|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does John give Jack when he is imprisoned?
(a) A whip.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A pistol.
2. Who is the real Countess de Zeur?
3. What does d'Arcachon leave Eliza when he departs?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some money.
(c) A ring.
4. Who is with Jack when Eliza sees him again after their long separation?
(a) His father.
(b) His slave.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
5. What is Jack Ketch's occupation?
(b) Prime Minister.
(c) College professor.
6. Whom does Jack go into business with in Amsterdam?
(a) Mr. Chest.
(b) Mr. Nose.
(c) Mr. Hand.
(d) Mr. Foot.
7. Why does Rossignol think Eliza spent time in a convent?
(a) She had syphilis.
(b) She was hiding from someone.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She fell while riding.
8. What is Jack imprisoned in?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A cage.
(c) A barn.
(d) A church.
9. How does Eliza prove Bob's lack of faithfulness?
(a) She hires him.
(b) She sends a prostitute to him.
(c) She seduces him.
(d) She asks him about his beloved.
10. Who tells the King of Eliza's codes?
11. Why doesn't Jack go North after wandering through Paris?
(a) There is a warrant for his arrest..
(b) He has no money.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) He misses Eliza.
12. What does Eliza write about in her letters to Leibniz?
(b) The children she used to teach.
(c) Her walks in the park.
(d) Versailles Society.
13. Where does Jack want to sell the stolen horse?
14. How does Eliza make notes in an unsuspicious way?
(a) She cross stitches them.
(b) She writes them on pieces of trash.
(c) She writes coded letters.
(d) She bakes them in cakes.
15. Why does Eliza want to visit Whitehall?
(a) The King is single.
(b) The Queen is pregnant.
(c) The prince is sick.
(d) The princess needs company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Daniel should move to America?
2. What is Comstock's first name?
3. Whom does Eliza hope to use to get into Whitehall?
4. What work does Eliza do for M. le Comte de Beziers?
5. Where does Jack want to sell the ostrich feathers?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)