|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Comstock's first name?
2. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The Philippines.
(b) The Sandwhich Islands.
(c) The English Channel.
3. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
(a) She is a trader.
(b) She is a maid.
(c) She is a governess.
(d) She is a harlot.
4. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A guard.
5. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Show his ID.
(b) Speak in French.
(c) Give a testimony.
(d) Pay a fee.
6. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) The Royal Society meets there.
(c) He works with the King.
(d) He is a spy.
7. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To protect the other prisoners.
(b) To send a message to his father.
(c) To take care of his horse.
(d) To not tell about their prior connection.
8. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
9. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A slave gallery.
(c) A prison.
(d) A butcher house.
10. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Teaching him.
(b) Not fearing the truth.
(c) Speaking plainly.
(d) Being humble.
11. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The prince is sick.
(b) The King is single.
(c) The princess needs company.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
12. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) A tavern.
(b) The castle.
(c) The beach.
(d) A shop.
13. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
(a) She writes them on pieces of trash.
(b) She cross stitches them.
(c) She bakes them in cakes.
(d) She writes coded letters.
14. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Cambridge Board.
15. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
(a) Flirts with other men.
(b) Buys fine clothing.
(c) Gets arrested.
(d) Fights another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
2. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
3. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
4. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
5. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)