|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A frightened man.
(b) A negotiator.
(c) A loser in Harlem.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
2. Why might Helga have felt alienated in the "Negro" school as a child?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was not good looking.
(c) She was fair-skinned.
(d) Her attitude was superior.
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Highly principled.
(b) Young and innocent.
(c) Like a country boy.
(d) Silly and under-dressed.
4. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
5. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga remembers her mother being
2. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
3. Back in Harlem, Anne has
4. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
5. Why does her uncle's wife reject Helga?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)