|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She dislikes her students.
(b) She hates James Vayle.
(c) She does not fit in.
(d) The staff is dependent upon her.
2. Helga has trouble finding work because she
(a) Tries too hard.
(b) Is too persistent.
(c) Knows no one in Chicago.
(d) Has no references.
3. Helga could never marry
(a) An artist.
(b) A black man.
(c) A Dane.
(d) A white man.
4. Helga chooses to remain
(a) In her unhappy situation.
(b) A servant of God.
(c) Bedridden for as long as she can.
(d) In Alabama with her beloved husband.
5. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
(a) Translate for Helga's new uncle.
(b) Greet Helga in Dutch.
(c) Satisfy their curiosity.
(d) Help with Helga's bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
4. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
5. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)