|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
2. Brian would rather be living in
(a) Southern Europe.
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) South America.
(d) South Africa.
3. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(b) To be suggestive about the subject.
(c) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(d) To cause a spark in him.
4. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She is a heavy drinker.
(b) She dances with anyone who asks.
(c) She socializes with whites and blacks.
(d) She dresses loudly.
5. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She remembers that she likes being white.
(b) She begins to miss her mother.
(c) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(d) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
2. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
3. Helga takes the time to
4. Brian states that sex is a joke because
5. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)