|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She has a better place in society.
(b) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(c) She has abandoned her family.
(d) Her family was wealthy at one time.
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She is simply cruel and evil.
(b) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
(c) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(d) She does not believe Helga.
3. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A teacher.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A personal assistant.
(d) A librarian.
4. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
(a) She resents him.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She wishes he would leave New York.
(d) She longs for Naxos.
5. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her irritable.
(b) Bore and exasperate her.
(c) Excite her.
(d) Make her want to serve her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
2. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
3. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
4. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)