|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
(a) She resents him.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She longs for Naxos.
(d) She wishes he would leave New York.
2. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The grace of an African.
(d) The stubbornness of a mule.
4. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) Her attitude was superior.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) She was not very smart.
5. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(a) The idea of of singing.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
2. Back in Harlem, Anne has
3. The remade green velvet dress
4. Helga finds some satisfaction in
5. Helga's false pride masks her
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)