|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) A blurr of color and light.
(b) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
(c) The absurdity of her situation.
(d) The beauty of her race.
2. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Insecurity and pain.
(b) Lack of taste.
(d) Cruel nature.
3. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
4. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(d) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
5. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) Dullness and aversion.
(b) A more secure outlook.
(c) Anxiety and tension.
(d) A stronger sense of her self.
Short Answer Questions
1. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
4. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)