|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(a) A ring.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some money.
2. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
(a) Some fine clothing.
(b) A coppice.
(c) The fourth floor of a building.
(d) A horse and carriage.
3. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) He works with the King.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) Newton works there.
(d) The Royal Society meets there.
4. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
5. What stock in France does Eliza invest in?
(a) VIC stock.
(b) VOC stock.
(c) VAC stock.
(d) VEC stock.
6. Whom does Eliza blame when she is treated like a prostitute?
(b) The King.
7. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
8. Eliza tries to kill Jack with __________.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A harpoon.
(d) A gun.
9. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His brother.
(b) His slave.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His father.
10. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(c) The Duke on Monmouth.
11. Where does Eliza see Jack again after their long separation?
(a) A tavern.
(b) The castle.
(c) The beach.
(d) A shop.
12. How are James and Charles related?
(a) James is Charles's nephew.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
13. What is Comstock's first name?
14. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
15. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Sneak him into a market.
(b) Give him false ID.
(c) Take his horse with his lot.
(d) Hire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
2. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
3. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
4. What is Rossignol's job?
5. What kind of riding does Eliza hope to show Lisolette?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)