|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
(a) The Puritans want to revolt.
(b) Newton had a breakthrough.
(c) Charles is dying.
(d) The voting has commenced.
3. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Cambridge Board.
4. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
(a) The language.
(b) The trade of commodities.
(d) Political connections.
5. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
(a) She is a harlot.
(b) She is a governess.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is a trader.
6. What does Jack have to do to avoid being arrested in Paris?
(a) Show his ID.
(b) Speak in French.
(c) Give a testimony.
(d) Pay a fee.
7. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(a) Her walks in the park.
(b) The children she used to teach.
(c) Versailles Society.
8. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) She will lose her high station.
(b) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(c) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
(d) It is too dangerous.
9. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A whip.
(c) A sword.
(d) A pistol.
10. What is Comstock's first name?
11. Where does Genoese live?
12. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants to teach him.
(c) She wants to support him.
(d) She wants to hire him.
13. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
14. Why does John visit the place where Jack is imprisoned?
(a) He wanted to help.
(b) He buys the land near it.
(c) He is going to a ball.
(d) He is at a meeting.
15. How is Lisolette related to the King?
(a) She is his niece.
(b) She is his sister-in-law.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his god daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel say he doesn't want to move to America?
2. What injury does the duc d'Arcachon sustain?
3. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
4. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
5. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)