|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Are too modern for her home.
(b) Are old and dusty.
(c) Have been bought from museums.
(d) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
2. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Become overly-protective.
(b) Distanced herself from Helga.
(c) Rejected Helga completely.
(d) Begun to drink heavily.
4. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her want to serve her race.
(b) Excite her.
(c) Bore and exasperate her.
(d) Make her irritable.
5. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(b) Anne's house.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga tells Olsen that some day
2. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
3. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
4. In her illness, Helga is unable to
5. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)