|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She is angry to be black.
(b) She misses her aunt and uncle.
(c) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
(d) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
2. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) A retail store.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A factory.
(d) An insurance firm.
3. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She wanted to stay.
(b) She feels she told half-truths.
(c) She feels she confided too much to him.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
4. Helga takes the time to
(a) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(b) Scrub the floors and windows.
(c) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
5. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(b) She remembers that she likes being white.
(c) She begins to miss her mother.
(d) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
2. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
3. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
4. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
5. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)