|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) Dullness and aversion.
(b) A more secure outlook.
(c) Anxiety and tension.
(d) A stronger sense of her self.
2. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(b) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(c) Turn her attention to another man.
(d) Date within her own race.
3. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Revolutionary thoughts.
4. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Her spirituality.
(b) Anne's house.
(c) Her job.
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
Short Answer Questions
1. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
2. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
3. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
4. Helga's most recent infant
5. Brian's comments about sex being a joke indicate that
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)