|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Determination to make it on her own.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Anger toward all white people.
(d) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
2. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Hate white people.
(b) Keep to herself.
(c) Stay out of Harlem.
(d) Reject blacks.
3. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
4. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
(a) Anne thinks Helga's mother just recently died.
(b) She has taken money from Hayes-Rore.
(c) She knows she is taking advantage of Anne.
(d) She plans to abscond with Anne's fortune.
5. Helga remembers her mother being
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
2. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
3. The painter, Herr Olsen, finds Helga's looks to be
4. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)