|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare is very
(a) Generous and gregarious.
(b) Maternal and kind.
(c) Threatening and belligerent.
(d) Self-focused and manipulative.
2. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Anger at Anne for her race.
(b) Ashamed of her self.
(c) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
(d) Hatred for the Negro performers.
3. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(c) Blissful motherhood.
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she did not tell Anne.
(b) She never really liked him.
(c) That she made a fool of herself.
(d) Her broken relationship with Anne.
5. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is determined.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She wants her to disappear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a personality trait of Clare's that stands out in Irene's mind?
2. Irene attributes Brian's complete withdrawal to
3. Helga Crane loves
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
5. James Vayle feels it is important
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)