|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her discomfort about not fitting in, Helga realizes
(a) She does not want to fit in.
(b) She loves to travel.
(c) Her feelings are hurt.
(d) She is better than these people.
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Are too modern for her home.
(b) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(c) Are old and dusty.
(d) Have been bought from museums.
3. The reason for Mrs. Hayes-Rore's reaction to Helga's story is that
(a) People do not talk about intermingling race.
(b) She is appalled and disgusted.
(c) She becomes quite bored with Helga's drama.
(d) The story strikes a familiar note.
4. Helga remembers her mother being
5. Helga's hidden feeling about her lack of family is
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
2. Helga is tired of black people
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
4. At the bottom of Helga's angst may be the fact that
5. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)