|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The Negro race.
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
(b) She wanted to stay.
(c) She feels she told half-truths.
(d) She feels she confided too much to him.
3. Helga found her job with the help of
(a) Mrs. Haye-Rore.
(b) A small personnel agency.
(c) A teacher in downtown Chicago.
(d) The local YWCA.
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
(a) The facade she wears.
(b) Her good breeding.
(c) Her sense of morality.
(d) Her fine education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne does not know that Helga
2. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
3. Helga wishes that the school would not
4. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)