|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) Not enough students returned.
(b) Lack of funding.
(c) The war.
(d) The Plague.
2. When did Jack meet Churchill?
(a) When he joined the Army.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) When his brother was knighted.
(d) When he was working at the prison.
3. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In prison.
(b) In politics.
(c) In a regiment.
(d) In a factory.
4. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
(a) Black servants.
(b) Prisoners of war.
(c) Escaped convicts.
(d) A harem.
5. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A bodyguard.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
2. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
4. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
5. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
2. What does Daniel say about England and war?
3. What does Eliza hope to sell at a fair?
4. Why does Daniel make a hole in a roof?
5. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
6. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
7. What job did Jack have at the prison?
8. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
9. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
10. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)