|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
2. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A coutier.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A maid.
(d) A man.
3. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The French,
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Germans.
4. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(a) Inn keeper.
(d) Black smith.
5. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a regiment.
(c) In politics.
(d) In a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
2. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
3. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
4. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
5. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
2. How did Jack meet Eliza?
3. What does Drake think of the London fire?
4. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
5. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
6. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
7. What does Daniel say about England and war?
8. How does Daniel meet Tess?
9. How does this book begin?
10. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)