|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her fine education.
(b) Her good breeding.
(c) Her sense of morality.
(d) The facade she wears.
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Is a rebel and a loner.
(b) Has dishonorable intentions.
(c) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(d) Is a well-known gossip.
3. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Desperately wants to see her.
(b) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(c) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
(d) Really does not want to see her.
4. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
(a) Is fulfilled.
(b) Is oppressed.
(c) Is more in perspective.
(d) Is extinguished.
5. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Amazing and marvelous.
(b) Somewhat sleazy.
(c) Unusual and fearsome.
(d) Odd and almost frightening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene is determined to keep her life
2. Clare is very
3. Helga now feels alienated from
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
5. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)