|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter, Anne asks Helga to
(a) Not be mad at her.
(b) Attend her wedding to Dr. Anderson.
(c) Forget her past in Harlem.
(d) Forget about Dr. Anderson.
2. Helga tells Olsen that some day
(a) His racism will catch up with him.
(b) The differences in their races would come between them.
(c) He will learn to love all black people.
(d) In the future, they will marry.
3. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) She was born there.
(b) She remembers going there as a child.
(c) Her grandmother is there.
(d) She worked in the factories there.
4. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Energized enthusiasm.
(b) Cynicism and disgust.
(c) Irritable disrespect.
(d) Mild interest.
5. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(a) Blissful motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helga feel about the encounter with Uncle Peter's wife?
2. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
3. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
4. Helga's false pride masks her
5. The staging of Helga by her aunt and uncle make Helga feel like
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)