|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
2. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She stopped having children.
(b) She moved to Denmark.
(c) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(d) She married a white man.
3. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(b) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(c) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(d) Teach small children.
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Admonishes her for sharing.
(b) Reacts with anger toward her.
(c) Seems to withdraw from her.
(d) Feels only sympathy for her.
5. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She does not fit in.
(b) She dislikes her students.
(c) She hates James Vayle.
(d) The staff is dependent upon her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
2. Anne Grey symbolizes
3. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
4. Katrina would like Helga to
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)