|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
2. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(b) That she did not tell Anne.
(c) She never really liked him.
(d) That she made a fool of herself.
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The determination of a white woman.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The grace of an African.
4. What is a personality trait of Clare's that stands out in Irene's mind?
(a) Her selflessness.
(b) Her affection.
(c) Her energy.
(d) Her anger.
5. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(b) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
(c) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(d) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
2. Helga gets a job in New York at
3. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
4. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
5. Helga's most recent infant
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)