|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is tired of black people
(a) Wanting to be white.
(b) Being walked on by whites.
(c) Denigrating white people.
(d) Sticking together.
2. Helga projects a sense of
3. Helga finally finds work as
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A personal assistant.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A teacher.
4. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
5. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
(a) Wear less makeup.
(b) Mind her manners.
(c) Wear brightly colored clothing.
(d) Dress in a subdued manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
4. The remade green velvet dress
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)