|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Stay out of Harlem.
(b) Hate white people.
(c) Reject blacks.
(d) Keep to herself.
2. Irene allowing Clare into the private rooms of the house symbolizes
(a) Irene's wish that Clare will love her sons.
(b) Irene allowing herself to be vulnerable.
(c) Irene's invitation to invade her family.
(d) Irene's desire to show Clare her wealth.
3. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Ready to receive God.
(b) Wishing to find friends.
(c) Looking for a way to die.
(d) Wet and disoriented.
4. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) For everyone to have at least one child.
(b) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(c) For Helga to be married and settled down.
(d) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
5. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She was born there.
(b) She remembers going there as a child.
(c) She worked in the factories there.
(d) Her grandmother is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
2. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
3. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
5. Once again, Helga realizes that
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)