|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) Escaped convicts.
(c) Black servants.
(d) A harem.
2. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
(a) Bring in the crops.
(b) Write a book.
(c) All of these.
(d) Do experiments.
3. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
(b) Abandoned houses.
(d) Hot springs.
4. What was Newton experimenting with when Daniel came to him?
(a) Light and colors.
(b) Star alignments.
5. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The second coming.
(b) The industrial period.
(c) The apocalypse.
(d) The new world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel wait at the Square on London Bridge?
2. How did Daniel meet Tess?
3. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
4. What did Daniel study in school?
5. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
2. What does Drake think of the London fire?
3. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
4. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
5. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
6. What job did Jack have at the prison?
7. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
8. Why is the Minerva attacked?
9. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
10. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)