|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The snobbery of New York city.
(b) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(c) Helga's worst stereotype.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
2. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is worried.
(b) Is disappointed.
(c) Is indifferent.
(d) Is upset.
3. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(d) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
4. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(b) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(c) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(d) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
5. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
2. Helga's step-siblings were
3. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
4. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)