|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand - Chapters Twelve, Thirteen and Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Danish word for "black" that Helga hears in town is
2. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Her career goals.
(d) Robert Anderson.
3. Mrs. Hayes-Rore warns Helga not to mention
(a) Her teaching background.
(b) The relationship between the two.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That her mother was white.
4. It occurs to Helga that perhaps her new uncle
(a) Will be black.
(b) Will be like Uncle Peter.
(c) Will be attractive.
(d) Will not accept her.
5. Helga projects a sense of
Short Answer Questions
1. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
2. Helga feels like a criminal when she meets Anne because
3. When she is dressed for tea, Helga's uncle decides that she
4. One of the duties of her new job is to
5. Helga considers that perhaps her feelings for Dr. Anderson mean that
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)