|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(c) Poor quality.
2. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) She does not want to fit in.
(b) She loves to travel.
(c) She is better than these people.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
3. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Feels only sympathy for her.
(b) Seems to withdraw from her.
(c) Admonishes her for sharing.
(d) Reacts with anger toward her.
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) A struggling actress.
(d) An activist for the Negro cause.
5. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
(b) Her incredible talent for dancing.
(c) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(d) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is possible that Helga Crane is
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
3. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
4. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)