|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Wanting to be white.
(b) Sticking together.
(c) Denigrating white people.
(d) Being walked on by whites.
2. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is determined.
(c) She wants her to disappear.
(d) She is happy.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) A struggling actress.
4. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(b) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(c) The story strikes a familiar note.
(d) She is appalled and disgusted.
5. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
(a) Set him straight regarding their talk in Naxos.
(b) Make him jealous.
(c) Get him matched up with Anne.
(d) Arrange never to see him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
2. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
4. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
5. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)