|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was fair-skinned.
(b) Her attitude was superior.
(c) She was not good looking.
(d) She was not very smart.
2. Helga wishes that the school would not
(a) Seek government funding.
(b) Advertise itself as a school for blacks.
(c) Suppress the true nature of its students.
(d) Try to be something it is not.
3. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
(a) At a health meeting in a church.
(b) At a local restaurant.
(c) At an insurance conference in Harlem.
(d) At a health seminar at her employer's.
4. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) Her feelings are hurt.
(b) She does not want to fit in.
(c) She loves to travel.
(d) She is better than these people.
5. Helga's false pride masks her
(b) Cruel nature.
(c) Lack of taste.
(d) Insecurity and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
2. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
3. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
4. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
5. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)