|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The determination of a white woman.
(d) The stubbornness of a mule.
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. Helga could never marry
(a) A Dane.
(b) A black man.
(c) An artist.
(d) A white man.
4. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Much easier to live with than white.
(b) Simple and straightforward.
(c) Beneath her social status.
(d) As complex as white.
5. For her departure from Denmark, Helga now blames
(c) Axel Olsen.
(d) Herr Poul.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her illness, Helga is unable to
2. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
3. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
4. What happened to Clare's father?
5. Margaret Creighton is
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)