|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(b) Forget her past in Harlem.
(c) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(d) Not be mad at her.
2. James Vayle, to whom Helga is engaged,
(a) Has assimilated into the school's culture.
(b) Is a rebel and a loner.
(c) Is a well-known gossip.
(d) Has dishonorable intentions.
3. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) Exotic and wild.
(b) Demure and soft.
(c) Exact and lifelike.
(d) A mocking likeness.
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(b) She has a better place in society.
(c) She has abandoned her family.
(d) She comes from questionable circumstances.
5. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
(a) Help with Helga's bags.
(b) Translate for Helga's new uncle.
(c) Satisfy their curiosity.
(d) Greet Helga in Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
3. Helga projects a sense of
4. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
5. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)