|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) She never really liked him.
(b) That she made a fool of herself.
(c) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(d) That she did not tell Anne.
2. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(b) She is appalled and disgusted.
(c) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(d) The story strikes a familiar note.
3. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
(a) She longs for Naxos.
(b) She wishes he would leave New York.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She resents him.
4. Helga chooses to remain
(a) In Alabama with her beloved husband.
(b) In her unhappy situation.
(c) A servant of God.
(d) Bedridden for as long as she can.
5. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(b) Teach small children.
(c) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(d) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's aunt resembles
2. Helga is angry at herself because
3. Helga thinks she has now
4. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)