Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
2. Who is Michel Herrison?
3. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
4. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
5. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
2. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
3. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
4. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
5. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
6. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
7. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
10. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
Essay Topic 1
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)