|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
2. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(a) Proof of the infiltration.
(c) A friend in a low place.
(d) Something to live for.
3. What news does Genoese give Jack?
(a) His mother died.
(b) Eliza moved away.
(c) His brother is in prison.
(d) The King is dead.
4. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
5. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
6. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
7. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
(a) The voting has commenced.
(b) Newton had a breakthrough.
(c) Charles is dying.
(d) The Puritans want to revolt.
8. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) She likes it.
(b) It keeps her humble.
(c) It is awkward.
(d) She takes pride in it.
9. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The Sandwhich Islands.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) The English Channel.
10. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) The traffic in and out of it.
(b) All of these.
(c) The music coming from it.
(d) The lights.
11. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
(a) The King.
12. What is Comstock's first name?
13. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
(a) He has responsibilities at home.
(b) He hates ships.
(c) His wife refuses to go.
(d) He has not given up on England.
14. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) A tavern.
(b) The castle.
(c) A shop.
(d) The beach.
15. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A town.
(b) A mine.
(c) A prison.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
2. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
3. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
4. What is Genoese's occupation?
5. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)