|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The snobbery of New York city.
(b) Helga's worst stereotype.
(c) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
2. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
3. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(c) Poor quality.
4. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not a jungle animal.
(b) She does not like to dance.
(c) She is not an African American.
(d) She is of Danish descent.
5. Anne secretly knows that Dr. Anderson might
(a) Lose his willpower when it comes to Helga.
(b) Cheat on her throughout their marriage.
(c) Have a split personality.
(d) Lose his job and become dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
3. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
4. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
5. Helga's aunt resembles
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)