|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
(a) The black southerners and their simplicity.
(b) Hard work.
(c) New York and its excitement.
(d) Naxos and its efforts.
2. Irene is determined to keep her life
(a) Peaceful and serene.
(b) Wild and carefree.
(c) Orderly and managed.
(d) Spontaneous and fun.
3. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
(a) Greet Helga in Dutch.
(b) Translate for Helga's new uncle.
(c) Satisfy their curiosity.
(d) Help with Helga's bags.
4. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) Her attitude was superior.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) She was not good looking.
5. Helga has trouble finding work because she
(a) Is too persistent.
(b) Tries too hard.
(c) Knows no one in Chicago.
(d) Has no references.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
2. Helga chooses to remain
3. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
4. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
5. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)