|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(b) Desperate to be married.
(c) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Too irritable to have a relationship.
2. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Determination to make it on her own.
(c) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(d) Revolutionary thoughts.
3. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Unusual and fearsome.
(b) Somewhat sleazy.
(c) Amazing and marvelous.
(d) Odd and almost frightening.
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She wants her to disappear.
(d) She is determined.
5. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(b) Have been bought from museums.
(c) Are old and dusty.
(d) Are too modern for her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
2. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
3. Helga's aunt resembles
4. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
5. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)