|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare cries at the end of Chapter 4
(a) Because she plans to hurt the children.
(b) Because she knows she is leaving.
(c) Because she is so happy to be there.
(d) For reasons we do not yet know.
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) Her teaching background.
(b) The relationship between the two.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That her mother was white.
3. Anne Grey symbolizes
(a) The snobbery of New York city.
(b) The depths to which Helga has sunk.
(c) Helga's worst stereotype.
(d) What Helga wishes to be.
4. In Chicago, Clare's husband
(a) Denegrated and insulted the black race.
(b) Asked Irene to leave.
(c) Spoke of his unconditional love for people.
(d) Claimed he had Negro blood.
5. Once again, Helga realizes that
(a) Negroes are superior to whites.
(b) Harlem is the height of racism.
(c) Harlem is superior to Denmark.
(d) Negroes are her own people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings come up for Irene when remembering her visit with Clare in Chicago
2. The remade green velvet dress
3. Irene Redfield does not
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)