|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(b) College professor.
(c) Prime Minister.
2. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She was hiding from someone.
(c) She fell while riding.
(d) She had syphilis.
3. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) He works with the King.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) The Royal Society meets there.
4. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
5. What job does Jack take in Paris?
(a) Hit man.
(c) Delivery man.
6. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants to hire him.
(c) She wants to support him.
(d) She wants to teach him.
7. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A slave gallery.
(b) A butcher house.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
8. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Speaking plainly.
(b) Teaching him.
(c) Being humble.
(d) Not fearing the truth.
9. How is Lisolette related to the King?
(a) She is his god daughter.
(b) She is his niece.
(c) She is his sister-in-law.
(d) She is his cousin.
10. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To take care of his horse.
(b) To protect the other prisoners.
(c) To send a message to his father.
(d) To not tell about their prior connection.
11. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A cape.
(c) A hat.
12. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) The races.
(b) A trading day.
(c) A garden party.
(d) The French court.
13. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Pay a fee.
(b) Show his ID.
(c) Give a testimony.
(d) Speak in French.
14. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
15. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
(a) He couldn't read.
(b) He had a bastard son.
(c) He had syphilis.
(d) He was impotent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
2. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
3. Where does Genoese live?
4. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
5. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)