|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymond has been injured and captured by whom?
2. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
3. Margaret is happy that _________________ finally arrives.
4. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
5. What does Lymond do when Robin makes a comment about Lymond's family and Margaret Erskines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
2. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
3. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
4. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
5. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
6. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
7. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
8. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
9. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
10. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Mary de Guise was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Mary de Guise's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)