|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Try to pass as a white person.
(b) Does not tell her sons they are black.
(c) Discuss her skin color.
(d) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
2. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She has abandoned her family.
(b) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(c) She has a better place in society.
(d) She comes from questionable circumstances.
3. Where would Brian prefer to live?
(a) South America.
(b) South Africa.
(c) Southern Europe.
4. Green's bad habits are outweighed by his
(a) Goodness and holiness.
(b) Good looks.
(c) Long sermons.
(d) Devotion to her.
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) Her attitude was superior.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was not very smart.
(d) She was fair-skinned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
2. Helga thinks she has now
3. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
4. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
5. Helga could never marry
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)