|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Oonagh if she loves him?
2. Who is Robin Stewart?
3. Who/What dies as a result of eating the item meant for Queen Mary?
4. What happens to O'LiamRoe's dog after being attacked by the cheetah?
5. Why does the Queen Mother want the Earl removed from the Governorship of Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
2. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
3. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
4. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
5. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
6. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
7. Why does Lymond (Thady) feel fortunate to be granted a stay in France by the King?
8. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
9. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
10. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author end the book on a note of hope for Queen Mary and the Queen Mother or the continuance of their struggle to come to terms with the nature and origins of royal roles? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What is this literary technique called? What was the source of some of the characters' ambitions? What did they covet? Why were they consumed with attaining their goals? Cite examples that support your answers.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)