|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret Creighton is
(a) Afraid Helga might be ill.
(b) Concerned for Helga's career.
(c) A lost soul.
(d) Worried about losing her job.
2. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) She is a black activist.
(b) Her skin is fair.
(c) She is an aggressive woman.
(d) Her hair is blonde.
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) A law firm.
(b) A retail store.
(c) A factory.
(d) An insurance firm.
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) A struggling actress.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) An administrator for Chicago schools.
5. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Mulatto children.
(b) White children.
(c) Danish children.
(d) Black children.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
2. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
5. Helga has found peace and contentment in
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)