|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(b) Take another position on the faculty.
(c) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(d) Marry James Vayle and have children.
2. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Stay out of Harlem.
(b) Reject blacks.
(c) Keep to herself.
(d) Hate white people.
3. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Give birth.
(b) Love her new child.
(c) Ask the right questions.
(d) Pray properly.
4. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Wanting to be white.
(b) Denigrating white people.
(c) Being walked on by whites.
(d) Sticking together.
5. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(b) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(c) She is appalled and disgusted.
(d) The story strikes a familiar note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's aunt resembles
2. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
3. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
4. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
5. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)