|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga takes the time to
(a) Scrub the floors and windows.
(b) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(c) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
2. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(a) The idea of of singing.
(c) The flu.
3. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not a jungle animal.
(b) She is of Danish descent.
(c) She is not an African American.
(d) She does not like to dance.
4. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dislikes her.
(c) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(d) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
5. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
(b) Really does not want to see her.
(c) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(d) Desperately wants to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
2. Helga shows up at the mission
3. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
4. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
5. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)