|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) Her attitude was superior.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) She was not very smart.
2. Where would Brian prefer to live?
(a) South Africa.
(b) South America.
(c) Southern Europe.
3. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
(a) For Helga to marry.
(b) An artist in the family.
(c) For Helga to leave.
(d) A better understanding of Helga.
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is indifferent.
(b) Is worried.
(c) Is upset.
(d) Is disappointed.
5. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She has a better place in society.
(b) She has abandoned her family.
(c) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(d) Her family was wealthy at one time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
2. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
3. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
4. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
5. Helga gets a job in New York at
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)