|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was fair-skinned.
(c) She was not good looking.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
2. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her want to serve her race.
(b) Bore and exasperate her.
(c) Make her irritable.
(d) Excite her.
3. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
4. Helga tells her story to Mrs. Hayes-Rore who
(a) Seems to withdraw from her.
(b) Admonishes her for sharing.
(c) Feels only sympathy for her.
(d) Reacts with anger toward her.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her superiority.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
2. Helga remembers her mother being
3. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
5. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)