|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) A stronger sense of her self.
(b) Anxiety and tension.
(c) A more secure outlook.
(d) Dullness and aversion.
2. Helga feels the school's intention is to
(a) Pave the way for college students.
(b) Teach the children arts and crafts.
(c) Preserve the Negro culture.
(d) Turn black children into white children.
3. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A personal assistant.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A housekeeper.
4. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(c) Too sensitive.
5. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(b) To cause a spark in him.
(c) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(d) To be suggestive about the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clare mentions she would do anything to get what she wants, it
2. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
3. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
4. Irene does not tell Brian about bumping into Bellew because
5. Helga is angry at herself because
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)