|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
2. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) His father died of it.
(b) He was sickly.
(c) It brought death.
(d) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
3. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
4. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
(a) A pheasant.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An emu.
(d) A peacock.
5. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(a) Black smith.
(b) Inn keeper.
6. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their mistress.
7. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
8. Why is Oldenburg arrested?
(b) Foreign correspondance.
9. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) A lack of funding.
(b) The Plague.
(c) The War.
(d) A scandal.
10. What did Daniel study in school?
(b) Natural Philosophy.
11. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In a factory.
(b) In a regiment.
(c) In prison.
(d) In politics.
12. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A man.
(c) A coutier.
(d) A noblewoman.
13. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His biscuit.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His fork.
14. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) He saw it through a window.
(b) He heard a dog scream.
(c) Rumors spread to him.
(d) Hooke wrote to him about it.
15. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A hat.
(b) A drink.
(c) His book.
(d) Some notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Minerva?
2. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
3. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
4. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
5. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)