|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Irene heard about Clare since they were young?
(a) She is a high fashion model in New York.
(b) She has been seen with rich white men.
(c) She has found a career as a dancer.
(d) She has been a housewife.
2. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The grace of an African.
(d) The stubbornness of a mule.
3. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(b) Her students think she is too young.
(c) Her teaching has been ineffective.
(d) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) An insurance firm.
(b) A retail store.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga grows tired and ill from
2. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
3. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
4. Where would Brian prefer to live?
5. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)