|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Mild interest.
(b) Irritable disrespect.
(c) Cynicism and disgust.
(d) Energized enthusiasm.
3. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
Short Answer Questions
1. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
2. Helga tells Olsen that some day
3. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
4. Helga could never marry
5. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)