|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chicago, Helga finds a place to stay
(a) With a roommate in an apartment.
(b) With an old friend.
(c) At the local golf club.
(d) At the local YWCA.
2. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Irritable disrespect.
(b) Cynicism and disgust.
(c) Energized enthusiasm.
(d) Mild interest.
3. James Vayle feels it is important
(a) For everyone to have at least one child.
(b) That poorer negroes continue to have children.
(c) For negroes at the top of the race to have children.
(d) For Helga to be married and settled down.
4. It is possible that Helga Crane is
(a) Desperate to be married.
(b) Ready to settle down with anyone.
(c) In love with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Too irritable to have a relationship.
5. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
(a) His noble personality.
(b) Disrespect for Helga and her race.
(c) His artistic finesse.
(d) His true intentions of marrying Fru Dahl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
2. James Vayle is clearly
3. Helga is tired of black people
4. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
5. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)