|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Clare's father?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He died from injuries in a fight.
(c) He left Clare when she was small.
(d) He died in a car accident.
2. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The determination of a white woman.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
3. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Hatred for the Negro performers.
(b) Anger at Anne for her race.
(c) Ashamed of her self.
(d) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
4. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
(a) Wear brightly colored clothing.
(b) Wear less makeup.
(c) Dress in a subdued manner.
(d) Mind her manners.
5. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Wet and disoriented.
(b) Looking for a way to die.
(c) Ready to receive God.
(d) Wishing to find friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
2. Helga chooses to remain
3. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
4. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
5. Green's bad habits are outweighed by his
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)