|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Six and Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Teach small children.
(b) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(c) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(d) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
2. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(b) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(c) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
(d) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
3. In her lovely room at Naxos, Helga is
(a) Passionate about children.
(b) Perfectly content and relaxed.
(c) Angry and wants to leave.
(d) Fulfilled in her job.
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Feels only sympathy for her.
(b) Admonishes her for sharing.
(c) Reacts with anger toward her.
(d) Seems to withdraw from her.
5. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She wanted to stay.
(b) She feels she confided too much to him.
(c) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
(d) She feels she told half-truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sermon heard earlier affects Helga because
2. Helga gets a job in New York at
3. Helga found her job with the help of
4. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
5. Helga wishes that the school would not
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)