|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The Negro race.
2. Helga takes the time to
(a) Scrub the floors and windows.
(b) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
(c) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(d) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
3. What Helga respects in Audrey is
(a) Her beautiful apricot colored dress.
(b) Her incredible talent for dancing.
(c) Her ability to look beyond racial barriers.
(d) Her intrigue with Dr. Anderson.
4. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She socializes with whites and blacks.
(b) She dresses loudly.
(c) She is a heavy drinker.
(d) She dances with anyone who asks.
5. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Having both God and man.
(b) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
(c) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(d) Hurting James Vayle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
2. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
3. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
4. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
5. Helga shows up at the mission
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)