|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Uncle Peter.
(b) Audrey Denny.
(c) Helga's father.
(d) Helga's mother.
2. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(b) The story strikes a familiar note.
(c) She is appalled and disgusted.
(d) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Begun to drink heavily.
(b) Rejected Helga completely.
(c) Become overly-protective.
(d) Distanced herself from Helga.
4. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(b) Blissful motherhood.
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She does not like to dance.
(b) She is not a jungle animal.
(c) She is not an African American.
(d) She is of Danish descent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
2. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
3. Helga takes the time to
4. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
5. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)