|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Claimed he had Negro blood.
(b) Asked Irene to leave.
(c) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
(d) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
2. What animal image comes to Irene's mind when considering Clare?
(a) A lion.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A cat.
(d) A fox.
3. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Marry James Vayle and have children.
(b) Take another position on the faculty.
(c) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(d) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
4. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Teach small children.
(b) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(c) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(d) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
5. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) For everyone to have at least one child.
(b) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
(c) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(d) For Helga to be married and settled down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
2. Clare is upset that she will have to leave New York to
3. What does Clare's stationery say about her?
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
5. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)