|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga could never marry
(a) An artist.
(b) A Dane.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
2. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her skin is fair.
(b) Her hair is blonde.
(c) She is an aggressive woman.
(d) She is a black activist.
3. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Energized enthusiasm.
(b) Cynicism and disgust.
(c) Irritable disrespect.
(d) Mild interest.
4. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
(a) Make him jealous.
(b) Get him matched up with Anne.
(c) Arrange never to see him again.
(d) Set him straight regarding their talk in Naxos.
5. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(b) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(c) Take another position on the faculty.
(d) Marry James Vayle and have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
2. Helga considers Negro society to be
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
4. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)