|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He misses Eliza.
(c) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(d) It is too cold.
2. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
(a) VOC stock.
(b) VIC stock.
(c) VAC stock.
(d) VEC stock.
3. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
(a) The language.
(b) The trade of commodities.
(d) Political connections.
4. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
(a) English parade riding.
(b) Country jump riding.
(c) Bareback riding.
(d) Side saddle riding.
5. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Take his horse with his lot.
(b) Give him false ID.
(c) Sneak him into a market.
(d) Hire him.
6. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
7. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) The beach.
(b) A tavern.
(c) The castle.
(d) A shop.
8. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The streets.
(c) The language.
(d) The buildings.
9. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
10. What is Comstock's first name?
11. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
(a) She paid the pennance price.
(b) She supposedly has noble blood.
(c) She was very beautiful.
(d) He owed her a favor.
12. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
(d) Pagan worshippers.
13. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
14. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) The music coming from it.
(b) The traffic in and out of it.
(c) The lights.
(d) All of these.
15. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
2. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
3. How long has Daniel known James?
4. What is Genoese's occupation?
5. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)