|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) Helga's worst stereotype.
(b) The snobbery of New York city.
(c) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
2. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(b) Fulfilled in her job.
(c) Passionate about children.
(d) Angry and wants to leave.
3. Helga Crane loves
(b) Being black and educated.
(c) Beauty and beautiful things.
(d) Classical music.
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
(a) After a long illness.
(c) In peace.
(d) At his own hand.
5. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She does not believe Helga.
(b) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(c) She is simply cruel and evil.
(d) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's step-siblings were
2. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
3. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
4. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
5. Margaret Creighton is
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)