|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She stopped having children.
(b) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(c) She married a white man.
(d) She moved to Denmark.
2. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(b) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(c) Dislikes her.
(d) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
3. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Seems to withdraw from her.
(b) Feels only sympathy for her.
(c) Admonishes her for sharing.
(d) Reacts with anger toward her.
4. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(b) Poor quality.
5. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) The story strikes a familiar note.
(b) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(c) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(d) She is appalled and disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
2. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
4. Helga's false pride masks her
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)