|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trait of Clare's that gossipers have mentioned to Irene?
(a) Clare's gregarious nature.
(b) Clare's standoffishness.
(c) Clare's having way.
(d) Clare's vulnerability.
2. At the Redfields' private dinner table, Clare is
3. Irene privately considers what it would be like if
(a) Brian and Clare eloped.
(b) Clare took her sons.
(c) Clare should die.
(d) Clare re-entered Harlem as a black woman.
4. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) What Helga wishes to be.
(b) Helga's worst stereotype.
(c) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(d) The snobbery of New York city.
5. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(b) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(c) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(d) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her illness, Helga is unable to
2. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
3. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
4. Helga finally finds work as
5. Helga gets a job in New York at
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)