|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga takes the time to
(a) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(b) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(c) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(d) Scrub the floors and windows.
2. For her departure from Denmark, Helga now blames
(a) Herr Poul.
(d) Axel Olsen.
3. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) A mocking likeness.
(b) Exact and lifelike.
(c) Demure and soft.
(d) Exotic and wild.
4. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(b) At a health meeting in a church.
(c) At a local restaurant.
(d) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
5. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Insecurity and pain.
(b) Cruel nature.
(d) Lack of taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene attributes Brian's complete withdrawal to
2. Helga finally finds work as
3. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
4. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
5. Helga has found peace and contentment in
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)