|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She stopped having children.
(b) She married a white man.
(c) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(d) She moved to Denmark.
2. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
(a) Her mother would have wanted it.
(b) Her father's wealth has disappeared.
(c) Her father's relatives hate her.
(d) She knows he will take her in.
3. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(b) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(c) Dislikes her.
(d) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is determined.
(c) She wants her to disappear.
(d) She is ashamed.
5. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(d) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
2. Anne Grey symbolizes
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
5. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)