|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
(a) She begins to give birth to her fifth child.
(b) She rejects Green's advances.
(c) She prays for redemption.
(d) She packs up to leave.
2. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(d) Robert Anderson.
3. The remade green velvet dress
(a) Was heavy and obtrusive.
(b) Covered Helga from head to toe.
(c) Was made blousy and full.
(d) Exposed more of Helga's body.
4. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A loser in Harlem.
(b) A frightened man.
(c) A negotiator.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is upset.
(b) Is worried.
(c) Is indifferent.
(d) Is disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga takes the time to
2. Helga finally finds work as
3. Helga grows tired and ill from
4. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
5. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)