|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
2. What did Jack do for the man in rags?
(a) Made him dinner.
(b) Let him ride the horse.
(c) Gave him medicine.
(d) Gave him clothes.
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(d) New York.
4. Whom does Wilkins ask to carry on his work?
5. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
2. How did Daniel meet Tess?
3. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
4. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
5. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel get a new guard while in prison?
2. Why is Rossignol so worried about Eliza's actions?
3. How is the telling of Monmouth's death different from the rest of the book?
4. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
5. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
6. What part does Rossignol have in Eliza's child's birth?
7. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
8. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
9. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
10. What medical problem does Daniel have at the end of the book?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)