|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brian would rather be living in
(a) Southern Europe.
(b) South America.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) South Africa.
2. Helga takes the time to
(a) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(b) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(c) Scrub the floors and windows.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
3. Anne does not know that Helga
(a) Is planning to leave for Denmark.
(b) Is hoping Anne will like Dr. Anderson.
(c) Is angry about the Audrey Denny comments.
(d) Dislikes her.
4. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) Harlem and New York.
(b) The Negro race.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
(a) She is not a jungle animal.
(b) She is not an African American.
(c) She is of Danish descent.
(d) She does not like to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
2. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
4. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
5. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)