|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period is this book set in?
2. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(a) Clean blood.
3. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
4. How did Dick die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He got the Plague.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was shot.
5. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mistress.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
6. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Making hangings shorter.
(b) Helping prisoners escape.
(c) Feeding prisoners.
(d) Picking pockets.
7. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
8. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
9. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A drink.
(b) His book.
(c) Some notes.
(d) A hat.
10. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) A dancer's garb.
(b) The captain's coat.
(c) The master's robes.
(d) A dead man's turban.
11. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 4 dozen.
(b) 3 dozen.
(c) 1 dozen.
(d) 2 dozen.
12. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(c) New York.
13. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
14. What ocean is Daniel in when he escapes from Blackbeard?
15. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The new world.
(b) The apocalypse.
(c) The second coming.
(d) The industrial period.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
2. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
3. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
4. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
5. What is the Minerva?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)