|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What period is this book set in?
2. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 1 dozen.
(b) 3 dozen.
(c) 2 dozen.
(d) 4 dozen.
3. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
4. What was Eliza doing when she was abducted?
(a) Singing with her mother.
(b) Learning to read.
(c) Burying her father.
(d) Walking on the beach.
5. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
6. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
7. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In politics.
(d) In a regiment.
8. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Collected fleas from them.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Gave blood transfusions.
9. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
10. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The apocalypse.
(b) The industrial period.
(c) The new world.
(d) The second coming.
11. What is the Minerva attacked by?
12. What ocean is Daniel in when he escapes from Blackbeard?
13. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Theater.
(b) The London Bridge.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Black Room.
14. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His fork.
(b) His biscuit.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His tongue.
15. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) The theater.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did experiments with gunpowder?
2. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
3. What is the Minerva?
4. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
5. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)