|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga found her job with the help of
(a) The local YWCA.
(b) A small personnel agency.
(c) Mrs. Haye-Rore.
(d) A teacher in downtown Chicago.
2. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Wanted her to join their clubs.
(b) Ignored her skin color.
(c) Wanted to see her dance.
(d) Admired her color and hair.
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her superiority.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her anger.
4. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her want to serve her race.
(b) Bore and exasperate her.
(c) Make her irritable.
(d) Excite her.
5. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) Exact and lifelike.
(b) Demure and soft.
(c) A mocking likeness.
(d) Exotic and wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the duties of her new job is to
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
3. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)