Section 1: Quicksilver, pages 1-69
1. What period is this book set in?
2. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She didn't pay her taxes.
(c) She cheated on her husband.
(d) She is a thief.
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(c) New York.
4. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
5. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(a) Black smith.
(d) Inn keeper.
6. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Daniel Waterhouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Ben Franklin.
7. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His tongue.
(b) His biscuit.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His fork.
8. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Teaching her children.
(b) Building a college.
(c) Reuniting two researches.
(d) Finding her husband.
9. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The new world.
(b) The second coming.
(c) The industrial period.
(d) The apocalypse.
This section contains 3,289 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)