|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(b) Not be mad at her.
(c) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(d) Forget her past in Harlem.
2. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
(b) Was nursed by Clementine.
(c) Passed away after one week.
(d) Looks just like Helga.
3. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The snobbery of New York city.
(b) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(c) Helga's worst stereotype.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
4. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Audrey Denny.
(b) Helga's father.
(c) Helga's mother.
(d) Uncle Peter.
5. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(b) To cause a spark in him.
(c) To be suggestive about the subject.
(d) To see if it will make him interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. Helga Crane loves
4. Helga chooses to remain
5. Green's bad habits are outweighed by his
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)