|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Jack get involved with when he gets back to Amsterdam?
2. James thanks Daniel for __________.
(a) Speaking plainly.
(b) Being humble.
(c) Not fearing the truth.
(d) Teaching him.
3. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Hire him.
(b) Take his horse with his lot.
(c) Give him false ID.
(d) Sneak him into a market.
4. What is the name of the girl Bob is in love with?
5. What is Genoese's occupation?
(c) Candle stick maker.
6. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
7. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Personal meetings.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Through letters.
8. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
9. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Chest.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Nose.
(d) Mr. Foot.
10. How does Eliza feel about her status as a commoner?
(a) She takes pride in it.
(b) It is awkward.
(c) She likes it.
(d) It keeps her humble.
11. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To send a message to his father.
(b) To not tell about their prior connection.
(c) To protect the other prisoners.
(d) To take care of his horse.
12. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
(a) The Sandwhich Islands.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) The Philippines.
13. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
14. Whom does Jack find in the woods?
(a) Pagan worshippers.
15. What is Rossignol's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
2. What news does Daniel bring to James after talking to Comstock?
3. How long has Daniel known James?
4. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
5. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)