|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Bore and exasperate her.
(b) Excite her.
(c) Make her irritable.
(d) Make her want to serve her race.
2. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(b) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(c) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(d) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
3. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Feels only sympathy for her.
(b) Seems to withdraw from her.
(c) Reacts with anger toward her.
(d) Admonishes her for sharing.
4. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
(a) She knows he will take her in.
(b) Her mother would have wanted it.
(c) Her father's wealth has disappeared.
(d) Her father's relatives hate her.
5. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Black children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) Mulatto children.
(d) White children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
2. One of the duties of her new job is to
3. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)