|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(b) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
(c) She begins to miss her mother.
(d) She remembers that she likes being white.
3. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
(a) Really does not want to see her.
(b) Desperately wants to see her.
(c) Hopes Clare will come soon.
(d) Wants to rekindle their friendship.
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(b) That she made a fool of herself.
(c) She never really liked him.
(d) That she did not tell Anne.
5. Helga takes the time to
(a) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(b) Scrub the floors and windows.
(c) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(d) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
2. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
3. Brian states that sex is a joke because
4. Brian demands that Irene
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)