|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The remade green velvet dress
(a) Was heavy and obtrusive.
(b) Covered Helga from head to toe.
(c) Was made blousy and full.
(d) Exposed more of Helga's body.
2. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(d) Poor quality.
3. Helga's aunt resembles
(a) Helga's mother.
(b) Audrey Denny.
(c) Uncle Peter.
(d) Helga's father.
4. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) A struggling actress.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(d) An activist for the Negro cause.
5. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Hate white people.
(b) Stay out of Harlem.
(c) Reject blacks.
(d) Keep to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
2. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. Helga's step-siblings were
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)