|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is upset.
(b) Is worried.
(c) Is indifferent.
(d) Is disappointed.
2. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Robert Anderson.
(c) Her simple life in Chicago.
(d) Her wish to stay with Anne.
3. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(a) Too sensitive.
4. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) As complex as white.
(b) Beneath her social status.
(c) Much easier to live with than white.
(d) Simple and straightforward.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her grief.
(c) Her superiority.
(d) Her depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
3. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)