One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Passing, Part Two, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior being exposed to sexually tinged jokes?
(a) To see if it will make him interested in her.
(b) To cause a spark in him.
(c) To divert his attention from his unhappiness.
(d) To be suggestive about the subject.
2. What effect did Uncle Peter's check have on Helga?
(a) She feels guilty or causing Peter such trouble.
(b) She remembers that she likes being white.
(c) She begins to miss her mother.
(d) She realizes she has felt yoked to her race.
3. Her decision to marry Pleasant Green is Helga's way of
(a) Avenging Dr. Anderson's cruelty.
(b) Having both God and man.
(c) Avoiding a return to Denmark.
(d) Hurting James Vayle.
4. Helga takes the time to
(a) Order the maid to change Anne's bed.
(b) Prepare the house for Anne's arrival home.
(c) Scrub the floors and windows.
(d) Write a note to Anne about her departure.
5. Her deepest regret over the incident with Anderson is
(a) That she did not tell Anne.
(b) Her broken relationship with Anne.
(c) That she made a fool of herself.
(d) She never really liked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irene's response to Clare's letter is that she
2. Anne does not know that Helga
3. As Helga watches the dancers, she sees
4. Helga shows up at the mission
5. Brian would rather be living in
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)