|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(b) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(c) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
(d) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
2. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(c) Poor quality.
3. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Dislikes her.
(b) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(c) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(d) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
(a) Disrespect for Helga and her race.
(b) His true intentions of marrying Fru Dahl.
(c) His artistic finesse.
(d) His noble personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
2. Helga has trouble finding work because she
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
4. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
5. James Vayle is clearly
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)