|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
2. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A guard.
3. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was hiding from someone.
(d) She fell while riding.
4. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
5. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) The Sandwhich Islands.
(c) The Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
2. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
3. Who are chasing the people Jack finds in the woods?
4. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
5. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
2. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
3. How does Eliza receive her title of nobility?
4. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
5. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
6. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
7. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
8. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
9. What is Kuxen?
10. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)