|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John give Jack money for when he is imprisoned?
(a) To send a message to his father.
(b) To take care of his horse.
(c) To not tell about their prior connection.
(d) To protect the other prisoners.
2. Who has the idea to manipulate Mr. Sluys?
(b) The Duke on Monmouth.
3. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
4. Where does Eliza meet Upnor?
(a) A trading day.
(b) The races.
(c) The French court.
(d) A garden party.
5. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(b) Her walks in the park.
(c) Versailles Society.
(d) The children she used to teach.
6. What does Jack bribe a man in Paris to do?
(a) Sneak him into a market.
(b) Take his horse with his lot.
(c) Hire him.
(d) Give him false ID.
7. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
8. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A church.
(c) The apartment.
(d) A stable.
9. Why won't Eliza help free the girl Bob is in love with?
(a) The money she needs for that is in Amsterdam.
(b) She is no more important than the other slaves.
(c) She will lose her high station.
(d) It is too dangerous.
10. How long has Daniel known James?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. Whom does Daniel talk to about overseas possessions?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) John Smith.
(c) William Penn.
(d) Ben Franklin.
12. What does Daniel say a revolution does not have to include?
13. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
(a) Thomas Pain.
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) King James.
(d) William Penn.
14. Whom is King Louis supposed to look like on the stone gate?
15. What news does Genoese give Jack?
(a) Eliza moved away.
(b) His brother is in prison.
(c) The King is dead.
(d) His mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did dAvaux hide in Eliza's things?
2. What does William want Eliza to give Daniel?
3. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
4. How are James and Charles related?
5. What does Eliza do that enrages Jack in Amsterdam?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)