|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne secretly knows that Dr. Anderson might
(a) Lose his willpower when it comes to Helga.
(b) Lose his job and become dependent.
(c) Cheat on her throughout their marriage.
(d) Have a split personality.
2. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her fine education.
(b) Her sense of morality.
(c) Her good breeding.
(d) The facade she wears.
3. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Asked Irene to leave.
(b) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
(c) Claimed he had Negro blood.
(d) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
4. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(b) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(c) It was not spontaneous.
(d) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
5. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Revolutionary thoughts.
(d) Determination to make it on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
2. What is the implication that surrounds Clare's rich white male companions?
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
4. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)