|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clare mentions she would do anything to get what she wants, it
(a) Was meant to alert Brian of her intentions.
(b) Indicates danger to the children.
(c) Exposes her violent nature.
(d) Should have been a clue for Irene.
2. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
(a) Set him straight regarding their talk in Naxos.
(b) Get him matched up with Anne.
(c) Arrange never to see him again.
(d) Make him jealous.
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) A factory.
(b) A retail store.
(c) An insurance firm.
(d) A law firm.
4. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(b) Not molly-coddle their son.
(c) Stop talking to him.
(d) Write back to Clare.
5. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The stubbornness of a mule.
(b) The grace of an African.
(c) The determination of a white woman.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is angry at herself because
2. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
3. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
4. Brian would rather be living in
5. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)