|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is indifferent.
(b) Is upset.
(c) Is worried.
(d) Is disappointed.
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Energized enthusiasm.
(b) Cynicism and disgust.
(c) Mild interest.
(d) Irritable disrespect.
3. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
(a) Take another position on the faculty.
(b) Marry James Vayle and have children.
(c) Stay on and try to fix the problems at the school.
(d) Stay on in Naxos and date him.
4. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) Her feelings are hurt.
(b) She does not want to fit in.
(c) She is better than these people.
(d) She loves to travel.
5. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
(a) Her family was wealthy at one time.
(b) She has abandoned her family.
(c) She has a better place in society.
(d) She comes from questionable circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the duties of her new job is to
2. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. Helga projects a sense of
5. Helga gets a job in New York at
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)