|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
2. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
(a) He was afraid.
(b) He was too sick.
(c) He knew Jesus would judge him.
(d) His father believed in pacifism.
3. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She didn't pay her taxes.
(c) She is a thief.
(d) She cheated on her husband.
4. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By tyranny.
(b) By religion.
(c) By fear.
(d) By democracy.
5. How did Dick die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He got the Plague.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was hung.
6. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) It brought death.
(b) He was sickly.
(c) His father died of it.
(d) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
7. What did Daniel see a play about at Cambridge?
(a) The war.
(b) Courtly intrigue.
(c) Politicians who are corrupted.
(d) King Henry VIII's life.
8. What was Eliza's profession?
9. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
10. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Daniel Waterhouse.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Thomas Edison.
11. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Helping prisoners escape.
(b) Making hangings shorter.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Feeding prisoners.
12. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Building a college.
(b) Reuniting two researches.
(c) Teaching her children.
(d) Finding her husband.
13. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
(a) His illness.
(b) His pain.
(c) His pain medication.
(d) His poverty.
14. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
15. Whom does Wilkins ask to carry on his work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dick, Bob, and Jack get as their first job?
2. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
3. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
4. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
5. What area did Wilkins make bad decisions in before his death?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)