|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Daniel's father?
2. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Oxford College.
(c) University of the Trinity.
(d) Gresham College.
3. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
4. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
5. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Collected fleas from them.
(c) Gave blood transfusions.
(d) Bred them.
6. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
(a) A harem.
(b) Escaped convicts.
(c) Black servants.
(d) Prisoners of war.
7. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The apocalypse.
(b) The new world.
(c) The second coming.
(d) The industrial period.
8. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Gets their names.
(b) Tortures them.
(c) Hires them.
(d) Kills them.
9. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
10. What is the Minerva attacked by?
11. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
12. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(b) He heard a dog scream.
(c) He saw it through a window.
(d) Rumors spread to him.
13. Why was Eliza afraid of the man in rags?
(a) She saw his weapon.
(b) She thought she recognized him.
(c) She was afraid of the Plague.
(d) She didn't trust strange men.
14. What is Tess's occupation?
15. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The House Speaker.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel wait at the Square on London Bridge?
2. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
3. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
4. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
5. How did Dick die?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)