|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga grows tired and ill from
(a) Bad food.
(b) The dirt and squalor.
(c) Gossip and loneliness.
(d) Continuous child bearing.
2. What is a personality trait of Clare's that stands out in Irene's mind?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her affection.
(c) Her selflessness.
(d) Her energy.
3. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
(b) Try to pass as a white person.
(c) Discuss her skin color.
(d) Does not tell her sons they are black.
4. Irene attributes Brian's complete withdrawal to
(a) His continued longing to be in South America.
(b) His increased satisfaction with his job.
(c) His newfound happiness in his marriage.
(d) His sense of guilt.
5. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Give birth.
(b) Pray properly.
(c) Love her new child.
(d) Ask the right questions.
6. Irene is determined to keep her life
(a) Spontaneous and fun.
(b) Orderly and managed.
(c) Wild and carefree.
(d) Peaceful and serene.
7. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
8. How does Irene conclude that Brian and Clare are having an affair?
(a) Hugh Wentworth tells her.
(b) Clare tells her.
(c) Brian invited Clare to tea.
(d) Her children tell her.
9. John Bellew enters Felise's apartment in a state of
10. At all costs, Irene does not want to
(a) Lose Felise as a friend.
(b) Offend Clare.
(c) Lose Brian.
(d) Walk in the snow.
11. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Desperately wants to see her.
(b) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(c) Really does not want to see her.
(d) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
12. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(a) Blissful motherhood.
13. Brian states that sex is a joke because
(a) His marriage is clearly unhappy.
(b) He wants his son to think sex is funny.
(c) He likes off color jokes.
(d) He thinks sex is hilarious.
14. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
(a) Makes Irene want her away from the children.
(b) Makes Irene feel sorry for her.
(c) Is just Clare being manipulative again.
(d) Foreshadows her affair with Brian.
15. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Passed away after one week.
(b) Looks just like Helga.
(c) Was nursed by Clementine.
(d) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene privately considers what it would be like if
2. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
3. Where would Brian prefer to live?
4. What has Irene heard about Clare since they were young?
5. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)