|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
(a) A peacock.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A pet dog.
2. The remade green velvet dress
(a) Covered Helga from head to toe.
(b) Was made blousy and full.
(c) Was heavy and obtrusive.
(d) Exposed more of Helga's body.
3. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Marry James Vayle and have children.
(b) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(c) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(d) Take another position on the faculty.
4. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) A blurr of color and light.
(b) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
(c) The absurdity of her situation.
(d) The beauty of her race.
5. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(b) Has dishonorable intentions.
(c) Is a rebel and a loner.
(d) Is a well-known gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
2. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
3. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
5. Helga is angry at herself because
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)