|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. With his strange overtures toward her, Axel Olsen shows
(a) His true intentions of marrying Fru Dahl.
(b) Disrespect for Helga and her race.
(c) His artistic finesse.
(d) His noble personality.
3. James Vayle is clearly
(a) A frightened man.
(b) A loser in Harlem.
(c) A negotiator.
(d) Still in love with Helga.
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Revolutionary thoughts.
(b) Determination to make it on her own.
(c) Anger toward all white people.
(d) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
5. Helga's step-siblings were
(a) Black children.
(b) White children.
(c) Mulatto children.
(d) Danish children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
2. Helga remembers her mother being
3. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
4. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
5. Helga tells Olsen that some day
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)