|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) Helga's worst stereotype.
(b) What Helga wishes to be.
(c) The snobbery of New York city.
(d) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
2. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) An insurance firm.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A retail store.
(d) A factory.
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is upset.
(b) Is disappointed.
(c) Is indifferent.
(d) Is worried.
4. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(b) Are old and dusty.
(c) Are too modern for her home.
(d) Have been bought from museums.
5. Helga feels the school's intention is to
(a) Teach the children arts and crafts.
(b) Preserve the Negro culture.
(c) Pave the way for college students.
(d) Turn black children into white children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
2. Helga has found peace and contentment in
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
4. What Helga respects in Audrey is
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)