|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Like a country boy.
(b) Highly principled.
(c) Silly and under-dressed.
(d) Young and innocent.
2. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A peacock.
3. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She married a white man.
(b) She moved to Denmark.
(c) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(d) She stopped having children.
4. What emotion does Dr. Anderson's presence stir up in Helga?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her superiority.
(d) Her grief.
5. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Black children.
(b) Danish children.
(c) Mulatto children.
(d) White children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
2. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
3. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
4. Helga could never marry
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)