|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
(b) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(c) Her incredible talent for dancing.
(d) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
2. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
3. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) Exact and lifelike.
(b) Demure and soft.
(c) A mocking likeness.
(d) Exotic and wild.
4. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She feels she confided too much to him.
(b) She feels she told half-truths.
(c) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
(d) She wanted to stay.
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her need to be recognized as different.
(b) Her preference for the black race.
(c) Her status as a socialite.
(d) Her impending flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
2. James Vayle is clearly
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
4. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
5. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)