|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Genoese's occupation?
(a) Candle stick maker.
2. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The Cambridge Board.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Puritans.
3. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) The Royal Society meets there.
(c) Newton works there.
(d) He works with the King.
4. How did Eliza prove her innocence when dAvaux's hidden items were found in her things?
(a) She showed them his letter.
(b) She couldn't read the writing.
(c) She flirted with the guards.
(d) She had a bank statement with her.
5. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Personal meetings.
(c) Through letters.
6. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) She takes pride in it.
(b) It is awkward.
(c) She likes it.
(d) It keeps her humble.
7. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
(b) Pagan worshippers.
8. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
(a) Fights another woman.
(b) Flirts with other men.
(c) Gets arrested.
(d) Buys fine clothing.
9. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Hire him.
(b) Take his horse with his lot.
(c) Give him false ID.
(d) Sneak him into a market.
10. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A slave gallery.
(c) A butcher house.
(d) A prison.
11. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He bribes servants.
(b) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(c) He has her followed.
(d) He follows her himself.
12. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
13. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A shop.
(c) The castle.
(d) The beach.
14. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(a) A letter.
(c) Some money.
(d) A ring.
15. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A raise in taxes.
(b) A kidnapping scheme.
(c) An assassination plan.
(d) A secret ballot vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are chasing the people Jack finds in the woods?
2. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
3. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
4. What is Rossignol's job?
5. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)