|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He buys the land near it.
(b) He is going to a ball.
(c) He wanted to help.
(d) He is at a meeting.
2. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) John Smith.
(b) William Penn.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Ben Franklin.
3. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His slave.
(d) His father.
4. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
(a) The language.
(b) The trade of commodities.
(d) Political connections.
5. What is Jack imprisoned in?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A barn.
(c) A cage.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
2. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
3. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
4. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
5. What news does Genoese give Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
2. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
3. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
4. Who is St. George?
5. What test does Lisolette give Eliza when they begin associating with each other?
6. Why doesn't Arlanc want to be rescued?
7. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
8. How has Eliza been sending messages without being discovered?
9. How does Rossingol discover Eliza is corresponding with members of the Royal Society?
10. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)