Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Clare's aunts do to her?
(a) Used her father against her.
(b) Forced her to learn to cook.
(c) Tortured her with religion.
(d) Made her care for them in their old age.
2. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
(a) Appreciate the worth of Pastor Green.
(b) Respect God.
(c) Understand goodness.
(d) Look black enough.
3. When Brian tries to talk to his sons about racism, Irene
(a) Admonishes him.
(b) Encourages him.
(c) Speaks for him.
(d) Contradicts him.
4. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Asked Irene to leave.
(b) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
(c) Claimed he had Negro blood.
(d) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
5. At all costs, Irene does not want to
(a) Offend Clare.
(b) Lose Brian.
(c) Walk in the snow.
(d) Lose Felise as a friend.
6. Whrn speaking with Hugh Wentworth at the dance, Irene
(a) Complains about Brian.
(b) Is embarrassed about bringing Clare.
(c) Discloses all she knows about Clare.
(d) Does not tell him Clare is black.
7. Green's bad habits are outweighed by his
(a) Goodness and holiness.
(b) Devotion to her.
(c) Long sermons.
(d) Good looks.
8. At the Redfields' private dinner table, Clare is
9. Why is Irene offended by Clare's use of a PO Box for a return address?
(a) It shows Clare's devious nature.
(b) She is hiding her real address.
(c) It implies Clare thinks Irene would be indiscreet.
(d) It implies that Clare is being sarcastic.
10. Clare is very
(a) Self-focused and manipulative.
(b) Threatening and belligerent.
(c) Maternal and kind.
(d) Generous and gregarious.
11. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Ask the right questions.
(b) Pray properly.
(c) Love her new child.
(d) Give birth.
12. Brian would rather be living in
(a) The Netherlands.
(b) South Africa.
(c) Southern Europe.
(d) South America.
13. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To cause a spark in him.
(b) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(c) To be suggestive about the subject.
(d) To see if it will make him interested in her.
14. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
(a) Foreshadows her affair with Brian.
(b) Is just Clare being manipulative again.
(c) Makes Irene want her away from the children.
(d) Makes Irene feel sorry for her.
15. Clare is upset that she will have to leave New York to
(a) Get back into white society.
(b) Rejoin her husband in Switzerland.
(c) See her daughter in Switzerland.
(d) Retrieve her daughter from Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
2. Irene's encounter with John Bellew
3. Irene Redfield does not
4. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
5. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)