|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(b) Not molly-coddle their son.
(c) Write back to Clare.
(d) Stop talking to him.
2. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Does not tell her sons they are black.
(b) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
(c) Discuss her skin color.
(d) Try to pass as a white person.
3. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has dishonorable intentions.
(b) Is a well-known gossip.
(c) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(d) Is a rebel and a loner.
4. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
(a) Her father's relatives hate her.
(b) She knows he will take her in.
(c) Her father's wealth has disappeared.
(d) Her mother would have wanted it.
5. Whrn speaking with Hugh Wentworth at the dance, Irene
(a) Complains about Brian.
(b) Does not tell him Clare is black.
(c) Discloses all she knows about Clare.
(d) Is embarrassed about bringing Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
4. In this section, Clare is now
5. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)