|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
(a) Set him straight regarding their talk in Naxos.
(b) Arrange never to see him again.
(c) Get him matched up with Anne.
(d) Make him jealous.
2. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her simple life in Chicago.
(b) Robert Anderson.
(c) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(d) Her career goals.
3. Helga takes the time to
(a) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(b) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(c) Scrub the floors and windows.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
4. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
(b) Her students think she is too young.
(c) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(d) Her teaching has been ineffective.
5. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The Negro race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
5. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)