|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Harlem, Anne has
(a) Distanced herself from Helga.
(b) Become overly-protective.
(c) Begun to drink heavily.
(d) Rejected Helga completely.
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She feels she told half-truths.
(b) She wanted to stay.
(c) She feels she confided too much to him.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
3. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Mulatto children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) White children.
(d) Black children.
4. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(b) Her career goals.
(c) Her simple life in Chicago.
(d) Robert Anderson.
5. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(b) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(c) Not be mad at her.
(d) Forget her past in Harlem.
Short Answer Questions
1. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
2. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
3. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
4. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
5. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)