|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
(a) Country jump riding.
(b) English parade riding.
(c) Side saddle riding.
(d) Bareback riding.
2. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
3. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
4. What is Genoese's occupation?
(d) Candle stick maker.
5. How are James and Charles related?
(a) James is Charles's nephew.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
6. What is Jack imprisoned in?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A cage.
(c) A barn.
(d) A church.
7. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
(a) Charles is dying.
(b) Newton had a breakthrough.
(c) The Puritans want to revolt.
(d) The voting has commenced.
8. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A whip.
9. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
10. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) A garden party.
(b) A trading day.
(c) The French court.
(d) The races.
11. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Show his ID.
(b) Pay a fee.
(c) Give a testimony.
(d) Speak in French.
12. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
(a) Something to live for.
(b) Proof of the infiltration.
(d) A friend in a low place.
13. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
14. How does dAvaux find out where Eliza has gone when she spends time with Lisolette?
(a) He puts a tracker on her horse.
(b) He bribes servants.
(c) He has her followed.
(d) He follows her himself.
15. Where does Genoese live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
2. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
3. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
4. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
5. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)