|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Oxford College.
(b) Gresham College.
(c) University of the Trinity.
(d) Cambridge University.
2. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A view point.
(c) A sky light.
(d) A tracking system.
3. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
4. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His fork.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His biscuit.
5. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Society.
(b) The London Bridge.
(c) The Royal Theater.
(d) The Black Room.
6. What is Tess's occupation?
7. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) Newton's ramblings.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His experiments.
(d) Drunken conversations.
8. What did Daniel's father own?
(a) A lake.
(b) A boat.
(c) A farm.
(d) An inn.
9. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
(a) He knew Jesus would judge him.
(b) He was too sick.
(c) His father believed in pacifism.
(d) He was afraid.
10. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She didn't pay her taxes.
(c) She cheated on her husband.
(d) She is a thief.
11. Who talks Jack into buying shares in a mine?
12. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) The Plague.
(b) The war.
(c) Lack of funding.
(d) Not enough students returned.
13. Who did experiments with gunpowder?
14. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Germans.
(b) The French,
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Americans.
15. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Feeding prisoners.
(c) Helping prisoners escape.
(d) Making hangings shorter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
2. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
3. What is the name of Daniel's father?
4. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
5. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)