|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Energized enthusiasm.
(b) Irritable disrespect.
(c) Cynicism and disgust.
(d) Mild interest.
2. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
(a) She rejects Green's advances.
(b) She prays for redemption.
(c) She begins to give birth to her fifth child.
(d) She packs up to leave.
3. Helga's attempt to overcome her loneliness in Harlem has resulted in
(a) A stronger sense of her self.
(b) Dullness and aversion.
(c) A more secure outlook.
(d) Anxiety and tension.
4. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
(a) A pet dog.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A dinosaur.
5. When it comes to Clare's motives, Irene is
Short Answer Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
2. Irene allowing Clare into the private rooms of the house symbolizes
3. Helga thinks she has now
4. Clare's admission that she is lacking in morals
5. Dr. Anderson has assumed that Helga's good qualities are due to
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)