|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
2. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
3. O'LiamRoe asks Lymond to convince Robin to talk to ______________ or Lymond.
4. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
5. Where does Lymond travel to to find the French court and deal with Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
2. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
3. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
4. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
5. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
6. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
7. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
8. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
9. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
10. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Mary de Guise was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Mary de Guise's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)