|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) He works with the King.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) The Royal Society meets there.
2. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She takes pride in it.
(c) It is awkward.
(d) It keeps her humble.
3. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
4. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(b) He bribes servants.
(c) He follows her himself.
(d) He has her followed.
5. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Cambridge Board.
(d) The Royal Society.
6. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
(a) She was very beautiful.
(b) She paid the pennance price.
(c) She supposedly has noble blood.
(d) He owed her a favor.
7. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
8. What job does Jack take in Paris?
(a) Delivery man.
(b) Hit man.
9. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(b) She will lose her high station.
(c) It is too dangerous.
(d) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
10. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
(a) Some fine clothing.
(b) A horse and carriage.
(c) The fourth floor of a building.
(d) A coppice.
11. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(a) Versailles Society.
(b) The children she used to teach.
(c) Her walks in the park.
12. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Personal meetings.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Through letters.
13. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was pregnant.
(c) She fell while riding.
(d) She was hiding from someone.
14. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Show his ID.
(b) Give a testimony.
(c) Pay a fee.
(d) Speak in French.
15. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The Queen is pregnant.
(b) The prince is sick.
(c) The King is single.
(d) The princess needs company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
2. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
3. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
4. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
5. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)