|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga found her job with the help of
(a) A small personnel agency.
(b) The local YWCA.
(c) A teacher in downtown Chicago.
(d) Mrs. Haye-Rore.
2. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(b) Helga's worst stereotype.
(c) What Helga wishes to be.
(d) The snobbery of New York city.
3. Helga wishes that the school would not
(a) Seek government funding.
(b) Try to be something it is not.
(c) Suppress the true nature of its students.
(d) Advertise itself as a school for blacks.
4. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
5. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She has abandoned her family.
(b) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(c) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(d) She has a better place in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga projects a sense of
2. Helga is sure that James Vayle's family
3. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
4. Helga feels the school's intention is to
5. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)