|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(d) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
2. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(b) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(c) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(d) Teach small children.
3. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lion.
(d) A fox.
4. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
(a) Her mother would have wanted it.
(b) Her father's relatives hate her.
(c) Her father's wealth has disappeared.
(d) She knows he will take her in.
5. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(b) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(c) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(d) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga grows tired and ill from
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
3. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
4. Helga wishes that the school would not
5. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)