|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(b) College professor.
(d) Prime Minister.
2. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
3. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) William Penn.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) John Smith.
4. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Cambridge Board.
5. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
6. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
7. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The King is single.
(b) The prince is sick.
(c) The princess needs company.
(d) The Queen is pregnant.
8. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Show his ID.
(b) Give a testimony.
(c) Pay a fee.
(d) Speak in French.
9. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) It is awkward.
(b) She likes it.
(c) It keeps her humble.
(d) She takes pride in it.
10. Where does Genoese live?
11. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants to teach him.
(c) She wants to support him.
(d) She wants to hire him.
12. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) He misses Eliza.
(b) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(c) He has no money.
(d) It is too cold.
13. Who are chasing the people Jack finds in the woods?
(a) Towns folk.
(c) Debt collectors.
(d) Witch hunters.
14. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) Newton works there.
(b) He works with the King.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) The Royal Society meets there.
15. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To not tell about their prior connection.
(b) To send a message to his father.
(c) To protect the other prisoners.
(d) To take care of his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack think is peculiar about Amsterdam?
2. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
3. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
4. What is Comstock's first name?
5. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)