|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A stable.
(c) A church.
(d) The apartment.
2. What secret did Daniel keep for James?
(a) He had a bastard son.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) He couldn't read.
(d) He had syphilis.
3. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
4. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) The Royal Society meets there.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) Newton works there.
(d) He works with the King.
5. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(b) Some money.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
6. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
(a) A hut.
(b) A castle.
(c) A fort.
(d) A hotel.
7. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
(c) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(d) She will lose her high station.
8. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
(a) Buys fine clothing.
(b) Flirts with other men.
(c) Fights another woman.
(d) Gets arrested.
9. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Hand.
(b) Mr. Nose.
(c) Mr. Foot.
(d) Mr. Chest.
10. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A raise in taxes.
(b) A secret ballot vote.
(c) An assassination plan.
(d) A kidnapping scheme.
11. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He buys the land near it.
(b) He is at a meeting.
(c) He wanted to help.
(d) He is going to a ball.
12. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
13. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
(c) Pagan worshippers.
14. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
15. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) The beach.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A shop.
(d) The castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
2. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
3. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
4. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
5. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)