|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
(a) It was about the persecution of blacks.
(b) It pressed ideas onto the students about God.
(c) It was not spontaneous.
(d) She feels it was rude and inappropriate.
2. Helga is angry at herself because
(a) Her students think she is too young.
(b) Her colleagues like their jobs.
(c) Her teaching has been ineffective.
(d) She is too beautiful to be a teacher.
3. Helga feels the school's intention is to
(a) Pave the way for college students.
(b) Teach the children arts and crafts.
(c) Turn black children into white children.
(d) Preserve the Negro culture.
4. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(b) Take another position on the faculty.
(c) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(d) Marry James Vayle and have children.
5. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels she does not fit in with this community because
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
3. Helga Crane loves
4. Helga's step-siblings were
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)