|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Take another position on the faculty.
(b) Marry James Vayle and have children.
(c) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(d) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
2. Helga wishes that the school would not
(a) Try to be something it is not.
(b) Seek government funding.
(c) Suppress the true nature of its students.
(d) Advertise itself as a school for blacks.
3. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Beneath her social status.
(b) As complex as white.
(c) Simple and straightforward.
(d) Much easier to live with than white.
4. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
(a) A fox.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A cat.
(d) A lion.
5. Helga has trouble finding work because she
(a) Tries too hard.
(b) Knows no one in Chicago.
(c) Has no references.
(d) Is too persistent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene not
2. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
3. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
4. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
5. Helga is tired of black people
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)