|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel study in school?
(b) Natural Philosophy.
2. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their mistress.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their aunt.
3. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
4. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(c) Black smith.
(d) Inn keeper.
5. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
(b) Abandoned houses.
(d) Hot springs.
6. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She didn't pay her taxes.
(b) She cheated on her husband.
(c) She is a witch.
(d) She is a thief.
7. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A coutier.
(d) A man.
8. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Helping prisoners escape.
(c) Feeding prisoners.
(d) Making hangings shorter.
9. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Learning to read.
(b) Burying her father.
(c) Singing with her mother.
(d) Walking on the beach.
10. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
11. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The theater.
12. What did Dick, Bob, and Jack get as their first job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Working the ferry.
(c) Running the stage.
(d) Robbing boats.
13. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a regiment.
(c) In a factory.
(d) In politics.
14. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) He was sickly.
(b) His father died of it.
(c) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
(d) It brought death.
15. How long did it take Daniel to make the hole at a college?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month,
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
2. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
3. Who did experiments with gunpowder?
4. What is Tess's occupation?
5. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)