|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Robert Anderson.
(d) Her career goals.
2. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A teacher.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A personal assistant.
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) A blurr of color and light.
(b) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
(c) The beauty of her race.
(d) The absurdity of her situation.
4. Katrina would like Helga to
(a) Be attracted to Axel Olsen.
(b) Make more friends.
(c) Stay with her forever.
(d) Be less flambouyant.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
2. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
3. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
4. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
5. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)