|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga takes the time to
(a) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(b) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(c) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(d) Scrub the floors and windows.
2. Brian states that sex is a joke because
(a) His marriage is clearly unhappy.
(b) He wants his son to think sex is funny.
(c) He thinks sex is hilarious.
(d) He likes off color jokes.
3. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(b) She remembers that she likes being white.
(c) She begins to miss her mother.
(d) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
4. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(b) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
(c) Dislikes her.
(d) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
5. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(b) That she did not tell Anne.
(c) That she made a fool of herself.
(d) She never really liked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
2. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
3. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
4. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
5. What Helga respects in Audrey is
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)