|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The House Speaker.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prime Minister.
2. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A man.
(c) A noblewoman.
(d) A coutier.
3. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Kills them.
(b) Hires them.
(c) Gets their names.
(d) Tortures them.
4. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The street.
(b) The lobby.
(c) The garden.
(d) The square.
5. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Teaching her children.
(b) Building a college.
(c) Reuniting two researches.
(d) Finding her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
4. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
5. What did Daniel's father own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Newton build on a wall in Cambridge?
2. What part does Rossignol have in Eliza's child's birth?
3. Why has Bob come to ask Eliza for help?
4. Why did Daniel begin studying Natural Philosophy?
5. How does this book begin?
6. How does Daniel help Van Hoek in Cape Cod Bay?
7. What does Newton think Solomon knew, and why?
8. What does Drake think of the London fire?
9. What advice does John Churchill give Jack after he is stabbed?
10. What does Daniel say about England and war?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)