|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her skin is fair.
(b) She is a black activist.
(c) Her hair is blonde.
(d) She is an aggressive woman.
2. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) Dullness and aversion.
(b) A stronger sense of her self.
(c) A more secure outlook.
(d) Anxiety and tension.
3. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) His racism will catch up with him.
(b) The differences in their races would come between them.
(c) He will learn to love all black people.
(d) In the future, they will marry.
4. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her superiority.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her depression.
5. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Odd and almost frightening.
(b) Amazing and marvelous.
(c) Unusual and fearsome.
(d) Somewhat sleazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga has trouble finding work because she
2. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
3. Helga is angry at herself because
4. James Vayle is clearly
5. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)