Section 1: Quicksilver, pages 1-69
1. What period is this book set in?
2. Why is the woman being hanged at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is a thief.
(b) She didn't pay her taxes.
(c) She is a witch.
(d) She cheated on her husband.
3. Where is the book set at the beginning?
(a) New York.
4. What are Enoch's saddle bags filled with at the beginning of the book?
5. What is van Hoek's occupation?
(a) Black smith.
(c) Inn keeper.
6. Who takes Enoch to the ferry?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Daniel Waterhouse.
7. What does Daniel nearly swallow when he sees Enoch?
(a) His tongue.
(b) His biscuit.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His fork.
8. Princess Caroline wants Daniel's help with _____________.
(a) Finding her husband.
(b) Reuniting two researches.
(c) Building a college.
(d) Teaching her children.
9. Daniel's father taught him to prepare for ____________.
(a) The industrial period.
(b) The new world.
(c) The second coming.
(d) The apocalypse.
This section contains 3,289 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)