|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A repugnance of Negroes.
(b) A wish for more money.
(c) A hatred of Harlem.
2. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Simple and straightforward.
(b) Beneath her social status.
(c) As complex as white.
(d) Much easier to live with than white.
3. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
(a) She could be assaulted.
(b) Her picture could end up in the papers.
(c) She could be mistaken for someone else.
(d) Her husband and child could find out.
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Revolutionary thoughts.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Anger toward all white people.
(d) Determination to make it on her own.
5. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
(a) Hard work.
(b) Naxos and its efforts.
(c) The black southerners and their simplicity.
(d) New York and its excitement.
Short Answer Questions
1. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
2. Helga now feels alienated from
3. Helga found her job with the help of
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)