|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Her spirituality.
(c) Her job.
(d) Anne's house.
2. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(b) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(c) Too irritable to have a relationship.
(d) Desperate to be married.
3. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will be like Uncle Peter.
(b) Will be black.
(c) Will be attractive.
(d) Will not accept her.
4. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Angry and wants to leave.
(b) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(c) Fulfilled in her job.
(d) Passionate about children.
5. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A wish for more money.
(c) A repugnance of Negroes.
(d) A hatred of Harlem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Helga respects in Audrey is
2. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
3. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
4. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
5. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)