|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
(a) An emu.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A pheasant.
2. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
4. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Daniel Waterhouse.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Ben Franklin.
5. How long did it take Daniel to make the hole at a college?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 month,
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
2. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
3. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
4. Who starts a fire at Daniel's house?
5. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Minerva attacked?
2. How did Jack meet Eliza?
3. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
4. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
5. What happens when Trinity re-opens after the first closure?
6. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
7. What does Daniel say about England and war?
8. What happens to Jack after his visit to Backboden?
9. How does the doctor help Jack?
10. What job did Jack have at the prison?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)