|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her impending flight.
(b) Her status as a socialite.
(c) Her need to be recognized as different.
(d) Her preference for the black race.
2. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
3. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Mulatto children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) Black children.
(d) White children.
4. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(d) Blissful motherhood.
5. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
(a) She longs for Naxos.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She resents him.
(d) She wishes he would leave New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
2. Helga finally finds work as
3. Brian demands that Irene not
4. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
5. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)