|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Feels only sympathy for her.
(b) Reacts with anger toward her.
(c) Seems to withdraw from her.
(d) Admonishes her for sharing.
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
(b) She begins to miss her mother.
(c) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(d) She remembers that she likes being white.
3. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It was not spontaneous.
(b) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(c) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
(d) It was about the persecution of blacks.
4. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Date within her own race.
(b) Turn her attention to another man.
(c) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(d) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga projects a sense of
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
3. Why does Irene think Hugh Wentworth wants to come to Negro events?
4. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
5. Irene Redfield does not
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)