|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(b) Determination to make it on her own.
(c) Revolutionary thoughts.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
2. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) She is better than these people.
(b) Her feelings are hurt.
(c) She loves to travel.
(d) She does not want to fit in.
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The stubbornness of a mule.
(c) The determination of a white woman.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
4. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(b) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
(c) Dislikes her.
(d) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
5. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(b) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(c) She is appalled and disgusted.
(d) The story strikes a familiar note.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
2. Anne Grey symbolizes
3. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
4. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
5. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)