|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is determined.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She wants her to disappear.
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She feels she told half-truths.
(b) She feels she confided too much to him.
(c) She wanted to stay.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
3. At the vaudeville house, Helga feels
(a) Ashamed of her self.
(b) Anger at Anne for her race.
(c) Anger toward Axel Olsen.
(d) Hatred for the Negro performers.
4. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The determination of a white woman.
(c) The stubbornness of a mule.
(d) The soul of a prostitute.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her grief.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her superiority.
(d) Her anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga's most recent infant
2. Helga could never marry
3. It is possible that Helga Crane is
4. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
5. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)