|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robin enlist to give the information he has about the next assassination attempt to Lymond?
2. Lymond visits _________________ to discuss his keeping an eye on the man in #146 and coaxing a confession out of him.
3. Where is Queen Mary to be killed?
4. Lymond tells O'LiamRoe that _________________ must be convinced to talk if Robin will not.
5. It is decided that Robin will be exposed during the _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
2. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
3. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
4. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
5. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
6. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
7. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
8. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
9. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
10. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dorothy Dunnett's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)