|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She misses her aunt and uncle.
(b) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
(c) She is angry to be black.
(d) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
2. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She socializes with whites and blacks.
(b) She dances with anyone who asks.
(c) She is a heavy drinker.
(d) She dresses loudly.
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To cause a spark in him.
(b) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(c) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(d) To be suggestive about the subject.
4. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
(c) The flu.
(d) The idea of of singing.
5. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Not molly-coddle their son.
(b) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(c) Write back to Clare.
(d) Stop talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Helga respects in Audrey is
2. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
3. Brian would rather be living in
4. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
5. Helga shows up at the mission
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)