|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is determined.
(b) She wants her to disappear.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is ashamed.
2. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Danish children.
(b) Black children.
(c) White children.
(d) Mulatto children.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An activist for the Negro cause.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(d) A struggling actress.
4. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her irritable.
(b) Make her want to serve her race.
(c) Excite her.
(d) Bore and exasperate her.
5. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Being walked on by whites.
(b) Denigrating white people.
(c) Wanting to be white.
(d) Sticking together.
Short Answer Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
2. Why does Irene bring up Junior's exposure to sexually tainted jokes?
3. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
5. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)