|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Mary say to Oonagh the next day that makes Oonagh run away?
2. How is Lymond exposed to be Thady?
3. Lymond has been injured and captured by whom?
4. Robin had made a pledge to _____________________.
5. Who kills Brice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
2. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
3. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
4. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
5. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
6. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
7. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
8. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
9. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
10. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dorothy Dunnett is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jenny Fleming. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Jenny's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)