|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her status as a socialite.
(b) Her preference for the black race.
(c) Her impending flight.
(d) Her need to be recognized as different.
2. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The determination of a white woman.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
3. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(a) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(c) Extremely depressed.
(d) Free to pursue others.
4. What is the trait of Clare's that gossipers have mentioned to Irene?
(a) Clare's standoffishness.
(b) Clare's gregarious nature.
(c) Clare's vulnerability.
(d) Clare's having way.
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga takes the time to
2. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
4. Helga leaves Denmark with the expectation of
5. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)