|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene not
(a) Divert him from complaining about his job.
(b) Talk of sex at the table.
(c) Molly-coddle their son.
(d) Talk to him so much.
2. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(d) Too sensitive.
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The stubbornness of a mule.
(c) The grace of an African.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
4. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) The facade she wears.
(b) Her sense of morality.
(c) Her fine education.
(d) Her good breeding.
5. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Helga's mother.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Helga's father.
(d) Audrey Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga finds some satisfaction in
2. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
3. Where would Brian prefer to live?
4. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
5. What Helga respects in Audrey is
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)