|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
(a) She rejects Green's advances.
(b) She prays for redemption.
(c) She begins to give birth to her fifth child.
(d) She packs up to leave.
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her grief.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her depression.
3. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(b) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(c) Free to pursue others.
(d) Extremely depressed.
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is disappointed.
(b) Is indifferent.
(c) Is upset.
(d) Is worried.
5. Irene allowing Clare into the private rooms of the house symbolizes
(a) Irene allowing herself to be vulnerable.
(b) Irene's wish that Clare will love her sons.
(c) Irene's invitation to invade her family.
(d) Irene's desire to show Clare her wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
2. Brian would rather be living in
3. Helga's false pride masks her
4. Helga tells Olsen that some day
5. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)