|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Being walked on by whites.
(b) Wanting to be white.
(c) Sticking together.
(d) Denigrating white people.
2. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(b) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(c) The story strikes a familiar note.
(d) She is appalled and disgusted.
3. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) She is better than these people.
(b) She does not want to fit in.
(c) She loves to travel.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is disappointed.
(b) Is worried.
(c) Is upset.
(d) Is indifferent.
5. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Take another position on the faculty.
(b) Marry James Vayle and have children.
(c) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
(d) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga finally finds work as
2. Helga has found peace and contentment in
3. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
4. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)