|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(c) Poor quality.
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Seems to withdraw from her.
(b) Feels only sympathy for her.
(c) Reacts with anger toward her.
(d) Admonishes her for sharing.
3. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(b) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(c) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(d) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
4. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not good looking.
(b) She was not very smart.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
5. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(b) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(c) Teach small children.
(d) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga wishes that the school would not
2. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
3. Helga takes the time to
4. Helga feels the school's intention is to
5. Helga has found peace and contentment in
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)