|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She didn't pay her taxes.
(d) She cheated on her husband.
2. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(b) Black smith.
(c) Inn keeper.
3. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The House Speaker.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prime Minister.
4. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
(d) All of these.
5. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(b) Clean blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
2. The man in rags was from _________.
3. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
4. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
5. What did Daniel's father own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
2. What does Drake think of the London fire?
3. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
4. What job did Jack have at the prison?
5. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
6. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
7. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
8. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
9. What does Daniel say about England and war?
10. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)