|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her good breeding.
(b) The facade she wears.
(c) Her fine education.
(d) Her sense of morality.
2. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(a) The idea of of singing.
(d) The flu.
3. Helga remembers her mother being
4. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
(a) At the local golf club.
(b) With a roommate in an apartment.
(c) With an old friend.
(d) At the local YWCA.
5. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) His racism will catch up with him.
(b) In the future, they will marry.
(c) The differences in their races would come between them.
(d) He will learn to love all black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Clare's father?
2. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
3. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
5. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)