|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
(a) Is warm and inviting.
(b) Wishes she would marry him.
(c) Is spiteful and petty.
(d) Disapproves of her.
2. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
(b) Claimed he had Negro blood.
(c) Asked Irene to leave.
(d) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
3. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) The story strikes a familiar note.
(b) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(c) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(d) She is appalled and disgusted.
4. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her want to serve her race.
(b) Excite her.
(c) Make her irritable.
(d) Bore and exasperate her.
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Robert Anderson.
(c) Her simple life in Chicago.
(d) Her wish to stay with Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret Creighton is
2. James Vayle is clearly
3. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
4. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
5. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)