|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A negotiator.
(b) A loser in Harlem.
(c) Still in love with Helga.
(d) A frightened man.
2. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) A mocking likeness.
(b) Exotic and wild.
(c) Demure and soft.
(d) Exact and lifelike.
3. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She resents him.
(c) She longs for Naxos.
(d) She wishes he would leave New York.
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) The differences in their races would come between them.
(b) In the future, they will marry.
(c) His racism will catch up with him.
(d) He will learn to love all black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
2. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
3. Anne Grey symbolizes
4. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
5. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)