|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Henry's daughter, Elizabeth, is to marry ___________________.
2. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
3. What is the result of the duel?
4. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
5. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
2. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
4. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
5. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
6. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
7. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
8. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
9. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
10. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mary de Guise. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Dorothy Dunnett is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)