|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She is determined.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She wants her to disappear.
2. Helga has found peace and contentment in
(a) Her spirituality.
(c) Her job.
(d) Anne's house.
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Silly and under-dressed.
(b) Young and innocent.
(c) Like a country boy.
(d) Highly principled.
4. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
(a) Consider marrying James Vayle.
(b) Realize that she does not like him.
(c) Glad that he has rejected her.
(d) Forget that he would not jeopardize his self-esteem.
5. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Have been bought from museums.
(b) Are too modern for her home.
(c) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(d) Are old and dusty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
3. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
4. Helga tells Olsen that some day
5. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)