|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) Her feelings are hurt.
(b) She does not want to fit in.
(c) She loves to travel.
(d) She is better than these people.
2. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
(b) At a health meeting in a church.
(c) At a health seminar at her employer's.
(d) At a local restaurant.
3. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Have been bought from museums.
(b) Are too modern for her home.
(c) Are old and dusty.
(d) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
4. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Turn her attention to another man.
(b) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(c) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(d) Date within her own race.
5. Margaret Creighton is
(a) A lost soul.
(b) Afraid Helga might be ill.
(c) Concerned for Helga's career.
(d) Worried about losing her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's false pride masks her
2. One of the duties of her new job is to
3. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)