|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
(a) His illness.
(b) His pain.
(c) His pain medication.
(d) His poverty.
2. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A man.
(c) A noblewoman.
(d) A coutier.
3. What did Daniel study in school?
(c) Natural Philosophy.
4. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) A scandal.
(b) A lack of funding.
(c) The Plague.
(d) The War.
5. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
(a) Write home.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Do experiments.
6. Whom does Wilkins ask to carry on his work?
7. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) Drunken conversations.
(b) His experiments.
(c) Newton's ramblings.
(d) The Bible.
8. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
9. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
10. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The square.
(c) The garden.
(d) The street.
11. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) The master's robes.
(b) The captain's coat.
(c) A dancer's garb.
(d) A dead man's turban.
12. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Tortures them.
(b) Gets their names.
(c) Hires them.
(d) Kills them.
13. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Making hangings shorter.
(c) Feeding prisoners.
(d) Helping prisoners escape.
14. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Building a college.
(b) Finding her husband.
(c) Teaching her children.
(d) Reuniting two researches.
15. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Collected fleas from them.
(b) Gave blood transfusions.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Put them to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
2. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
3. Who starts a fire at Daniel's house?
4. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
5. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)