|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
2. When she realizes what Axel Olsen is implying, Helga feels
3. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her career goals.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Robert Anderson.
(d) Her wish to stay with Anne.
4. Olsen thinks Helga's surprise at his proposal is
5. How did Helga's mother lift herself out of her bad situation?
(a) She moved to Denmark.
(b) She stopped having children.
(c) She proclaimed her Danish heritage.
(d) She married a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga could never marry
2. Prior to Olsen's proposal, Helga had planned to
3. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
4. Soon after Helga is well enough to be out of bed
5. What disturbs Helga about her conversation with Dr. Anderson?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)