|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza rent in Amsterdam?
(a) Some fine clothing.
(b) A horse and carriage.
(c) A coppice.
(d) The fourth floor of a building.
2. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
(a) She is a governess.
(b) She is a trader.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is a harlot.
3. What kind of place does Eliza meet with William for several days after her stay in the convent?
(a) A hut.
(b) A fort.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A castle.
4. For what organization is Daniel a secretary?
(a) The Cambridge Board.
(b) The Puritans.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Church of England.
5. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Hand.
(b) Mr. Nose.
(c) Mr. Chest.
(d) Mr. Foot.
6. What attracts Jack to Amsterdam?
(a) All of these.
(b) The traffic in and out of it.
(c) The music coming from it.
(d) The lights.
7. Where does Eliza stay during the day in Amsterdam while Jack wanders?
(a) A stable.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) The apartment.
(d) A church.
8. Who helps Eliza get on a boat in Nijemegen?
9. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
10. Why does Jack get angry with Eliza when he returns to Amsterdam?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants to support him.
(c) She wants to hire him.
(d) She wants to teach him.
11. What does Fatio warn William about?
(a) A raise in taxes.
(b) An assassination plan.
(c) A kidnapping scheme.
(d) A secret ballot vote.
12. Why does Eliza say she spent time at a convent?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She fell while riding.
(c) She had syphilis.
(d) She was hiding from someone.
13. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
14. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
15. What job does Jack take in Paris?
(a) Hit man.
(d) Delivery man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is the Duke on Monmouth escorting when he meets Eliza?
2. What clothing does Jack steal when he escapes his imprisonment?
3. What season does Jack wander through Paris?
4. What news does Genoese give Jack?
5. Where did the Dutch find large amounts of cowrie shells?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)