|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Hire him.
(b) Take his horse with his lot.
(c) Sneak him into a market.
(d) Give him false ID.
2. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A slave gallery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A butcher house.
(d) A prison.
3. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His slave.
(d) His father.
4. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) William Penn.
(c) John Smith.
(d) Ben Franklin.
5. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
(b) It is too dangerous.
(c) She will lose her high station.
(d) She is no more important than the other slaves.
6. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) He works with the King.
(b) Newton works there.
(c) The Royal Society meets there.
(d) He is a spy.
7. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
(b) The King.
8. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
9. Who are chasing the people Jack finds in the woods?
(b) Towns folk.
(c) Debt collectors.
(d) Witch hunters.
10. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
11. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
12. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(a) College professor.
(d) Prime Minister.
13. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
(a) Fights another woman.
(b) Buys fine clothing.
(c) Flirts with other men.
(d) Gets arrested.
14. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Nose.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Chest.
(d) Mr. Foot.
15. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
2. How is Lisolette related to the King?
3. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
4. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
5. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)