|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tess's occupation?
2. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 3 dozen.
(b) 2 dozen.
(c) 4 dozen.
(d) 1 dozen.
3. The man in rags was from _________.
4. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
(a) Go to class.
(b) Write home.
(d) Do experiments.
5. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
6. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
(a) His poverty.
(b) His pain.
(c) His illness.
(d) His pain medication.
7. Whom does Wilkins ask to carry on his work?
8. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Gave blood transfusions.
(c) Collected fleas from them.
(d) Bred them.
9. What period is this book set in?
10. What did Daniel see a play about at Cambridge?
(a) Courtly intrigue.
(b) King Henry VIII's life.
(c) The war.
(d) Politicians who are corrupted.
11. When did Jack meet Churchill?
(a) When he was working at the prison.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) When he joined the Army.
(d) When his brother was knighted.
12. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) A chapel.
(b) The theater.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A carriage.
13. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
14. What is the Minerva attacked by?
15. How did Dick die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He got the Plague.
(d) He was hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
2. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
3. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
4. How did Daniel meet Tess?
5. What is the Minerva?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)