|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A peacock.
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(b) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
(c) She begins to miss her mother.
(d) She remembers that she likes being white.
3. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her need to be recognized as different.
(b) Her preference for the black race.
(c) Her status as a socialite.
(d) Her impending flight.
4. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
(a) Dress in a subdued manner.
(b) Wear brightly colored clothing.
(c) Mind her manners.
(d) Wear less makeup.
5. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
Short Answer Questions
1. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
2. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
3. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
4. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
5. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)