|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
(a) He has not given up on England.
(b) His wife refuses to go.
(c) He hates ships.
(d) He has responsibilities at home.
2. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(b) Prime Minister.
(d) College professor.
3. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to hire him.
(b) She wants to support him.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She wants to teach him.
4. Who are chasing the people Jack finds in the woods?
(a) Witch hunters.
(b) Debt collectors.
(c) Towns folk.
5. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) A garden party.
(b) The races.
(c) A trading day.
(d) The French court.
6. How are James and Charles related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) James is Charles's nephew.
7. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He has her followed.
(b) He bribes servants.
(c) He follows her himself.
(d) He puts a tracker on her horse.
8. How is Lisolette related to the King?
(a) She is his niece.
(b) She is his god daughter.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his sister-in-law.
9. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(a) A ring.
(b) Some money.
(d) A letter.
10. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
11. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
12. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She fell while riding.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She was hiding from someone.
13. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Cambridge Board.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Royal Society.
14. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) The beach.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A shop.
(d) The castle.
15. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A guard.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
2. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
3. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
4. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)