|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
(a) A real success.
(b) Well thought of.
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) That her mother was white.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) The relationship between the two.
(d) Her teaching background.
3. Helga projects a sense of
4. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Insecurity and pain.
(b) Lack of taste.
(c) Cruel nature.
5. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels the school's intention is to
2. One of the duties of her new job is to
3. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
5. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)