|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Looking for a way to die.
(b) Ready to receive God.
(c) Wet and disoriented.
(d) Wishing to find friends.
2. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not an African American.
(b) She is of Danish descent.
(c) She does not like to dance.
(d) She is not a jungle animal.
3. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Hit the bottom.
(b) Found her saving grace.
(c) Avoided suicide.
(d) Lost her mind.
4. Helga takes the time to
(a) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(b) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(c) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(d) Scrub the floors and windows.
5. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Desperately wants to see her.
(b) Really does not want to see her.
(c) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(d) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
2. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
5. Brian would rather be living in
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)