|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Walking on the beach.
(b) Burying her father.
(c) Singing with her mother.
(d) Learning to read.
2. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A drink.
(b) His book.
(c) A hat.
(d) Some notes.
3. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
4. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(d) Clean blood.
5. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
2. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
3. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
4. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
5. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel meet Tess?
2. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
3. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
4. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
5. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
6. What does Drake think of the London fire?
7. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
8. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
9. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
10. Why is the Minerva attacked?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)