|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trait of Clare's that gossipers have mentioned to Irene?
(a) Clare's having way.
(b) Clare's vulnerability.
(c) Clare's gregarious nature.
(d) Clare's standoffishness.
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her grief.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her superiority.
3. Clare married her husband because
(a) She wanted children.
(b) She loves him.
(c) He has money.
(d) She wanted a banker.
4. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was fair-skinned.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) Her attitude was superior.
(d) She was not very smart.
5. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(b) For everyone to have at least one child.
(c) For Helga to be married and settled down.
(d) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
2. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
3. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
4. Does Irene want Clare in her life again?
5. Helga could never marry
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)