|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Genoese live?
2. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to teach him.
(b) She wants to support him.
(c) She wants to hire him.
(d) She wants to marry him.
3. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
4. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Pay a fee.
(b) Give a testimony.
(c) Show his ID.
(d) Speak in French.
5. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Hire him.
(b) Sneak him into a market.
(c) Take his horse with his lot.
(d) Give him false ID.
6. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
7. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
(c) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(d) She will lose her high station.
8. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
9. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She was hiding from someone.
(d) She fell while riding.
10. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A mine.
(b) A prison.
(c) A church.
(d) A town.
11. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
12. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Speaking plainly.
(b) Being humble.
(c) Not fearing the truth.
(d) Teaching him.
13. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
14. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(b) Phone calls.
(c) Through letters.
(d) Personal meetings.
15. What does Eliza think when she first sees Jack after their long separation?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is hallucinating.
(c) She is finally being blessed.
(d) She is seeing a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
2. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
3. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
4. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
5. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)