|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga grows tired and ill from
(a) The dirt and squalor.
(b) Bad food.
(c) Continuous child bearing.
(d) Gossip and loneliness.
2. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will be black.
(b) Will be attractive.
(c) Will be like Uncle Peter.
(d) Will not accept her.
3. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
(b) Perhaps, with conditions.
(c) Absolutely not.
(d) She is ambivalent.
4. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) In the future, they will marry.
(b) His racism will catch up with him.
(c) He will learn to love all black people.
(d) The differences in their races would come between them.
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her simple life in Chicago.
(b) Her career goals.
(c) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(d) Robert Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
2. What does Clare's stationery say about her?
3. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
4. Margaret Creighton is
5. What happened to Clare's father?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)