|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) Her attitude was superior.
(c) She was not good looking.
(d) She was fair-skinned.
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has dishonorable intentions.
(b) Is a rebel and a loner.
(c) Is a well-known gossip.
(d) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
3. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
4. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
(a) Her hair is blonde.
(b) She is a black activist.
(c) She is an aggressive woman.
(d) Her skin is fair.
5. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
(b) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
(c) She does not believe Helga.
(d) She is simply cruel and evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
2. Helga decides to ask her maternal uncle for help because
3. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
4. Helga found her job with the help of
5. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)