|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne's feelings about racism cause her to
(a) Keep to herself.
(b) Stay out of Harlem.
(c) Hate white people.
(d) Reject blacks.
2. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
(a) Excite her.
(b) Make her irritable.
(c) Bore and exasperate her.
(d) Make her want to serve her race.
3. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
(a) Exact and lifelike.
(b) Demure and soft.
(c) A mocking likeness.
(d) Exotic and wild.
4. Helga's attitude toward Negro "uplift" has turned to
(a) Irritable disrespect.
(b) Mild interest.
(c) Energized enthusiasm.
(d) Cynicism and disgust.
5. For more than a week, Helga remains in a state of
(d) Blissful motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olsen refers to Helga's refusal of him as
2. Helga's most recent infant
3. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
4. Helga could never marry
5. When she finds Anne gone upon her return from the tea, Helga
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)