|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of language did Wilkins want to create?
2. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) His experiments.
(b) Drunken conversations.
(c) Newton's ramblings.
(d) The Bible.
3. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
(a) Go to class.
(b) Do experiments.
(c) Write home.
4. What is the Minerva attacked by?
5. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
(a) His pain.
(b) His illness.
(c) His pain medication.
(d) His poverty.
6. The man in rags was from _________.
7. What did Daniel's father own?
(a) A lake.
(b) A farm.
(c) A boat.
(d) An inn.
8. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
9. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) The Plague.
(b) The War.
(c) A lack of funding.
(d) A scandal.
10. What did Eliza disguise herself in when she ran away with Jack?
(a) The captain's coat.
(b) A dead man's turban.
(c) The master's robes.
(d) A dancer's garb.
11. Who sent Dick, Bob and Jack to get work?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their mistress.
(d) Their mother.
12. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
13. What was Bob and Jack's second job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Helping prisoners escape.
(c) Feeding prisoners.
(d) Making hangings shorter.
14. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
15. Who signed the Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The King.
(c) The House Speaker.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was with Jack when he met Churchill?
2. When did Jack meet Churchill?
3. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
4. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
5. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)