|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) Her students think she is too young.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) Her teaching has been ineffective.
(d) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
2. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
(a) Too sensitive.
3. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Fulfilled in her job.
(b) Passionate about children.
(c) Angry and wants to leave.
(d) Perfectly content and relaxed.
4. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(b) The snobbery of New York city.
(c) Helga's worst stereotype.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) That her mother has died.
(b) Her teaching background.
(c) The relationship between the two.
(d) That her mother was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
3. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
5. Margaret Creighton is
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)