|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She dresses loudly.
(b) She is a heavy drinker.
(c) She dances with anyone who asks.
(d) She socializes with whites and blacks.
2. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) The beauty of her race.
(b) The absurdity of her situation.
(c) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
(d) A blurr of color and light.
3. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Insecurity and pain.
(b) Lack of taste.
(d) Cruel nature.
4. Helga wishes that the school would not
(a) Try to be something it is not.
(b) Seek government funding.
(c) Suppress the true nature of its students.
(d) Advertise itself as a school for blacks.
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was fair-skinned.
(c) Her attitude was superior.
(d) She was not good looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
2. Helga is angry at herself because
3. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
4. Helga now feels alienated from
5. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)