|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
(a) Consider marrying James Vayle.
(b) Glad that he has rejected her.
(c) Realize that she does not like him.
(d) Forget that he would not jeopardize his self-esteem.
2. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
(a) A better understanding of Helga.
(b) An artist in the family.
(c) For Helga to marry.
(d) For Helga to leave.
3. Helga remembers her mother being
4. Helga Crane loves
(a) Classical music.
(b) Being black and educated.
(d) Beauty and beautiful things.
5. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(b) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(c) Not be mad at her.
(d) Forget her past in Harlem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
3. Helga projects a sense of
4. Once again, Helga realizes that
5. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)