|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapters Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(a) The flu.
(d) The idea of of singing.
2. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) She comes from questionable circumstances.
(b) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(c) She has abandoned her family.
(d) She has a better place in society.
3. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
(a) She is simply cruel and evil.
(b) She thinks Helga dresses too loudly.
(c) She does not believe Helga.
(d) She feels Helga is not a valid member of the family.
4. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She married a white man.
(b) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(c) She stopped having children.
(d) She moved to Denmark.
5. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Ask the right questions.
(b) Give birth.
(c) Pray properly.
(d) Love her new child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clare is upset that she will have to leave New York to
2. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
3. James Vayle is clearly
4. Helga thinks she has now
5. Why does Irene feel it unsafe for Clare to come back?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)