|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(c) The idea of of singing.
(d) The flu.
2. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(b) A hatred of Harlem.
(c) A wish for more money.
(d) A repugnance of Negroes.
3. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Ready to receive God.
(b) Looking for a way to die.
(c) Wet and disoriented.
(d) Wishing to find friends.
4. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) Her students think she is too young.
(d) Her teaching has been ineffective.
5. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Reject blacks.
(b) Stay out of Harlem.
(c) Keep to herself.
(d) Hate white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her illness, Helga is unable to
2. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
3. Helga now feels alienated from
4. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
5. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)