|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
2. How did Daniel meet Tess?
(a) She asked about the hole.
(b) She was related to Newton.
(c) She was in the play.
(d) She sat next to him at the play.
3. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She cheated on her husband.
(c) She is a thief.
(d) She didn't pay her taxes.
4. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) Drunken conversations.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His experiments.
(d) Newton's ramblings.
5. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 4 dozen.
(b) 2 dozen.
(c) 1 dozen.
(d) 3 dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in rags was from _________.
2. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
3. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
4. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
5. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel meet Leibniz?
2. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
3. How did Jack meet Eliza?
4. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
5. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
6. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
7. What does Daniel say about England and war?
8. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
9. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
10. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)