|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
2. Who is Vervassal?
3. How is Lymond exposed to be Thady?
4. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
5. What is the result of the duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
2. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
3. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
4. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
5. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
6. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
7. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
8. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
9. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
10. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of O'LiamRoe. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)