|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack imprisoned in?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A cage.
(c) A barn.
(d) A church.
2. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He is going to a ball.
(b) He buys the land near it.
(c) He is at a meeting.
(d) He wanted to help.
3. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
4. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
5. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) John Smith.
(b) William Penn.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Paine.
6. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
(a) A harpoon.
(b) A dagger.
(d) A gun.
7. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
8. Whom does Jack bribe in Paris?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A guard.
(d) A salesman.
9. What is Comstock's first name?
10. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) The castle.
(b) A tavern.
(c) The beach.
(d) A shop.
11. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(b) He misses Eliza.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) He has no money.
12. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
(a) VEC stock.
(b) VIC stock.
(c) VAC stock.
(d) VOC stock.
13. Comstock says Daniel should maintain good relations with ________.
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The church leaders.
(c) The board of Cambridge.
(d) The next king.
14. How are James and Charles related?
(a) James is Charles's nephew.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are half-brothers.
15. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Take his horse with his lot.
(b) Sneak him into a market.
(c) Give him false ID.
(d) Hire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
2. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
3. Where does Jack find Arlanc?
4. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
5. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)