|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Brian prefer to live?
(b) South America.
(c) South Africa.
(d) Southern Europe.
2. Brian's comments about sex being a joke indicate that
(a) He sees the humor in the jokes.
(b) He thinks sex is hilarious.
(c) He and Irene don't have much of a sex life.
(d) He is happy with his marriage.
3. Green's bad habits are outweighed by his
(a) Goodness and holiness.
(b) Devotion to her.
(c) Good looks.
(d) Long sermons.
4. Brian demands that Irene not
(a) Talk of sex at the table.
(b) Molly-coddle their son.
(c) Talk to him so much.
(d) Divert him from complaining about his job.
5. At all costs, Irene does not want to
(a) Lose Felise as a friend.
(b) Lose Brian.
(c) Offend Clare.
(d) Walk in the snow.
6. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
(a) Is just Clare being manipulative again.
(b) Foreshadows her affair with Brian.
(c) Makes Irene feel sorry for her.
(d) Makes Irene want her away from the children.
7. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Give birth.
(b) Ask the right questions.
(c) Pray properly.
(d) Love her new child.
8. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
(a) Look black enough.
(b) Appreciate the worth of Pastor Green.
(c) Respect God.
(d) Understand goodness.
9. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
(a) Absolutely not.
(c) She is ambivalent.
(d) Perhaps, with conditions.
10. John Bellew enters Felise's apartment in a state of
11. This chapter finds Brian Redfield
(b) Busy at home.
(c) Extremely joyous.
(d) Making home visits.
12. Irene does not tell Brian about bumping into Bellew because
(a) She is not sure why it happened.
(b) It might serve as a warning to him.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She thinks it is meaningless.
13. What feelings come up for Irene when remembering her visit with Clare in Chicago
(a) Anger and humiliation.
(b) Shame and sadness.
(c) Love and longing.
(d) Old ties of friendship.
14. Helga marries Pleasant Green and moves to
15. Irene is determined to keep her life
(a) Wild and carefree.
(b) Peaceful and serene.
(c) Spontaneous and fun.
(d) Orderly and managed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Irene offended by Clare's use of a PO Box for a return address?
2. The teacup Irene destroys is
3. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
4. Why does Irene think Hugh Wentworth wants to come to Negro events?
5. When Clare mentions she would do anything to get what she wants, it
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)