|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(b) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
(c) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(d) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
2. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She wants her to disappear.
(c) She is determined.
(d) She is ashamed.
3. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Revolutionary thoughts.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Anger toward all white people.
(d) Determination to make it on her own.
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(b) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(c) She has abandoned her family.
(d) She has a better place in society.
5. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Simple and straightforward.
(b) Much easier to live with than white.
(c) Beneath her social status.
(d) As complex as white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga projects a sense of
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
3. Helga's step-siblings were
4. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
5. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)