|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel study in school?
(d) Natural Philosophy.
2. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
3. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) The war.
(b) The Plague.
(c) Lack of funding.
(d) Not enough students returned.
4. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
5. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By religion.
(b) By fear.
(c) By tyranny.
(d) By democracy.
6. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their mistress.
7. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) The captain's coat.
(b) A dancer's garb.
(c) The master's robes.
(d) A dead man's turban.
8. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
9. Who talks Jack into buying shares in a mine?
10. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
11. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Bring in the crops.
(c) Do experiments.
(d) All of these.
12. What did Daniel see a play about at Cambridge?
(a) Courtly intrigue.
(b) The war.
(c) Politicians who are corrupted.
(d) King Henry VIII's life.
13. What is Tess's occupation?
14. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Hires them.
(b) Gets their names.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Tortures them.
15. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 4 dozen.
(b) 2 dozen.
(c) 1 dozen.
(d) 3 dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
2. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
3. What is the Minerva?
4. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
5. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)