|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man in rags was from _________.
2. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Reuniting two researches.
(b) Building a college.
(c) Teaching her children.
(d) Finding her husband.
3. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) The Plague.
(b) A scandal.
(c) The War.
(d) A lack of funding.
4. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Tortures them.
(c) Hires them.
(d) Gets their names.
5. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
2. When did Jack meet Churchill?
3. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
4. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
5. What is van Hoek's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel meet Tess?
2. What job did Jack have at the prison?
3. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
4. What happened to make Daniel upset with Hooke's experiments?
5. Why did Daniel think he got the best education possible at Cambridge?
6. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
7. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
8. What does Oldenburg tell Daniel while he is in prison?
9. How did Jack meet Eliza?
10. How does this book begin?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)