|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(b) Turn her attention to another man.
(c) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(d) Date within her own race.
2. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Helga's mother.
(b) Uncle Peter.
(c) Helga's father.
(d) Audrey Denny.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) The relationship between the two.
(b) That her mother was white.
(c) Her teaching background.
(d) That her mother has died.
4. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) Anxiety and tension.
(b) A stronger sense of her self.
(c) Dullness and aversion.
(d) A more secure outlook.
5. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Revolutionary thoughts.
(d) Determination to make it on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
2. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
3. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
4. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
5. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)