|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A carriage.
(c) The theater.
(d) A hotel.
2. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
(a) All of these.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Do experiments.
(d) Bring in the crops.
3. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) A dancer's garb.
(b) The master's robes.
(c) A dead man's turban.
(d) The captain's coat.
4. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) Rumors spread to him.
(b) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(c) He heard a dog scream.
(d) He saw it through a window.
5. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
2. Who starts a fire at Daniel's house?
3. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
4. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
5. What was Eliza's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
2. How does Daniel meet Leibniz?
3. How does the doctor help Jack?
4. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
5. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
6. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
7. How does this book begin?
8. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
9. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
10. How did Jack meet Eliza?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)