|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Quicksand, Chapters Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Anderson's kiss makes Helga
(a) Forget that he would not jeopardize his self-esteem.
(b) Consider marrying James Vayle.
(c) Realize that she does not like him.
(d) Glad that he has rejected her.
2. Besides her uncle, what connection does Helga have in Chicago?
(a) Her grandmother is there.
(b) She worked in the factories there.
(c) She remembers going there as a child.
(d) She was born there.
3. In the sophisticated crowd, James Vayle seems
(a) Young and innocent.
(b) Highly principled.
(c) Like a country boy.
(d) Silly and under-dressed.
4. Knowing she is without support, Helga's desperation turns to
(a) Plotting and scheming for greater status.
(b) Revolutionary thoughts.
(c) Determination to make it on her own.
(d) Anger toward all white people.
5. Helga makes the decision while she is still bedridden to
(a) Flee to Naxos.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Re-commit to the church.
(d) Leave Pastor Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Harlem, Anne has
2. The conversations at the tea Helga attends
3. Peter's wife told Helga her presence was not
4. The portrait Olsen has painted of Helga is
5. When it comes to Dr. Anderson, Helga has now developed a vague sense of
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)