|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(b) She married a white man.
(c) She moved to Denmark.
(d) She stopped having children.
2. Helga projects a sense of
3. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Black children.
(b) White children.
(c) Mulatto children.
(d) Danish children.
4. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) Her teaching has been ineffective.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
(d) Her students think she is too young.
5. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has dishonorable intentions.
(b) Is a rebel and a loner.
(c) Is a well-known gossip.
(d) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's false pride masks her
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
3. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
5. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)