|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
2. Who fires a flaming arrow at a boat near Queen Mary's boat?
3. What is the result of the duel?
4. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
5. What does Margaret throw on the ground after speaking with Lymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
2. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
3. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
4. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
5. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
6. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
7. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
8. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
9. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
10. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What is this literary technique called? What was the source of some of the characters' ambitions? What did they covet? Why were they consumed with attaining their goals? Cite examples that support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two instances about betrayal in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)