|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(b) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(c) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(d) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Reacts with anger toward her.
(b) Admonishes her for sharing.
(c) Seems to withdraw from her.
(d) Feels only sympathy for her.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) The relationship between the two.
(b) That her mother was white.
(c) Her teaching background.
(d) That her mother has died.
4. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(b) She is simply cruel and evil.
(c) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
(d) She does not believe Helga.
5. Helga Crane loves
(b) Beauty and beautiful things.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Being black and educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga gets a job in New York at
2. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
3. Margaret Creighton is
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)