|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the debate over Wilkins autopsy held?
(a) The Royal Theater.
(b) The London Bridge.
(c) The Royal Society.
(d) The Black Room.
2. How did Dick die?
(a) He got the Plague.
(b) He was hung.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He drowned.
3. What does Daniel retrieve for Newton during the play?
(a) A drink.
(b) Some notes.
(c) His book.
(d) A hat.
4. What did Dick, Bob, and Jack get as their first job?
(a) Working the ferry.
(b) Robbing boats.
(c) Picking pockets.
(d) Running the stage.
5. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She is a thief.
(c) She cheated on her husband.
(d) She didn't pay her taxes.
6. Jack headed east to fight ___________.
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The French,
(d) The Turks.
7. What does Eliza dress up as when they go to Leipzig?
(a) A maid.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A man.
(d) A coutier.
8. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(b) Clean blood.
9. Who wants to autopsy Wilkins?
10. What did Daniel study in school?
(c) Natural Philosophy.
11. Where does Daniel run when Wilkins's death is discussed?
(a) The square.
(b) The garden.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The street.
12. Who is the leading dissenter when Declaration for Freedom of Conscience of all Dissenters is signed?
13. How long did it take Daniel to make the hole at a college?
(a) 1 month,
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
14. What period is this book set in?
15. Who did Daniel make the hole at a college for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Minerva?
2. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
3. How many wagons does Leibniz take to the Fair?
4. What did Daniel see a play about at Cambridge?
5. What is the name of Daniel's father?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)