|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Avoided suicide.
(b) Found her saving grace.
(c) Lost her mind.
(d) Hit the bottom.
2. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(b) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
(c) Having both God and man.
(d) Hurting James Vayle.
3. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She dances with anyone who asks.
(b) She dresses loudly.
(c) She is a heavy drinker.
(d) She socializes with whites and blacks.
4. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she made a fool of herself.
(b) That she did not tell Anne.
(c) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(d) She never really liked him.
5. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) The Negro race.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Harlem and New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. Anne does not know that Helga
4. Helga shows up at the mission
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)