|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(b) Having both God and man.
(c) Hurting James Vayle.
(d) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
2. Brian would rather be living in
(a) South Africa.
(b) Southern Europe.
(c) South America.
(d) The Netherlands.
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
(a) The beauty of her race.
(b) The absurdity of her situation.
(c) A blurr of color and light.
(d) Gradations of color in the Negro race.
4. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her impending flight.
(b) Her preference for the black race.
(c) Her status as a socialite.
(d) Her need to be recognized as different.
5. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Looking for a way to die.
(b) Wishing to find friends.
(c) Wet and disoriented.
(d) Ready to receive God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne does not know that Helga
2. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
3. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
4. Helga now feels alienated from
5. Helga thinks she has now
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)