|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She is simply cruel and evil.
(b) She does not believe Helga.
(c) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(d) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
2. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(b) The snobbery of New York city.
(c) Helga's worst stereotype.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
3. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her hair is blonde.
(b) She is a black activist.
(c) Her skin is fair.
(d) She is an aggressive woman.
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
(a) At his own hand.
(b) After a long illness.
(d) In peace.
5. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
(a) Well thought of.
(c) A real success.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
2. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
3. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
4. Helga considers Negro society to be
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)