|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a personality trait of Clare's that stands out in Irene's mind?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her affection.
(c) Her selflessness.
(d) Her energy.
2. James Vayle is clearly
(a) Still in love with Helga.
(b) A negotiator.
(c) A loser in Harlem.
(d) A frightened man.
3. Irene Redfield does not
(a) Reveal to anyone that she is black.
(b) Try to pass as a white person.
(c) Discuss her skin color.
(d) Does not tell her sons they are black.
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she made a fool of herself.
(b) She never really liked him.
(c) That she did not tell Anne.
(d) Her broken relationship with Anne.
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) A struggling actress.
(d) An entertainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
2. Helga feels that at Naxos she is
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
4. Where would Brian prefer to live?
5. Helga is tired of black people
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)