|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her preference for the black race.
(b) Her need to be recognized as different.
(c) Her impending flight.
(d) Her status as a socialite.
2. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Write back to Clare.
(b) Stop talking to him.
(c) Not molly-coddle their son.
(d) Stop telling dirty jokes.
3. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
(a) Extremely depressed.
(c) Wanting to return to Naxos.
(d) Free to pursue others.
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
(a) She is angry to be black.
(b) She misses her aunt and uncle.
(c) She is jealous, confused and afraid.
(d) She wants to continue to live with Anne.
5. Helga takes the time to
(a) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(b) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(c) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(d) Scrub the floors and windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
2. Brian would rather be living in
3. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
4. Anne does not know that Helga
5. What Helga respects in Audrey is
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)