|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Quicksilver, pages 217-279.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel study in school?
(b) Natural Philosophy.
2. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Reuniting two researches.
(b) Finding her husband.
(c) Teaching her children.
(d) Building a college.
3. What did Hooke do with dogs while Wilkins was making his alphabet?
(a) Gave blood transfusions.
(b) Collected fleas from them.
(c) Bred them.
(d) Put them to sleep.
4. How did Daniel meet Tess?
(a) She sat next to him at the play.
(b) She was in the play.
(c) She asked about the hole.
(d) She was related to Newton.
5. How did the Duke of York find out about Hooke's experiments with dogs?
(a) He saw it through a window.
(b) He heard a dog scream.
(c) Hooke wrote to him about it.
(d) Rumors spread to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
2. What was the hole Daniel made used for?
3. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
4. Why did Daniel not seek vengeance for the boy who committed the stabbing at college?
5. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)