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
5. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
2. Where is Daniel held prisoner, and why is this ironic to him?
3. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
4. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
5. What bothers Jack when he first gets to Paris?
6. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. How does Jack make money while in Paris?
9. Why does Jack go to Paris?
10. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)