|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga could never marry
(a) A white man.
(b) A Dane.
(c) A black man.
(d) An artist.
2. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
(a) With an old friend.
(b) With a roommate in an apartment.
(c) At the local YWCA.
(d) At the local golf club.
3. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
(a) She wanted to stay.
(b) She feels she told half-truths.
(c) She feels she confided too much to him.
(d) She is ashamed of herself for resigning.
4. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
(a) She wants her to disappear.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is determined.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her grief.
(c) Her superiority.
(d) Her depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
2. Helga chooses to remain
3. Helga has found peace and contentment in
4. What would Helga like to accomplish with Dr. Crane?
5. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)