|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga remembers her mother being
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She was born there.
(b) She worked in the factories there.
(c) She remembers going there as a child.
(d) Her grandmother is there.
3. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) Exact and lifelike.
(b) A mocking likeness.
(c) Exotic and wild.
(d) Demure and soft.
4. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Danish children.
(b) White children.
(c) Mulatto children.
(d) Black children.
5. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(b) For Helga to be married and settled down.
(c) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
(d) For everyone to have at least one child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
2. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
3. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
4. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
5. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)