|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Does not tell her sons they are black.
(b) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
(c) Discuss her skin color.
(d) Try to pass as a white person.
2. What happened to Clare's father?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He died from injuries in a fight.
(c) He left Clare when she was small.
(d) He died in a car accident.
3. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her simple life in Chicago.
(b) Her career goals.
(c) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(d) Robert Anderson.
4. Once again, Helga realizes that
(a) Harlem is superior to Denmark.
(b) Negroes are superior to whites.
(c) Harlem is the height of racism.
(d) Negroes are her own people.
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Energized enthusiasm.
(b) Irritable disrespect.
(c) Mild interest.
(d) Cynicism and disgust.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Vayle is clearly
2. Helga is angry at herself because
3. It is possible that Helga Crane is
4. Anne does not know that Helga
5. In Chicago, Clare's husband
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)