|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Desperately wants to see her.
(b) Really does not want to see her.
(c) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(d) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
2. At the tea, Irene is
(a) Unusually chatty.
(b) Preoccupied with her children.
(c) Clearly tired of Hugh Wentworth.
(d) Her usual charming self.
3. At all costs, Irene does not want to
(a) Lose Felise as a friend.
(b) Walk in the snow.
(c) Lose Brian.
(d) Offend Clare.
4. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
(a) She could be assaulted.
(b) She could be mistaken for someone else.
(c) Her husband and child could find out.
(d) Her picture could end up in the papers.
5. Clare cries at the end of Chapter 4
(a) Because she is so happy to be there.
(b) Because she plans to hurt the children.
(c) Because she knows she is leaving.
(d) For reasons we do not yet know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare's stationery say about her?
2. Clare now sees that if her marriage breaks,
3. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
4. Brian would rather be living in
5. Helga chooses to remain
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)