|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her illness, Helga is unable to
(a) Pray properly.
(b) Give birth.
(c) Ask the right questions.
(d) Love her new child.
2. What dominates Helga's mind when rich men court her in New York?
(a) Her wish to stay with Anne.
(b) Her simple life in Chicago.
(c) Robert Anderson.
(d) Her career goals.
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Like a country boy.
(b) Young and innocent.
(c) Highly principled.
(d) Silly and under-dressed.
4. Axel Olsen tells Helga that she has
(a) The grace of an African.
(b) The stubbornness of a mule.
(c) The soul of a prostitute.
(d) The determination of a white woman.
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
(a) Is disappointed.
(b) Is indifferent.
(c) Is upset.
(d) Is worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
2. Where does Helga encounter Robert Anderson again?
3. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
4. Helga's most recent infant
5. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)