|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
(a) Unusual and fearsome.
(b) Amazing and marvelous.
(c) Odd and almost frightening.
(d) Somewhat sleazy.
2. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will be like Uncle Peter.
(b) Will be attractive.
(c) Will not accept her.
(d) Will be black.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) Her teaching background.
(b) That her mother was white.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) The relationship between the two.
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Revolutionary thoughts.
(b) Anger toward all white people.
(c) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(d) Determination to make it on her own.
5. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Robert Anderson.
(b) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(c) Her simple life in Chicago.
(d) Her career goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga has trouble finding work because she
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
3. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
4. Helga's aunt resembles
5. In her aunt' home, Helga's innate desire for things
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)