|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Much easier to live with than white.
(b) Beneath her social status.
(c) Simple and straightforward.
(d) As complex as white.
2. Helga has developed a new appreciation for
(a) New York and its excitement.
(b) Hard work.
(c) Naxos and its efforts.
(d) The black southerners and their simplicity.
3. Helga could never marry
(a) An artist.
(b) A Dane.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
4. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her hair is blonde.
(b) She is a black activist.
(c) Her skin is fair.
(d) She is an aggressive woman.
5. Helga's false pride masks her
(b) Lack of taste.
(c) Cruel nature.
(d) Insecurity and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
2. What feelings come up for Irene when remembering her visit with Clare in Chicago
3. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
4. What is the trait of Clare's that gossipers have mentioned to Irene?
5. Helga remembers her mother being
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)