|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A wish for more money.
(c) A repugnance of Negroes.
(d) A hatred of Harlem.
2. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
(a) Dress in a subdued manner.
(b) Wear less makeup.
(c) Mind her manners.
(d) Wear brightly colored clothing.
3. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At a local restaurant.
(b) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
(c) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(d) At a health meeting in a church.
4. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She hates James Vayle.
(b) The staff is dependent upon her.
(c) She dislikes her students.
(d) She does not fit in.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
3. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
4. Helga tells Olsen that some day
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)