|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The French,
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Germans.
2. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Gresham College.
(b) University of the Trinity.
(c) Oxford College.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. Who starts a fire at Daniel's house?
4. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
5. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
(b) All of these.
(c) Daniel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
2. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
3. What did Daniel study in school?
4. How long had London been burning when Daniel first saw it?
5. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
2. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
3. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. Why is the Minerva attacked?
6. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
7. How did Jack meet Eliza?
8. What does Drake think of the London fire?
9. How does the doctor help Jack?
10. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)