|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Three, Chapters Two and Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Looks just like Helga.
(b) Passed away after one week.
(c) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
(d) Was nursed by Clementine.
2. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
3. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Danish children.
(b) Mulatto children.
(c) White children.
(d) Black children.
4. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She married a white man.
(b) She stopped having children.
(c) She moved to Denmark.
(d) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
5. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Hurting James Vayle.
(b) Having both God and man.
(c) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(d) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
2. Helga grows tired and ill from
3. Helga's false pride masks her
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
5. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)