|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Gets their names.
(c) Hires them.
(d) Tortures them.
2. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
3. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
4. How long had London been burning when Daniel first saw it?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
5. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Singing with her mother.
(b) Learning to read.
(c) Burying her father.
(d) Walking on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
2. What did Daniel study in school?
3. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
4. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
5. What period is this book set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jack after his visit to Backboden?
2. What does Daniel say about England and war?
3. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
4. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
5. How does Daniel meet Tess?
6. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
7. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
8. What does Drake think of the London fire?
9. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
10. How did Jack meet Eliza?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)