|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Gave blood transfusions.
(b) Put them to sleep.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Collected fleas from them.
2. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
(a) Oxford College.
(b) Gresham College.
(c) University of the Trinity.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) The captain's coat.
(b) The master's robes.
(c) A dancer's garb.
(d) A dead man's turban.
4. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Reuniting two researches.
(b) Building a college.
(c) Teaching her children.
(d) Finding her husband.
5. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The French,
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Turks.
6. Who talks Jack into buying shares in a mine?
7. What is the Minerva?
(a) A plane.
(b) A horse.
(c) A train.
(d) A ship.
8. What period is this book set in?
9. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Daniel Waterhouse.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
10. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) His experiments.
(b) Newton's ramblings.
(c) Drunken conversations.
(d) The Bible.
11. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The King.
(d) The House Speaker.
12. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(a) Black smith.
(b) Inn keeper.
13. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The garden.
(b) The square.
(c) The street.
(d) The lobby.
14. Who did experiments with gunpowder?
15. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
2. Why did Daniel see a boy stabbed at college?
3. What does Jack name the horse he steals?
4. What is the Minerva attacked by?
5. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)