|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga chooses to remain
(a) In her unhappy situation.
(b) Bedridden for as long as she can.
(c) In Alabama with her beloved husband.
(d) A servant of God.
2. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Looking for a way to die.
(b) Wet and disoriented.
(c) Ready to receive God.
(d) Wishing to find friends.
3. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
(a) Perhaps, with conditions.
(c) She is ambivalent.
(d) Absolutely not.
4. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Being walked on by whites.
(b) Wanting to be white.
(c) Sticking together.
(d) Denigrating white people.
5. What is the implication that surrounds Clare's rich white male companions?
(a) They are paying a good price for Clare's company.
(b) They find Clare to be a good dancer.
(c) They find Clare to be a hard worker.
(d) They pay Clare for housekeeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
2. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
3. Anne does not know that Helga
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
5. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)