|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
2. What element was used to poison Lymond?
3. Who shoots arrows at Lymond at the outdoor event?
4. Margaret is happy that _________________ finally arrives.
5. Lymond is still very ill from the poison and knows that ______________ is the potential killer.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
2. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
3. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
4. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
5. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
6. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
7. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
8. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
9. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
10. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall settings for the story. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary de Guise. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)