|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga projects a sense of
2. Margaret Creighton is
(a) A lost soul.
(b) Worried about losing her job.
(c) Afraid Helga might be ill.
(d) Concerned for Helga's career.
3. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Wanting to be white.
(b) Denigrating white people.
(c) Sticking together.
(d) Being walked on by whites.
4. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A frightened man.
(b) A loser in Harlem.
(c) A negotiator.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
5. What did Clare's aunts do to her?
(a) Forced her to learn to cook.
(b) Tortured her with religion.
(c) Made her care for them in their old age.
(d) Used her father against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
2. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
3. The Fishers arrive at the boat in order to
4. Clare cries at the end of Chapter 4
5. Clare married her husband because
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)