|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
(a) Needs a better hairdo.
(b) Needs more makeup.
(c) Needs higher heels.
(d) Must have earrings.
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) A struggling actress.
(d) An entertainer.
3. What has Irene heard about Clare since they were young?
(a) She has been a housewife.
(b) She has found a career as a dancer.
(c) She is a high fashion model in New York.
(d) She has been seen with rich white men.
4. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(d) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
5. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She misses her aunt and uncle.
(b) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
(c) She is angry to be black.
(d) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. The remade green velvet dress
2. Irene is determined to keep her life
3. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
4. What happened to Clare's father?
5. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)