|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
2. What is Tess's occupation?
3. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) The war.
(b) Not enough students returned.
(c) Lack of funding.
(d) The Plague.
4. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Building a college.
(b) Reuniting two researches.
(c) Finding her husband.
(d) Teaching her children.
5. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His fork.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His biscuit.
(d) His tongue.
6. How did Daniel feel about the play he saw at Cambridge?
(a) He was annoyed by it.
(b) He abhorred it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He was confused by it.
7. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(b) Black smith.
(c) Inn keeper.
8. What did Daniel's father own?
(a) A boat.
(b) A lake.
(c) A farm.
(d) An inn.
9. The man in rags was from _________.
10. How does Jeffreys think Daniel wants England to be run?
(a) By tyranny.
(b) By democracy.
(c) By religion.
(d) By fear.
11. When did Jack meet Churchill?
(a) When he joined the Army.
(b) When he was working at the prison.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) When his brother was knighted.
12. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
(b) Write home.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Do experiments.
13. How did Daniel meet Tess?
(a) She was related to Newton.
(b) She sat next to him at the play.
(c) She asked about the hole.
(d) She was in the play.
14. How long had London been burning when Daniel first saw it?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 1 week.
15. What did Daniel help Wilkins do while Cambridge was closed?
(a) Bring in the crops.
(b) Do experiments.
(c) Write a book.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
2. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
3. What is the Minerva attacked by?
4. What college did Daniel make a hole at?
5. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)