|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She remembers going there as a child.
(b) She worked in the factories there.
(c) She was born there.
(d) Her grandmother is there.
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) Her attitude was superior.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) She was not good looking.
3. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) White children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) Black children.
(d) Mulatto children.
4. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
(b) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(c) Forget her past in Harlem.
(d) Not be mad at her.
5. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) In the future, they will marry.
(b) He will learn to love all black people.
(c) The differences in their races would come between them.
(d) His racism will catch up with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
2. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
3. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
5. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)