|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) Helga's worst stereotype.
(b) What Helga wishes to be.
(c) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(d) The snobbery of New York city.
2. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Unusual and fearsome.
(b) Odd and almost frightening.
(c) Somewhat sleazy.
(d) Amazing and marvelous.
3. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
4. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not a jungle animal.
(b) She is not an African American.
(c) She is of Danish descent.
(d) She does not like to dance.
5. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The soul of a prostitute.
(b) The grace of an African.
(c) The determination of a white woman.
(d) The stubbornness of a mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
4. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
5. Helga takes the time to
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)