|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A slave gallery.
(b) A butcher house.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
2. What is Rossignol's job?
3. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
4. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A raise in taxes.
(b) A secret ballot vote.
(c) A kidnapping scheme.
(d) An assassination plan.
5. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
(a) VOC stock.
(b) VAC stock.
(c) VEC stock.
(d) VIC stock.
6. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) William Penn.
7. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(a) The children she used to teach.
(b) Her walks in the park.
(d) Versailles Society.
8. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to teach him.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She wants to hire him.
(d) She wants to support him.
9. What job does Jack take in Paris?
(b) Delivery man.
(d) Hit man.
10. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He follows her himself.
(b) He bribes servants.
(c) He has her followed.
(d) He puts a tracker on her horse.
11. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
12. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
(a) She cross stitches them.
(b) She writes them on pieces of trash.
(c) She bakes them in cakes.
(d) She writes coded letters.
13. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) He misses Eliza.
(b) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(c) He has no money.
(d) It is too cold.
14. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Chest.
(b) Mr. Nose.
(c) Mr. Foot.
(d) Mr. Hand.
15. What is Comstock's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
2. How are James and Charles related?
3. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
4. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
5. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)