|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Denigrating white people.
(b) Wanting to be white.
(c) Sticking together.
(d) Being walked on by whites.
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Mild interest.
(b) Irritable disrespect.
(c) Energized enthusiasm.
(d) Cynicism and disgust.
3. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dislikes her.
(c) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(d) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
4. Brian demands that Irene not
(a) Divert him from complaining about his job.
(b) Molly-coddle their son.
(c) Talk of sex at the table.
(d) Talk to him so much.
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(b) Turn her attention to another man.
(c) Date within her own race.
(d) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
3. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
4. The remade green velvet dress
5. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)