|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
2. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
3. The French court is in ________________ enjoying the evening outdoors.
4. What does the Queen Mother drop into the arena?
5. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
2. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
3. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
4. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
5. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
6. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
7. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
8. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
9. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
10. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of O'LiamRoe. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)