|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) The Negro race.
(c) Harlem and New York.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Brian demands that Irene
(a) Write back to Clare.
(b) Stop telling dirty jokes.
(c) Not molly-coddle their son.
(d) Stop talking to him.
3. Helga thinks she has now
(a) Lost her mind.
(b) Avoided suicide.
(c) Found her saving grace.
(d) Hit the bottom.
4. As to Clare's motives, Irene is
5. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(b) To cause a spark in him.
(c) To be suggestive about the subject.
(d) To see if it will make him interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
2. What Helga respects in Audrey is
3. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
4. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
5. Helga is disturbed by her euphoric feelings from the music, telling herself
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)