|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) She never really liked him.
(b) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(c) That she made a fool of herself.
(d) That she did not tell Anne.
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She remembers that she likes being white.
(b) She begins to miss her mother.
(c) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(d) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
3. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Ignored her skin color.
(b) Admired her color and hair.
(c) Wanted to see her dance.
(d) Wanted her to join their clubs.
4. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The Negro race.
5. Helga shows up at the mission
(a) Wet and disoriented.
(b) Wishing to find friends.
(c) Looking for a way to die.
(d) Ready to receive God.
Short Answer Questions
1. About to be sick in the crowd of worshippers, Helga got
2. Why is Helga distressed at the end of this chapter?
3. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
4. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)