|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The industrial period.
(b) The new world.
(c) The second coming.
(d) The apocalypse.
2. What was Newton experimenting with when Daniel came to him?
(b) Star alignments.
(c) Light and colors.
3. What is the name of Daniel's father?
4. What period is this book set in?
5. The man in rags was from _________.
6. Why does Trinity close a second time?
(a) Not enough students returned.
(b) The war.
(c) The Plague.
(d) Lack of funding.
7. During what month is the Minerva attacked?
8. Who was being executed in the camp that Jack ended up in after chasing a bird?
(a) A harem.
(b) Prisoners of war.
(c) Escaped convicts.
(d) Black servants.
9. How long did it take Daniel to make the hole at a college?
(a) 1 month,
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
10. What did Daniel say he learned most from at college?
(a) Drunken conversations.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His experiments.
(d) Newton's ramblings.
11. What test did Daniel have to pass to avoid being kicked out of college?
12. What kind of mines does Jack buy shares in?
13. Where did Churchill say Jack would be useful?
(a) In a regiment.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In politics.
(d) In prison.
14. What did Dick, Bob, and Jack get as their first job?
(a) Picking pockets.
(b) Running the stage.
(c) Working the ferry.
(d) Robbing boats.
15. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Tortures them.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Gets their names.
(d) Hires them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eliza when she was abducted?
2. Where did homeless people go to stay warm?
3. What affected Wilkins's judgement before his death?
4. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
5. What is van Hoek's occupation?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)