|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She does not like to dance.
(b) She is not an African American.
(c) She is not a jungle animal.
(d) She is of Danish descent.
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She dances with anyone who asks.
(b) She dresses loudly.
(c) She is a heavy drinker.
(d) She socializes with whites and blacks.
4. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Hit the bottom.
(b) Found her saving grace.
(c) Lost her mind.
(d) Avoided suicide.
5. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(c) The Negro race.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
2. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
3. Helga takes the time to
4. Brian states that sex is a joke because
5. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)