|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Minerva?
(a) A horse.
(b) A ship.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
2. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) The war.
(b) The Plague.
(c) Lack of funding.
(d) Not enough students returned.
3. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Put them to sleep.
(b) Bred them.
(c) Collected fleas from them.
(d) Gave blood transfusions.
4. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Theater.
(b) The Royal Society.
(c) The Black Room.
(d) The London Bridge.
5. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
(a) 1 dozen.
(b) 4 dozen.
(c) 3 dozen.
(d) 2 dozen.
6. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
7. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By religion.
(b) By fear.
(c) By tyranny.
(d) By democracy.
8. Where do Tess and Daniel first make love?
(a) The theater.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A chapel.
9. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The second coming.
(b) The new world.
(c) The apocalypse.
(d) The industrial period.
10. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
11. What does Jack dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A bodyguard.
(c) A professor.
(d) A nobleman.
12. What period is this book set in?
13. Why did Daniel fear the Plague so much?
(a) He was sickly.
(b) His father died of it.
(c) It brought death.
(d) It was a sign of the Apocalypse.
14. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
(a) All of these.
(c) Daniel's father.
15. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Daniel Waterhouse.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Thomas Edison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's occupation?
2. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
3. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
4. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
5. What was Eliza's profession?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)