|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga finds some satisfaction in
(a) Living in the south.
(b) Living in poverty.
(c) Changing the women in the congregation.
(d) Being a preacher's wife.
2. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
3. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
(a) She is ambivalent.
(b) Absolutely not.
(c) Perhaps, with conditions.
4. What did Clare's aunts do to her?
(a) Forced her to learn to cook.
(b) Made her care for them in their old age.
(c) Tortured her with religion.
(d) Used her father against her.
5. Brian's comments about sex being a joke indicate that
(a) He is happy with his marriage.
(b) He and Irene don't have much of a sex life.
(c) He sees the humor in the jokes.
(d) He thinks sex is hilarious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian states that sex is a joke because
2. When Clare falls from the window, Irene cries with
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
4. Irene knows that she and Brian and their children belong
5. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)