|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
(a) She is being suggestive.
(b) She is trying to divert Brian's attention.
(c) She hopes it will spark some life in his eyes.
(d) She wants to punish Brian.
2. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Asked Irene to leave.
(b) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
(c) Claimed he had Negro blood.
(d) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
3. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
(a) At the local golf club.
(b) With a roommate in an apartment.
(c) With an old friend.
(d) At the local YWCA.
4. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
(a) She packs up to leave.
(b) She rejects Green's advances.
(c) She begins to give birth to her fifth child.
(d) She prays for redemption.
5. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(a) Extremely depressed.
(b) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(c) Free to pursue others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene not
2. Helga remembers her mother being
3. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
4. Once again, Helga realizes that
5. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)