|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
2. What was Newton experimenting with when Daniel came to him?
(b) Star alignments.
(c) Light and colors.
3. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
(a) Daniel's father.
(b) All of these.
4. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
5. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
2. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
3. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
4. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
5. The man in rags was from _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
2. How does this book begin?
3. Why is the Minerva attacked?
4. How did Eliza come to be in the place she met Jack?
5. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
6. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
7. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
8. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
9. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
10. How did Jack meet Eliza?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)