|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A noblewoman.
(b) A man.
(c) A coutier.
(d) A maid.
2. What did Jack do for the man in rags?
(a) Gave him clothes.
(b) Let him ride the horse.
(c) Gave him medicine.
(d) Made him dinner.
3. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Theater.
(b) The Black Room.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The London Bridge.
4. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A drink.
(b) His book.
(c) Some notes.
(d) A hat.
5. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
(a) A pheasant.
(b) A peacock.
(c) An ostrich.
(d) An emu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's father?
2. What is the Minerva?
3. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
4. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
5. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Eliza on her trip to Varseilles?
2. What does Drake think of the London fire?
3. What does Boyle say after Wilkins's death that upsets Daniel?
4. Why are Bob and Dick sent to visit Daniel in prison?
5. What rumor does dAvaux spread that causes Eliza trouble while being a governess?
6. What does Daniel say about England and war?
7. Why is the Minerva attacked?
8. How does Daniel describe the beginning of his friendship with Newton?
9. Why is Eliza going to Varseilles?
10. What part does Rossignol have in Eliza's child's birth?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)