|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(b) Her incredible talent for dancing.
(c) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
(d) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
2. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she did not tell Anne.
(b) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(c) She never really liked him.
(d) That she made a fool of herself.
3. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She dances with anyone who asks.
(b) She socializes with whites and blacks.
(c) She is a heavy drinker.
(d) She dresses loudly.
4. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
5. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Avoided suicide.
(b) Lost her mind.
(c) Hit the bottom.
(d) Found her saving grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
2. Brian would rather be living in
3. Helga now feels alienated from
4. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
5. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)