|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(b) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(c) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(d) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
2. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
(a) Make him jealous.
(b) Arrange never to see him again.
(c) Get him matched up with Anne.
(d) Set him straight regarding their talk in Naxos.
3. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
4. Helga could never marry
(a) A Dane.
(b) A white man.
(c) A black man.
(d) An artist.
5. Helga remembers her mother being
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
2. Once again, Helga realizes that
3. Clementine Richards thinks Helga does not
4. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
5. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)