|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(b) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(c) To cause a spark in him.
(d) To be suggestive about the subject.
2. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Wishing to find friends.
(b) Wet and disoriented.
(c) Looking for a way to die.
(d) Ready to receive God.
3. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not an African American.
(b) She does not like to dance.
(c) She is not a jungle animal.
(d) She is of Danish descent.
4. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Wanted to see her dance.
(b) Ignored her skin color.
(c) Admired her color and hair.
(d) Wanted her to join their clubs.
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her impending flight.
(b) Her preference for the black race.
(c) Her need to be recognized as different.
(d) Her status as a socialite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Anderson's rejection of her leaves Helga
2. Brian demands that Irene
3. Helga thinks she has now
4. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
5. Helga now feels alienated from
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)