|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her grief.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her superiority.
2. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Cruel nature.
(c) Lack of taste.
(d) Insecurity and pain.
3. Helga gets a job in New York at
(a) A retail store.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A factory.
(d) An insurance firm.
4. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
(b) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(c) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(d) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
5. Helga wants to leave Naxos because
(a) She dislikes her students.
(b) She does not fit in.
(c) The staff is dependent upon her.
(d) She hates James Vayle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
3. The husband of Mrs. Hayes-Rore died
4. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
5. Helga finally finds work as
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)