|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
(b) She is angry to be black.
(c) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
(d) She misses her aunt and uncle.
2. Helga projects a sense of
3. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Revolutionary thoughts.
(b) Determination to make it on her own.
(c) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
4. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) The beauty of her race.
(b) A blurr of color and light.
(c) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
(d) The absurdity of her situation.
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(b) Desperate to be married.
(c) Too irritable to have a relationship.
(d) In love with Dr. Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
2. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
3. Helga's step-siblings were
4. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
5. Helga wishes that the school would not
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)