|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
2. Who is Robin Stewart?
3. How does Robin Stewart think that Thady should feel about his evening with the King?
4. What is learned about Abernaci's homeland?
5. Which two men save each other periodically while on the race?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
2. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
3. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
4. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
5. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
6. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
7. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
8. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
9. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
10. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two instances about betrayal in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in QUEENS' PLAY. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,944 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)