|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
(a) At the local YWCA.
(b) At the local golf club.
(c) With a roommate in an apartment.
(d) With an old friend.
2. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She stopped having children.
(b) She married a white man.
(c) She moved to Denmark.
(d) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
3. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(d) Poor quality.
4. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Take another position on the faculty.
(b) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(c) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(d) Marry James Vayle and have children.
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not an African American.
(b) She does not like to dance.
(c) She is of Danish descent.
(d) She is not a jungle animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
4. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)