|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
(a) Escaped convicts.
(b) Black servants.
(c) Prisoners of war.
(d) A harem.
2. What period is this book set in?
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(d) New York.
4. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A professor.
(c) A bodyguard.
(d) A nobleman.
5. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) Rumors spread to him.
(b) He heard a dog scream.
(c) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(d) He saw it through a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
2. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
3. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
4. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
5. How did Daniel meet Tess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
2. How does the doctor help Jack?
3. How does this book begin?
4. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
5. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
6. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
7. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
8. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
9. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
10. How does Daniel meet Leibniz?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)