|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(d) The Duke on Monmouth.
2. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Being humble.
(b) Teaching him.
(c) Not fearing the truth.
(d) Speaking plainly.
3. What is Rossignol's job?
4. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
5. Where does the tunnel that Jack finds in the woods lead?
(a) A mine.
(b) A church.
(c) A prison.
(d) A town.
6. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
7. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The English Channel.
(c) The Philippines.
(d) The Sandwhich Islands.
8. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
9. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He has her followed.
(b) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(c) He bribes servants.
(d) He follows her himself.
10. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A prison.
(c) A butcher house.
(d) A slave gallery.
11. How are James and Charles related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) James is Charles's nephew.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
12. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His slave.
13. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
14. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
(a) Newton had a breakthrough.
(b) Charles is dying.
(c) The voting has commenced.
(d) The Puritans want to revolt.
15. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) A garden party.
(b) The races.
(c) The French court.
(d) A trading day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
2. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
3. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
4. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
5. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)