|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Anger at Anne for her race.
(b) Hatred for the Negro performers.
(c) Ashamed of her self.
(d) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
2. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
3. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) The differences in their races would come between them.
(b) His racism will catch up with him.
(c) He will learn to love all black people.
(d) In the future, they will marry.
4. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
(a) Must have earrings.
(b) Needs higher heels.
(c) Needs a better hairdo.
(d) Needs more makeup.
5. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Helga's mother.
(b) Audrey Denny.
(c) Helga's father.
(d) Uncle Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clare is upset that she will have to leave New York to
2. The remade green velvet dress
3. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
5. Why is Irene offended by Clare's use of a PO Box for a return address?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)