|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
2. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He follows her himself.
(b) He has her followed.
(c) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(d) He bribes servants.
3. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
4. What news does Genoese give Jack?
(a) The King is dead.
(b) His brother is in prison.
(c) Eliza moved away.
(d) His mother died.
5. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
(a) Country jump riding.
(b) Bareback riding.
(c) English parade riding.
(d) Side saddle riding.
6. Who told Bob to ask Eliza for help with his beloved?
7. Where does Genoese live?
8. What is Jack imprisoned in?
(a) A church.
(b) A cage.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A barn.
9. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) She will lose her high station.
(c) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(d) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
10. What is Rossignol's job?
11. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(b) The Philippines.
(c) The Sandwhich Islands.
(d) The English Channel.
12. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to support him.
(b) She wants to hire him.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) She wants to teach him.
13. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Nose.
(b) Mr. Foot.
(c) Mr. Hand.
(d) Mr. Chest.
15. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Give a testimony.
(b) Pay a fee.
(c) Speak in French.
(d) Show his ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
2. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
3. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
4. James thanks Daniel for __________.
5. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)