|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) A stronger sense of her self.
(b) Dullness and aversion.
(c) Anxiety and tension.
(d) A more secure outlook.
2. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
(a) A tragedy.
(b) Comic relief.
(c) Totally expected.
(d) A waste of time.
3. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(b) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
(c) For everyone to have at least one child.
(d) For Helga to be married and settled down.
4. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Silly and under-dressed.
(b) Highly principled.
(c) Young and innocent.
(d) Like a country boy.
5. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels the school's intention is to
2. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
3. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
4. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
5. For her departure from Denmark, Helga now blames
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)