|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga has trouble finding work because she
(a) Is too persistent.
(b) Knows no one in Chicago.
(c) Tries too hard.
(d) Has no references.
2. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
(a) Her father's relatives hate her.
(b) She knows he will take her in.
(c) Her father's wealth has disappeared.
(d) Her mother would have wanted it.
3. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(d) Too sensitive.
4. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(b) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(c) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
(d) It was not spontaneous.
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's false pride masks her
2. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
3. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
5. Helga feels the school's intention is to
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)