|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
(b) All of these.
2. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(a) Clean blood.
3. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His fork.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His biscuit.
(d) His teeth.
4. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
(b) His father died of it.
(c) He was sickly.
(d) It brought death.
5. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
(a) His pain.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His illness.
(d) His pain medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
2. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
3. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
4. What did Daniel study in school?
5. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel meet Leibniz?
2. How does Daniel meet Tess?
3. What does Daniel see is his role when the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
4. What does Drake think of the London fire?
5. How does this book begin?
6. What news does the Earl of Epsom bring Daniel?
7. What did the Duke of York want to talk to Daniel about?
8. How is Leibniz's mine different from other mines?
9. What does Daniel say about England and war?
10. How does the doctor help Jack?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)