|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She hates James Vayle.
(b) The staff is dependent upon her.
(c) She dislikes her students.
(d) She does not fit in.
2. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To cause a spark in him.
(b) To be suggestive about the subject.
(c) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(d) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
3. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
(b) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(c) At a health meeting in a church.
(d) At a local restaurant.
4. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
(a) A better understanding of Helga.
(b) For Helga to leave.
(c) An artist in the family.
(d) For Helga to marry.
5. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Wanting to be white.
(b) Being walked on by whites.
(c) Denigrating white people.
(d) Sticking together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
2. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
3. The time spent without Clare in the picture
4. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
5. Helga is angry at herself because
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)