|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Not be mad at her.
(b) Forget her past in Harlem.
(c) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(d) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
2. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(b) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(c) Teach small children.
(d) Clean a large, beautiful home.
3. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
4. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Her spirituality.
(b) Anne's house.
(c) Her job.
5. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) White children.
(b) Mulatto children.
(c) Black children.
(d) Danish children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga finally finds work as
2. Helga's aunt resembles
3. Helga has trouble finding work because she
4. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
5. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)