|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(b) Blissful motherhood.
2. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will not accept her.
(b) Will be black.
(c) Will be like Uncle Peter.
(d) Will be attractive.
3. Once again, Helga realizes that
(a) Negroes are superior to whites.
(b) Harlem is superior to Denmark.
(c) Negroes are her own people.
(d) Harlem is the height of racism.
4. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Somewhat sleazy.
(b) Amazing and marvelous.
(c) Unusual and fearsome.
(d) Odd and almost frightening.
5. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Distanced herself from Helga.
(b) Rejected Helga completely.
(c) Become overly-protective.
(d) Begun to drink heavily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga found her job with the help of
2. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
3. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
4. Dr. Anderson thinks that Helga's reaction to injustice is
5. What happened to Clare's father?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)