|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga could never marry
(a) An artist.
(b) A Dane.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She remembers going there as a child.
(b) Her grandmother is there.
(c) She worked in the factories there.
(d) She was born there.
3. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(c) Her simple life in Chicago.
(d) Robert Anderson.
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is upset.
(b) Is disappointed.
(c) Is indifferent.
(d) Is worried.
5. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her superiority.
(c) Her grief.
(d) Her anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
2. It is possible that Helga Crane is
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
4. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
5. Helga remembers her mother being
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)