|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Eliza to speak to Lisolette?
(a) She was very beautiful.
(b) She supposedly has noble blood.
(c) She paid the pennance price.
(d) He owed her a favor.
2. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
(a) A cape.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
3. What job does Jack take in Paris?
(b) Hit man.
(d) Delivery man.
4. Why does Daniel spend so much time at Whitehall?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He works with the King.
(c) The Royal Society meets there.
(d) Newton works there.
5. Who did dAvaux think was helping Eliza correspond with William?
6. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
7. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
(a) A coppice.
(b) The fourth floor of a building.
(c) Some fine clothing.
(d) A horse and carriage.
8. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
9. How does Daniel ask to communicate with Eliza?
(a) Personal meetings.
(b) Through letters.
(d) Phone calls.
10. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
11. Who injures the duc d'Arcachon?
12. What does Eliza learn about in Amsterdam?
(a) Political connections.
(b) The language.
(d) The trade of commodities.
13. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Take his horse with his lot.
(b) Hire him.
(c) Sneak him into a market.
(d) Give him false ID.
14. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
(a) A fort.
(b) A castle.
(c) A hut.
(d) A hotel.
15. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
(a) She fell while riding.
(b) She had syphilis.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She was hiding from someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does the duc d'Arcachon sustain?
2. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
3. What is Jack imprisoned in?
4. What is Rossignol's job?
5. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)