|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
(b) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(c) Dislikes her.
(d) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
2. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Cruel nature.
(b) Lack of taste.
(d) Insecurity and pain.
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) A factory.
(b) An insurance firm.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A retail store.
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
(b) She is angry to be black.
(c) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
(d) She misses her aunt and uncle.
5. Helga projects a sense of
Short Answer Questions
1. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
3. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
4. Helga considers Negro society to be
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)