|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter finds Brian Redfield
(b) Extremely joyous.
(c) Making home visits.
(d) Busy at home.
2. Helga projects a sense of
3. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Try to pass as a white person.
(b) Discuss her skin color.
(c) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
(d) Does not tell her sons they are black.
4. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Irritable disrespect.
(b) Mild interest.
(c) Energized enthusiasm.
(d) Cynicism and disgust.
5. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(b) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(c) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(d) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
2. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
3. Brian demands that Irene not
4. Helga finally finds work as
5. What happened to Clare's father?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)