|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King decides that Lymond must duel with whom?
2. Whom does O'LiamRoe overhear talking about the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. What is the only thing about the French court that holds any interest for O'LiamRoe?
4. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
5. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
Essay Topic 1
Dorothy Dunnett is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply QUEENS' PLAY? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)