|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of Part Three: London: The Excitement of Being Hunted: I: Blois: The Mill in Motion is written from whose perspective?
2. Who fires a flaming arrow at a boat near Queen Mary's boat?
3. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
4. What worries Lymond about showing up at the French court?
5. What is the only thing about the French court that holds any interest for O'LiamRoe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply QUEENS' PLAY? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 3
Does the author end the book on a note of hope for Queen Mary and the Queen Mother or the continuance of their struggle to come to terms with the nature and origins of royal roles? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)