|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
2. Irene has a bad moment during the social event wherein she
(a) Screams at Brian.
(b) Throws a champagne bottle.
(c) Deliberately breaks a tea cup.
(d) Pushes Clare across the room.
3. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A personal assistant.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A teacher.
4. At the tea, Irene is
(a) Preoccupied with her children.
(b) Clearly tired of Hugh Wentworth.
(c) Unusually chatty.
(d) Her usual charming self.
5. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A frightened man.
(b) A loser in Harlem.
(c) A negotiator.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
2. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
3. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
4. In this section, Clare is now
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)