|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does O'LiamRoe overhear talking about the plot to kill Queen Mary?
2. Who confesses to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. What does the Queen Mother drop into the arena?
4. Back in France, Lymond meets with a woman who had once been in charge of a distinguished group of ____________.
5. Lymond visits _________________ to discuss his keeping an eye on the man in #146 and coaxing a confession out of him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lymond and Thady. What are their roles within the story? What must Lymond be expert in in order to carry out the personality game in the book? What purpose do both Lymond and Thady serve? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two instances about betrayal in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)