|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga could never marry
(a) An artist.
(b) A Dane.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
2. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
(a) Is fulfilled.
(b) Is oppressed.
(c) Is extinguished.
(d) Is more in perspective.
3. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(b) Have been bought from museums.
(c) Are old and dusty.
(d) Are too modern for her home.
4. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(b) At a health meeting in a church.
(c) At a local restaurant.
(d) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
5. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her sense of morality.
(b) Her fine education.
(c) Her good breeding.
(d) The facade she wears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga found her job with the help of
2. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
3. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
4. What Helga respects in Audrey is
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)