|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga projects a sense of
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She feels she confided too much to him.
(b) She wanted to stay.
(c) She feels she told half-truths.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
3. Helga found her job with the help of
(a) The local YWCA.
(b) A small personnel agency.
(c) A teacher in downtown Chicago.
(d) Mrs. Haye-Rore.
4. Helga Crane loves
(a) Classical music.
(b) Beauty and beautiful things.
(c) Being black and educated.
5. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
(b) Her students think she is too young.
(c) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(d) Her teaching has been ineffective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga remembers her mother being
2. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
3. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
4. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
5. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)