|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Lymond play while visiting with Oonagh?
2. Who is Vervassal?
3. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
4. Who shoots arrows at Lymond at the outdoor event?
5. Lymond is still very ill from the poison and knows that ______________ is the potential killer.
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
2. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
3. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
4. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
5. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
6. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
7. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
10. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)