|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) Her grandmother is there.
(b) She was born there.
(c) She worked in the factories there.
(d) She remembers going there as a child.
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The stubbornness of a mule.
(b) The determination of a white woman.
(c) The grace of an African.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
4. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Rejected Helga completely.
(b) Begun to drink heavily.
(c) Distanced herself from Helga.
(d) Become overly-protective.
5. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave Pastor Green.
(c) Flee to Naxos.
(d) Re-commit to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
2. Helga found her job with the help of
3. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
4. Brian demands that Irene not
5. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)