|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She remembers that she likes being white.
(b) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(c) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
(d) She begins to miss her mother.
2. Helga remembers being in Denmark where people
(a) Admired her color and hair.
(b) Ignored her skin color.
(c) Wanted to see her dance.
(d) Wanted her to join their clubs.
3. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) She never really liked him.
(b) That she made a fool of herself.
(c) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(d) That she did not tell Anne.
4. Audrey Denny is the subject of gossip because
(a) She socializes with whites and blacks.
(b) She is a heavy drinker.
(c) She dances with anyone who asks.
(d) She dresses loudly.
5. Helga now feels alienated from
(a) The Negro race.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Harlem and New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
2. When Helga sees Audrey Denny with Dr. Anderson, she feels
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
4. What Helga respects in Audrey is
5. The dress Helga chooses to wear to Anne's homecoming party represents
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)