|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga remembers her mother being
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
(a) At his own hand.
(b) In peace.
(c) After a long illness.
3. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
(b) Asked Irene to leave.
(c) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
(d) Claimed he had Negro blood.
4. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Distanced herself from Helga.
(b) Rejected Helga completely.
(c) Begun to drink heavily.
(d) Become overly-protective.
5. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
(a) Foreshadows her affair with Brian.
(b) Makes Irene feel sorry for her.
(c) Makes Irene want her away from the children.
(d) Is just Clare being manipulative again.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Vayle is clearly
2. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
3. One of the duties of her new job is to
4. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
5. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)