|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) Her grandmother is there.
(b) She remembers going there as a child.
(c) She was born there.
(d) She worked in the factories there.
2. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An entertainer.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) A struggling actress.
(d) An administrator for Chicago schools.
3. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
(b) She feels she told half-truths.
(c) She feels she confided too much to him.
(d) She wanted to stay.
4. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(b) Her job.
(c) Anne's house.
(d) Her spirituality.
5. Helga found her job with the help of
(a) A teacher in downtown Chicago.
(b) Mrs. Haye-Rore.
(c) A small personnel agency.
(d) The local YWCA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret Creighton is
2. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
3. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
4. Helga is tired of black people
5. Helga's aunt Katrina wants Helga to
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)