|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Ten and Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Wanted to see her dance.
(b) Wanted her to join their clubs.
(c) Ignored her skin color.
(d) Admired her color and hair.
2. Helga Crane loves
(a) Classical music.
(c) Beauty and beautiful things.
(d) Being black and educated.
3. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(b) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
(c) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Her incredible talent for dancing.
4. Helga considers Negro society to be
(a) Beneath her social status.
(b) Simple and straightforward.
(c) Much easier to live with than white.
(d) As complex as white.
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is disappointed.
(b) Is indifferent.
(c) Is worried.
(d) Is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
3. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
4. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
5. Helga is tired of black people
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)