|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
2. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Desperate to be married.
(b) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(c) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Too irritable to have a relationship.
3. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(a) A wish for more money.
(c) A hatred of Harlem.
(d) A repugnance of Negroes.
4. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her fine education.
(b) Her good breeding.
(c) The facade she wears.
(d) Her sense of morality.
5. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The grace of an African.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
3. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
4. James Vayle is clearly
5. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)