|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
(a) Must have earrings.
(b) Needs higher heels.
(c) Needs more makeup.
(d) Needs a better hairdo.
2. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Determination to make it on her own.
(b) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(c) Revolutionary thoughts.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
3. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
4. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Turn her attention to another man.
(b) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(c) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
(d) Date within her own race.
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An entertainer.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(d) A struggling actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rejection Helga held earlier for America has turned to
2. Anne secretly knows that Dr. Anderson might
3. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
4. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
5. The remade green velvet dress
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)