|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Wet and disoriented.
(b) Ready to receive God.
(c) Wishing to find friends.
(d) Looking for a way to die.
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She begins to miss her mother.
(b) She remembers that she likes being white.
(c) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
(d) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
3. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
(a) Her need to be recognized as different.
(b) Her impending flight.
(c) Her preference for the black race.
(d) Her status as a socialite.
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she made a fool of herself.
(b) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(c) That she did not tell Anne.
(d) She never really liked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian states that sex is a joke because
2. Helga thinks she has now
3. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
4. Brian demands that Irene
5. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)