|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whrn speaking with Hugh Wentworth at the dance, Irene
(a) Complains about Brian.
(b) Discloses all she knows about Clare.
(c) Does not tell him Clare is black.
(d) Is embarrassed about bringing Clare.
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(b) Is a well-known gossip.
(c) Has dishonorable intentions.
(d) Is a rebel and a loner.
3. Clare is very
(a) Generous and gregarious.
(b) Self-focused and manipulative.
(c) Threatening and belligerent.
(d) Maternal and kind.
4. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Ask the right questions.
(b) Give birth.
(c) Love her new child.
(d) Pray properly.
5. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
(b) Hatred for the Negro performers.
(c) Ashamed of her self.
(d) Anger at Anne for her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene
2. What is the trait of Clare's that gossipers have mentioned to Irene?
3. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
4. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
5. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)