|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
(a) Disapproves of her.
(b) Is spiteful and petty.
(c) Wishes she would marry him.
(d) Is warm and inviting.
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Irritable disrespect.
(b) Cynicism and disgust.
(c) Mild interest.
(d) Energized enthusiasm.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A struggling actress.
(c) An activist for the Negro cause.
(d) An administrator for Chicago schools.
4. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(b) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
(c) She is simply cruel and evil.
(d) She does not believe Helga.
5. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Passionate about children.
(b) Fulfilled in her job.
(c) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(d) Angry and wants to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
2. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
3. Helga is angry at herself because
4. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)