|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A teacher.
(b) A personal assistant.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A librarian.
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Rejected Helga completely.
(b) Distanced herself from Helga.
(c) Become overly-protective.
(d) Begun to drink heavily.
4. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(b) Too sensitive.
5. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
(b) For everyone to have at least one child.
(c) For Helga to be married and settled down.
(d) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
3. One of the duties of her new job is to
4. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
5. Anne secretly knows that Dr. Anderson might
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)