|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels the school's intention is to
(a) Teach the children arts and crafts.
(b) Pave the way for college students.
(c) Preserve the Negro culture.
(d) Turn black children into white children.
2. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It was not spontaneous.
(b) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(c) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(d) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
3. Helga wishes that the school would not
(a) Suppress the true nature of its students.
(b) Seek government funding.
(c) Advertise itself as a school for blacks.
(d) Try to be something it is not.
4. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
(a) Wishes she would marry him.
(b) Is warm and inviting.
(c) Disapproves of her.
(d) Is spiteful and petty.
5. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(a) Too sensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is angry at herself because
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
3. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
4. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)