|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Is a well-known gossip.
(b) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(c) Is a rebel and a loner.
(d) Has dishonorable intentions.
2. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(b) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(c) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
(d) It was not spontaneous.
3. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Passionate about children.
(b) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(c) Fulfilled in her job.
(d) Angry and wants to leave.
4. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She was born there.
(b) She remembers going there as a child.
(c) She worked in the factories there.
(d) Her grandmother is there.
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) The relationship between the two.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) That her mother was white.
(d) Her teaching background.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
2. Helga found her job with the help of
3. Helga projects a sense of
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
5. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)