|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(b) To be suggestive about the subject.
(c) To cause a spark in him.
(d) To see if it will make him interested in her.
2. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
3. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her impending flight.
(b) Her status as a socialite.
(c) Her preference for the black race.
(d) Her need to be recognized as different.
4. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Not molly-coddle their son.
(b) Write back to Clare.
(c) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(d) Stop talking to him.
5. Brian states that sex is a joke because
(a) He likes off color jokes.
(b) He thinks sex is hilarious.
(c) He wants his son to think sex is funny.
(d) His marriage is clearly unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
2. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
3. Helga thinks she has now
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
5. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)