|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katrina would like Helga to
(a) Make more friends.
(b) Stay with her forever.
(c) Be attracted to Axel Olsen.
(d) Be less flambouyant.
2. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Hatred for the Negro performers.
(b) Anger at Anne for her race.
(c) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
(d) Ashamed of her self.
3. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(b) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(c) Forget her past in Harlem.
(d) Not be mad at her.
4. What did Clare's aunts do to her?
(a) Used her father against her.
(b) Forced her to learn to cook.
(c) Made her care for them in their old age.
(d) Tortured her with religion.
5. Clare married her husband because
(a) She wanted a banker.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wanted children.
(d) He has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
3. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
4. Why does Irene think Hugh Wentworth wants to come to Negro events?
5. What feelings come up for Irene when remembering her visit with Clare in Chicago
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)