|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in France, Lymond meets with a woman who had once been in charge of a distinguished group of ____________.
2. Who is revealed to be Robin's partner?
3. Lymond is still very ill from the poison and knows that ______________ is the potential killer.
4. Lymond does not realize that ______________ is to be assassinated as well as Queen Mary.
5. What musical instrument does Lymond play while visiting with Oonagh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
2. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
3. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
4. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
5. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
6. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
7. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
8. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
9. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
10. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lymond and Thady. What are their roles within the story? What must Lymond be expert in in order to carry out the personality game in the book? What purpose do both Lymond and Thady serve? Explain.
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)