|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga remembers her mother being
2. Helga considers the clothing of the staff to be
(d) Poor quality.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) That her mother was white.
(b) The relationship between the two.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) Her teaching background.
4. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Desperate to be married.
(b) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(c) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Too irritable to have a relationship.
5. Helga's false pride masks her
(a) Cruel nature.
(b) Lack of taste.
(c) Insecurity and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
3. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
5. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)