|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) White children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) Black children.
(d) Mulatto children.
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
(a) At his own hand.
(c) In peace.
(d) After a long illness.
3. Clare married her husband because
(a) He has money.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wanted a banker.
(d) She wanted children.
4. Helga grows tired and ill from
(a) Gossip and loneliness.
(b) The dirt and squalor.
(c) Continuous child bearing.
(d) Bad food.
5. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(b) At a health meeting in a church.
(c) At a local restaurant.
(d) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Clare's aunts do to her?
2. Brian's comments about sex being a joke indicate that
3. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
4. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
5. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)