|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
(a) A pet dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A dinosaur.
2. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Odd and almost frightening.
(b) Amazing and marvelous.
(c) Somewhat sleazy.
(d) Unusual and fearsome.
3. Margaret Creighton is
(a) Afraid Helga might be ill.
(b) A lost soul.
(c) Concerned for Helga's career.
(d) Worried about losing her job.
4. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Anne's house.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her spirituality.
5. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
(a) Help with Helga's bags.
(b) Translate for Helga's new uncle.
(c) Greet Helga in Dutch.
(d) Satisfy their curiosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The remade green velvet dress
2. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
3. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
4. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
5. Once again, Helga realizes that
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)