|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) He works with the King.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) The Royal Society meets there.
2. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to hire him.
(b) She wants to teach him.
(c) She wants to support him.
(d) She wants to marry him.
3. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
4. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Sneak him into a market.
(b) Hire him.
(c) Take his horse with his lot.
(d) Give him false ID.
5. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
(a) The buildings.
(b) The clothing.
(c) The streets.
(d) The language.
6. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(b) Proof of the infiltration.
(c) A friend in a low place.
(d) Something to live for.
7. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Phone calls.
(c) Through letters.
(d) Personal meetings.
8. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) The King is single.
(c) The princess needs company.
(d) The prince is sick.
9. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To send a message to his father.
(b) To protect the other prisoners.
(c) To not tell about their prior connection.
(d) To take care of his horse.
10. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
(a) Some fine clothing.
(b) A coppice.
(c) The fourth floor of a building.
(d) A horse and carriage.
11. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Being humble.
(b) Speaking plainly.
(c) Teaching him.
(d) Not fearing the truth.
12. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) The castle.
(b) A tavern.
(c) The beach.
(d) A shop.
13. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
14. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
(a) He had a bastard son.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) He had syphilis.
(d) He couldn't read.
15. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) College professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
2. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
3. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
4. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
5. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)