|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At all costs, Irene does not want to
(a) Lose Felise as a friend.
(b) Offend Clare.
(c) Lose Brian.
(d) Walk in the snow.
2. Clare cries at the end of Chapter 4
(a) Because she plans to hurt the children.
(b) Because she is so happy to be there.
(c) Because she knows she is leaving.
(d) For reasons we do not yet know.
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
(a) She is trying to divert Brian's attention.
(b) She is being suggestive.
(c) She hopes it will spark some life in his eyes.
(d) She wants to punish Brian.
4. Helga marries Pleasant Green and moves to
5. Whrn speaking with Hugh Wentworth at the dance, Irene
(a) Does not tell him Clare is black.
(b) Discloses all she knows about Clare.
(c) Complains about Brian.
(d) Is embarrassed about bringing Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
2. Irene privately considers what it would be like if
3. The teacup Irene destroys is
4. Irene does not tell Brian about bumping into Bellew because
5. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)