|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her irritable.
(b) Make her want to serve her race.
(c) Excite her.
(d) Bore and exasperate her.
2. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
(a) Totally expected.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) Comic relief.
(d) A waste of time.
3. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Angry and wants to leave.
(b) Fulfilled in her job.
(c) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(d) Passionate about children.
4. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(b) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
(c) It was not spontaneous.
(d) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Her career goals.
(d) Robert Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
3. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
4. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
5. Helga has trouble finding work because she
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)