Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Americans.
(b) The French,
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Germans.
2. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
(a) She saw his weapon.
(b) She didn't trust strange men.
(c) She thought she recognized him.
(d) She was afraid of the Plague.
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(d) New York.
5. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
6. Who talks Jack into buying shares in a mine?
7. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Helping prisoners escape.
(b) Making hangings shorter.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Feeding prisoners.
8. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) Drunken conversations.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Newton's ramblings.
(d) His experiments.
9. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Learning to read.
(b) Walking on the beach.
(c) Burying her father.
(d) Singing with her mother.
10. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
(a) A peacock.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) An emu.
(d) A pheasant.
11. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
12. How did Dick die?
(a) He was hung.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He got the Plague.
(d) He was shot.
13. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) A lack of funding.
(b) The War.
(c) The Plague.
(d) A scandal.
14. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In a regiment.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In prison.
(d) In politics.
15. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(c) Inn keeper.
(d) Black smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel wait at the Square on London Bridge?
2. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
3. What did Dick, Bob, and Jack get as their first job?
4. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
5. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)