|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Eighteen and Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) A more secure outlook.
(b) A stronger sense of her self.
(c) Anxiety and tension.
(d) Dullness and aversion.
2. Helga has trouble finding work because she
(a) Is too persistent.
(b) Has no references.
(c) Knows no one in Chicago.
(d) Tries too hard.
3. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
(a) Glad that he has rejected her.
(b) Realize that she does not like him.
(c) Forget that he would not jeopardize his self-esteem.
(d) Consider marrying James Vayle.
4. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
5. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will be attractive.
(b) Will not accept her.
(c) Will be black.
(d) Will be like Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
2. Margaret Creighton is
3. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
4. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
5. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)