|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare married her husband because
(a) He has money.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wanted a banker.
(d) She wanted children.
2. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) A stronger sense of her self.
(b) Dullness and aversion.
(c) A more secure outlook.
(d) Anxiety and tension.
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) An insurance firm.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A retail store.
(d) A factory.
4. What the Dahls have wanted all along was
(a) An artist in the family.
(b) For Helga to leave.
(c) A better understanding of Helga.
(d) For Helga to marry.
5. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) The staff is dependent upon her.
(b) She hates James Vayle.
(c) She dislikes her students.
(d) She does not fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
2. Helga has trouble finding work because she
3. Irene allowing Clare into the private rooms of the house symbolizes
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
5. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)