Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(b) Blissful motherhood.
2. Helga feels the school's intention is to
(a) Preserve the Negro culture.
(b) Turn black children into white children.
(c) Pave the way for college students.
(d) Teach the children arts and crafts.
3. Helga chooses to remain
(a) In her unhappy situation.
(b) In Alabama with her beloved husband.
(c) Bedridden for as long as she can.
(d) A servant of God.
4. Helga projects a sense of
5. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(b) Having both God and man.
(c) Hurting James Vayle.
(d) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
2. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
3. Helga's false pride masks her
4. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
5. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)