|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
2. Why is Richard so upset with Lymond?
3. How is Lymond exposed to be Thady?
4. O'LiamRoe asks Lymond to convince Robin to talk to ______________ or Lymond.
5. Robin is put in the arena to fight a __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
2. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
3. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
4. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
7. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
8. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
9. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
10. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)