|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A wrestling match is to take place between the Cornishman and ________________.
2. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
3. What does Lymond do when Robin makes a comment about Lymond's family and Margaret Erskines?
4. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
5. How is Lymond exposed to be Thady?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
2. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
3. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
4. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
5. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
6. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
7. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
8. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
9. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
10. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary de Guise was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Mary de Guise's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)