|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Really does not want to see her.
(b) Desperately wants to see her.
(c) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(d) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She worked in the factories there.
(b) She remembers going there as a child.
(c) She was born there.
(d) Her grandmother is there.
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Like a country boy.
(b) Silly and under-dressed.
(c) Young and innocent.
(d) Highly principled.
4. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
(a) An artist in the family.
(b) A better understanding of Helga.
(c) For Helga to leave.
(d) For Helga to marry.
5. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(b) She has abandoned her family.
(c) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(d) She has a better place in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
2. What feelings come up for Irene when remembering her visit with Clare in Chicago
3. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
4. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
5. Why does Irene think Hugh Wentworth wants to come to Negro events?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)