|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
2. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) The War.
(b) A scandal.
(c) A lack of funding.
(d) The Plague.
3. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
(a) A view point.
(b) A sky light.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A tracking system.
4. What period is this book set in?
5. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Teaching her children.
(b) Reuniting two researches.
(c) Building a college.
(d) Finding her husband.
6. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(b) He saw it through a window.
(c) Rumors spread to him.
(d) He heard a dog scream.
7. Why does Daniel wait at the Square on London Bridge?
(a) To meet someone.
(b) To hide from someone.
(c) To take a break.
(d) To make some measurements.
8. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
9. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The garden.
(b) The street.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The square.
10. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A man.
(c) A coutier.
(d) A noblewoman.
11. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By democracy.
(b) By fear.
(c) By tyranny.
(d) By religion.
12. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
13. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
14. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A professor.
(d) A bodyguard.
15. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) His father died of it.
(b) He was sickly.
(c) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
(d) It brought death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel's father own?
2. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
3. How did Daniel meet Tess?
4. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
5. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)