Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King decides that Lymond must duel with whom?
2. Whom does O'LiamRoe overhear talking about the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. What is the only thing about the French court that holds any interest for O'LiamRoe?
4. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
5. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
Essay Topic 1
Dorothy Dunnett is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall settings for the story. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jenny Fleming. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Jenny's character in the novel?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)