|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
(b) At a local restaurant.
(c) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(d) At a health meeting in a church.
2. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Revolutionary thoughts.
3. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Harlem and New York.
(c) The Negro race.
4. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A repugnance of Negroes.
(c) A hatred of Harlem.
(d) A wish for more money.
5. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
3. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
4. The time spent without Clare in the picture
5. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)