|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
(a) He abhorred it.
(b) He was confused by it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He was annoyed by it.
2. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
3. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(c) Inn keeper.
(d) Black smith.
4. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Feeding prisoners.
(c) Helping prisoners escape.
(d) Making hangings shorter.
5. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Germans.
(b) The French,
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Turks.
6. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
(a) He knew Jesus would judge him.
(b) He was too sick.
(c) He was afraid.
(d) His father believed in pacifism.
7. What did Daniel's father own?
(a) A lake.
(b) An inn.
(c) A farm.
(d) A boat.
8. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(c) Clean blood.
9. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) The theater.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A chapel.
10. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Daniel Waterhouse.
11. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) He was sickly.
(b) His father died of it.
(c) It brought death.
(d) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
12. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
13. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
14. What did Daniel see a play about at Cambridge?
(a) King Henry VIII's life.
(b) Courtly intrigue.
(c) The war.
(d) Politicians who are corrupted.
15. What period is this book set in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
2. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
3. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
4. Who did experiments with gunpowder?
5. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)