|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A repugnance of Negroes.
(b) A wish for more money.
(c) A hatred of Harlem.
2. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Determination to make it on her own.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
3. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Passed away after one week.
(b) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
(c) Looks just like Helga.
(d) Was nursed by Clementine.
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she made a fool of herself.
(b) That she did not tell Anne.
(c) She never really liked him.
(d) Her broken relationship with Anne.
5. Helga Crane loves
(a) Being black and educated.
(b) Beauty and beautiful things.
(d) Classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga now feels alienated from
2. Helga's step-siblings were
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
4. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
5. Helga remembers her mother being
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)