|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It was not spontaneous.
(b) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(c) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(d) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
2. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
(b) A hatred of Harlem.
(c) A wish for more money.
(d) A repugnance of Negroes.
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her depression.
4. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(b) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(c) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(d) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(b) Date within her own race.
(c) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(d) Turn her attention to another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga finally finds work as
2. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
4. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
5. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)