|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
(c) Abandoned houses.
(d) Hot springs.
2. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
(a) All of these.
3. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Oxford College.
(b) University of the Trinity.
(c) Gresham College.
(d) Cambridge University.
4. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The garden.
(b) The square.
(c) The street.
(d) The lobby.
5. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
6. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A drink.
(b) Some notes.
(c) A hat.
(d) His book.
7. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
(a) His father believed in pacifism.
(b) He was too sick.
(c) He was afraid.
(d) He knew Jesus would judge him.
8. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
(a) He abhorred it.
(b) He was annoyed by it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He was confused by it.
9. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
10. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) Rumors spread to him.
(b) He heard a dog scream.
(c) He saw it through a window.
(d) Hooke wrote to him about it.
11. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By tyranny.
(b) By fear.
(c) By religion.
(d) By democracy.
12. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Making hangings shorter.
(c) Feeding prisoners.
(d) Helping prisoners escape.
13. What does Daniel use to escape Blackbeard?
14. What kind of bird did Jack chase while in the Army?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) An emu.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A pheasant.
15. What ocean is Daniel in when he escapes from Blackbeard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
2. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
3. What is van Hoek's occupation?
4. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
5. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)