|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whrn speaking with Hugh Wentworth at the dance, Irene
(a) Discloses all she knows about Clare.
(b) Is embarrassed about bringing Clare.
(c) Complains about Brian.
(d) Does not tell him Clare is black.
2. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(b) Too irritable to have a relationship.
(c) Desperate to be married.
(d) Ready to settle down with anyone.
3. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
4. Clare married her husband because
(a) She wanted children.
(b) He has money.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She wanted a banker.
5. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Are too modern for her home.
(b) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(c) Have been bought from museums.
(d) Are old and dusty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
2. Back in Harlem, Anne has
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
4. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
5. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)