|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Not molly-coddle their son.
(b) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(c) Write back to Clare.
(d) Stop talking to him.
2. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
(b) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(c) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
(d) Her incredible talent for dancing.
3. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
4. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(b) To be suggestive about the subject.
(c) To cause a spark in him.
(d) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
5. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Looking for a way to die.
(b) Wishing to find friends.
(c) Ready to receive God.
(d) Wet and disoriented.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian states that sex is a joke because
2. Helga thinks she has now
3. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
4. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)