|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) Her fine education.
(b) The facade she wears.
(c) Her good breeding.
(d) Her sense of morality.
2. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Sticking together.
(b) Denigrating white people.
(c) Wanting to be white.
(d) Being walked on by whites.
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The grace of an African.
4. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Dislikes her.
(b) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(c) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
(d) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
5. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Ashamed of her self.
(b) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
(c) Anger at Anne for her race.
(d) Hatred for the Negro performers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga found her job with the help of
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
3. Helga could never marry
4. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
5. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)