Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Americans.
(b) The French,
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Germans.
2. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
(a) She saw his weapon.
(b) She didn't trust strange men.
(c) She thought she recognized him.
(d) She was afraid of the Plague.
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(d) New York.
5. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks Jack into buying shares in a mine?
2. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
3. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
4. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
5. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza send reports to William about?
2. Why does Daniel leave his family and go to London?
3. Why is Eliza hesitant to write personal details about herself to Leibniz?
4. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
6. What kind of life does Eliza tell dAvaux she wants for herself?
7. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
8. What frightens Jack in Backboden?
9. Who is St. George?
10. What happens between Eliza and d'Arcachon?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)