|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the duel?
2. Who believes Lord d'Aubigny's denial that John Stewart was part of the assassination plan?
3. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
4. Richard knows that when Lymond leaves for Ireland, _____________ would take Lymond's place as Mary's protector.
5. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
2. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
3. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
4. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
5. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
6. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
7. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
10. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall settings for the story. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply QUEENS' PLAY? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)