|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) Not enough students returned.
(b) The war.
(c) The Plague.
(d) Lack of funding.
2. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
(b) It brought death.
(c) His father died of it.
(d) He was sickly.
3. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The square.
(b) The lobby.
(c) The garden.
(d) The street.
4. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
5. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
6. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
7. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Gave blood transfusions.
(c) Collected fleas from them.
(d) Bred them.
8. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
(a) She was afraid of the Plague.
(b) She thought she recognized him.
(c) She didn't trust strange men.
(d) She saw his weapon.
9. What period is this book set in?
10. What is the name of Daniel's father?
11. How long did it take Daniel to make the hole at a college?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 month,
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
12. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
13. What did Daniel's father own?
(a) A boat.
(b) A lake.
(c) An inn.
(d) A farm.
14. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Learning to read.
(b) Burying her father.
(c) Singing with her mother.
(d) Walking on the beach.
15. What is the Minerva?
(a) A horse.
(b) A plane.
(c) A train.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
2. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
3. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
4. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
5. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)