|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Anne's house.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her spirituality.
2. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Stay out of Harlem.
(b) Keep to herself.
(c) Reject blacks.
(d) Hate white people.
3. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She does not like to dance.
(b) She is of Danish descent.
(c) She is not a jungle animal.
(d) She is not an African American.
4. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) Her teaching has been ineffective.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) Her students think she is too young.
(d) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
5. Helga Crane loves
(b) Classical music.
(c) Being black and educated.
(d) Beauty and beautiful things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga has trouble finding work because she
2. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
3. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
4. Helga projects a sense of
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)