|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
(b) Looks just like Helga.
(c) Was nursed by Clementine.
(d) Passed away after one week.
2. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(b) For Helga to be married and settled down.
(c) For everyone to have at least one child.
(d) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
3. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Irritable disrespect.
(b) Energized enthusiasm.
(c) Mild interest.
(d) Cynicism and disgust.
4. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
(a) Totally expected.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A tragedy.
(d) Comic relief.
5. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
2. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
3. Helga remembers her mother being
4. Helga could never marry
5. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)