|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The stubbornness of a mule.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The determination of a white woman.
(d) The grace of an African.
2. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
(a) She is trying to divert Brian's attention.
(b) She hopes it will spark some life in his eyes.
(c) She is being suggestive.
(d) She wants to punish Brian.
3. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She dislikes her students.
(b) She hates James Vayle.
(c) She does not fit in.
(d) The staff is dependent upon her.
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) A struggling actress.
5. The remade green velvet dress
(a) Was made blousy and full.
(b) Covered Helga from head to toe.
(c) Was heavy and obtrusive.
(d) Exposed more of Helga's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga gets a job in New York at
2. Helga tells Olsen that some day
3. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
4. Helga Crane loves
5. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)