|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
(b) She feels she confided too much to him.
(c) She wanted to stay.
(d) She feels she told half-truths.
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her superiority.
3. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) The story strikes a familiar note.
(b) She is appalled and disgusted.
(c) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(d) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
4. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Ashamed of her self.
(b) Anger at Anne for her race.
(c) Hatred for the Negro performers.
(d) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is disappointed.
(b) Is worried.
(c) Is upset.
(d) Is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Vayle feels it is important
2. Anne does not know that Helga
3. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
4. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
5. Anne secretly knows that Dr. Anderson might
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)