|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Brian prefer to live?
(b) South Africa.
(c) Southern Europe.
(d) South America.
2. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) Her students think she is too young.
(d) Her teaching has been ineffective.
3. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(b) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(c) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(d) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
4. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Take another position on the faculty.
(b) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(c) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(d) Marry James Vayle and have children.
5. The remade green velvet dress
(a) Exposed more of Helga's body.
(b) Was heavy and obtrusive.
(c) Was made blousy and full.
(d) Covered Helga from head to toe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
2. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
3. Helga chooses to remain
4. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
5. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)