|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The soul of a prostitute.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The determination of a white woman.
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
3. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
(a) His noble personality.
(b) Disrespect for Helga and her race.
(c) His artistic finesse.
(d) His true intentions of marrying Fru Dahl.
4. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Hate white people.
(b) Keep to herself.
(c) Stay out of Harlem.
(d) Reject blacks.
5. Helga remembers her mother being
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)