|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her hair is blonde.
(b) Her skin is fair.
(c) She is a black activist.
(d) She is an aggressive woman.
2. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Helga's mother.
(b) Helga's father.
(c) Audrey Denny.
(d) Uncle Peter.
3. Helga takes the time to
(a) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(b) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(c) Scrub the floors and windows.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
4. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Wanted to see her dance.
(b) Admired her color and hair.
(c) Ignored her skin color.
(d) Wanted her to join their clubs.
5. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
(b) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(c) Her incredible talent for dancing.
(d) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
2. Helga considers Negro society to be
3. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
4. One of the duties of her new job is to
5. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)