|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Feels only sympathy for her.
(b) Reacts with anger toward her.
(c) Admonishes her for sharing.
(d) Seems to withdraw from her.
2. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Her spirituality.
(b) Her job.
(c) Anne's house.
3. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Stay out of Harlem.
(b) Hate white people.
(c) Keep to herself.
(d) Reject blacks.
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
(a) In peace.
(b) After a long illness.
(c) At his own hand.
5. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) Helga's worst stereotype.
(b) The snobbery of New York city.
(c) What Helga wishes to be.
(d) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers Negro society to be
2. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
5. Helga takes the time to
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)