|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(d) Poor quality.
2. Helga resents the authority structure's tendency to be
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) Her teaching background.
(b) The relationship between the two.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That her mother was white.
4. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Insecurity and pain.
(b) Lack of taste.
(c) Cruel nature.
5. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) The staff is dependent upon her.
(b) She does not fit in.
(c) She dislikes her students.
(d) She hates James Vayle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
2. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
3. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
4. Anne Grey symbolizes
5. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)