|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
2. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Collected fleas from them.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Gave blood transfusions.
3. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Royal Theater.
(c) The London Bridge.
(d) The Black Room.
4. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The House Speaker.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The Queen.
5. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) The war.
(b) Lack of funding.
(c) Not enough students returned.
(d) The Plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
2. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
3. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
4. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
5. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
2. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
3. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
6. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
7. How does Daniel meet Tess?
8. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
9. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
10. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)