|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Silly and under-dressed.
(b) Highly principled.
(c) Like a country boy.
(d) Young and innocent.
2. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A loser in Harlem.
(b) A negotiator.
(c) A frightened man.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
3. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her grief.
4. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
(a) Turn her attention to another man.
(b) Date within her own race.
(c) Begin a new relationship with Herr Dahl.
(d) Steal Dr. Anderson from Anne.
5. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She married a white man.
(b) She stopped having children.
(c) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(d) She moved to Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
2. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
3. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
4. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
5. It is possible that Helga Crane is
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)