|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Through letters.
(b) Personal meetings.
(d) Phone calls.
2. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(b) Versailles Society.
(c) The children she used to teach.
(d) Her walks in the park.
3. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The English Channel.
(c) The Sandwhich Islands.
(d) The Philippines.
4. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A mine.
(b) A church.
(c) A prison.
(d) A town.
5. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
6. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
(a) A hut.
(b) A castle.
(c) A fort.
(d) A hotel.
7. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(b) A friend in a low place.
(c) Proof of the infiltration.
(d) Something to live for.
8. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A guard.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A salesman.
9. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
10. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A raise in taxes.
(b) A kidnapping scheme.
(c) An assassination plan.
(d) A secret ballot vote.
11. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The princess needs company.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) The King is single.
(d) The prince is sick.
12. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
(a) He has not given up on England.
(b) His wife refuses to go.
(c) He has responsibilities at home.
(d) He hates ships.
13. What is Genoese's occupation?
(c) Candle stick maker.
14. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
(a) She was hiding from someone.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She fell while riding.
(d) She was pregnant.
15. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
(a) The streets.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The language.
(d) The clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
2. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
3. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
4. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
5. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)