|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clare's stationery say about her?
(a) She is feminine.
(b) She is wealthy.
(c) She is plain.
(d) She is beautiful.
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Reacts with anger toward her.
(b) Admonishes her for sharing.
(c) Feels only sympathy for her.
(d) Seems to withdraw from her.
3. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(a) Free to pursue others.
(b) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(d) Extremely depressed.
4. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She hates James Vayle.
(b) The staff is dependent upon her.
(c) She dislikes her students.
(d) She does not fit in.
5. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
(b) Well thought of.
(c) A real success.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
2. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
3. Helga's aunt resembles
4. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
5. Brian's comments about sex being a joke indicate that
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)