|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare married her husband because
(a) She wanted children.
(b) He has money.
(c) She wanted a banker.
(d) She loves him.
2. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
(a) Re-commit to the church.
(b) Flee to Naxos.
(c) Leave Pastor Green.
(d) Commit suicide.
3. Where would Brian prefer to live?
(b) South America.
(c) South Africa.
(d) Southern Europe.
4. What is the implication that surrounds Clare's rich white male companions?
(a) They find Clare to be a good dancer.
(b) They are paying a good price for Clare's company.
(c) They find Clare to be a hard worker.
(d) They pay Clare for housekeeping.
5. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
6. What happened to Clare's father?
(a) He left Clare when she was small.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He died in a car accident.
(d) He died from injuries in a fight.
7. Irene's encounter with John Bellew
(a) Makes her nervous and frightened.
(b) Is extremely disturbing to him.
(c) Gives Irene a sense of foreboding.
(d) Has no impact.
8. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Try to pass as a white person.
(b) Discuss her skin color.
(c) Does not tell her sons they are black.
(d) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
9. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Ask the right questions.
(b) Love her new child.
(c) Give birth.
(d) Pray properly.
10. When Clare falls from the window, Irene cries with
11. Brian states that sex is a joke because
(a) He likes off color jokes.
(b) He wants his son to think sex is funny.
(c) He thinks sex is hilarious.
(d) His marriage is clearly unhappy.
12. When Clare mentions she would do anything to get what she wants, it
(a) Exposes her violent nature.
(b) Was meant to alert Brian of her intentions.
(c) Indicates danger to the children.
(d) Should have been a clue for Irene.
13. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
(a) Is just Clare being manipulative again.
(b) Foreshadows her affair with Brian.
(c) Makes Irene feel sorry for her.
(d) Makes Irene want her away from the children.
14. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
(a) Hard work.
(b) Naxos and its efforts.
(c) New York and its excitement.
(d) The black southerners and their simplicity.
15. At the tea, Irene is
(a) Unusually chatty.
(b) Preoccupied with her children.
(c) Her usual charming self.
(d) Clearly tired of Hugh Wentworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chicago, Clare's husband
2. Why is Irene offended by Clare's use of a PO Box for a return address?
3. Helga chooses to remain
4. How does Irene conclude that Brian and Clare are having an affair?
5. At the tea, Clare is
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)