|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
2. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
3. Who is the King's lover?
4. How many men go on the steeplechase?
5. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
2. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
3. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
4. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
5. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
6. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
7. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
8. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
9. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
10. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall settings for the story. Why does the author use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)