|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop did Newton have someone watching him in?
2. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
3. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
4. How did Daniel meet Tess?
(a) She was in the play.
(b) She asked about the hole.
(c) She was related to Newton.
(d) She sat next to him at the play.
5. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
6. What ocean is Daniel in when he escapes from Blackbeard?
7. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) A dancer's garb.
(b) The captain's coat.
(c) A dead man's turban.
(d) The master's robes.
8. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Gresham College.
(b) Oxford College.
(c) University of the Trinity.
(d) Cambridge University.
9. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The French,
10. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
(b) Hot springs.
(d) Abandoned houses.
11. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) He saw it through a window.
(b) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(c) Rumors spread to him.
(d) He heard a dog scream.
12. What is the Minerva?
(a) A plane.
(b) A horse.
(c) A ship.
(d) A train.
13. What was Newton experimenting with when Daniel came to him?
(c) Light and colors.
(d) Star alignments.
14. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Collected fleas from them.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Gave blood transfusions.
15. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She cheated on her husband.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She didn't pay her taxes.
(d) She is a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jack meet Churchill?
2. What is van Hoek's occupation?
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
4. Who starts a fire at Daniel's house?
5. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)