|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her simple life in Chicago.
(b) Robert Anderson.
(c) Her career goals.
(d) Her wish to stay with Anne.
2. Clare is very
(a) Maternal and kind.
(b) Self-focused and manipulative.
(c) Generous and gregarious.
(d) Threatening and belligerent.
3. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Found her saving grace.
(b) Hit the bottom.
(c) Lost her mind.
(d) Avoided suicide.
4. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
(a) She rejects Green's advances.
(b) She begins to give birth to her fifth child.
(c) She packs up to leave.
(d) She prays for redemption.
5. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Audrey Denny.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Helga's father.
(d) Helga's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
2. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
3. Irene attributes Brian's complete withdrawal to
4. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
5. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)