|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Make her irritable.
(b) Bore and exasperate her.
(c) Make her want to serve her race.
(d) Excite her.
2. Helga's most recent infant
(a) Is cared for by Pastor Green.
(b) Looks just like Helga.
(c) Was nursed by Clementine.
(d) Passed away after one week.
3. The furnishings in Anne Grey's home
(a) Have been bought from museums.
(b) Appeal to Helga's sense of aesthetics.
(c) Are old and dusty.
(d) Are too modern for her home.
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Anger toward all white people.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
5. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Totally expected.
(c) A tragedy.
(d) Comic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
2. Helga has found peace and contentment in
3. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
4. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)