|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her anger.
2. When Dr. Anderson makes an assumption about her background, Helga
(a) Is glad no one knows about her lack of family.
(b) Hopes he will find her repulsive.
(c) Responds angrily with the truth about her parents.
(d) Accepts the compliment and smiles.
3. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Seems to withdraw from her.
(b) Reacts with anger toward her.
(c) Admonishes her for sharing.
(d) Feels only sympathy for her.
4. Helga projects a sense of
5. Mrs. Hayes-Rore is
(a) An entertainer.
(b) An activist for the Negro cause.
(c) An administrator for Chicago schools.
(d) A struggling actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson would hope that Helga would, instead, prefer to
2. Katrina would like Helga to
3. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
4. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)