|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(a) Extremely depressed.
(b) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(c) Free to pursue others.
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(b) Are old and dusty.
(c) Are too modern for her home.
(d) Have been bought from museums.
3. One of the duties of her new job is to
(a) Clean a large, beautiful home.
(b) Teach small children.
(c) Read to Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
(d) Travel with Mrs. Hayes-Rore.
4. What is the implication that surrounds Clare's rich white male companions?
(a) They find Clare to be a good dancer.
(b) They find Clare to be a hard worker.
(c) They are paying a good price for Clare's company.
(d) They pay Clare for housekeeping.
5. Helga chooses to remain
(a) Bedridden for as long as she can.
(b) A servant of God.
(c) In Alabama with her beloved husband.
(d) In her unhappy situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
2. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
4. Helga leaves Denmark with the expectation of
5. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)