|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Quicksilver, pages 147-217.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Hoek do with the men he captures who attacked the Minerva?
(a) Hires them.
(b) Kills them.
(c) Tortures them.
(d) Gets their names.
2. What is the occupation of Edward Teach?
3. What caused Cambridge to be closed in 1665?
(a) A lack of funding.
(b) The War.
(c) A scandal.
(d) The Plague.
4. What was thought to be a cure for Syphilis?
(d) Clean blood.
5. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His fork.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His biscuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Daniel discuss with Newton on the way to the fair?
3. What did Daniel study in school?
4. Who saw the fire in London as a sign of the Apocalypse?
5. What did Daniel rarely do at college after meeting Newton?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)