|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
(a) Newton had a breakthrough.
(b) The voting has commenced.
(c) Charles is dying.
(d) The Puritans want to revolt.
2. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His brother.
(b) His slave.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
3. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The prince is sick.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) The King is single.
(d) The princess needs company.
4. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
(a) He had a bastard son.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) He couldn't read.
(d) He had syphilis.
5. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) The lights.
(b) All of these.
(c) The music coming from it.
(d) The traffic in and out of it.
6. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
(a) She supposedly has noble blood.
(b) He owed her a favor.
(c) She paid the pennance price.
(d) She was very beautiful.
7. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
8. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A stable.
(c) A church.
(d) The apartment.
9. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
(a) The buildings.
(b) The clothing.
(c) The streets.
(d) The language.
10. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He is going to a ball.
(b) He buys the land near it.
(c) He wanted to help.
(d) He is at a meeting.
11. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A guard.
12. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
13. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
(a) She showed them his letter.
(b) She had a bank statement with her.
(c) She flirted with the guards.
(d) She couldn't read the writing.
14. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The Sandwhich Islands.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) The Philippines.
15. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A trading day.
(c) The races.
(d) The French court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
2. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
3. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
4. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
5. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)