|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
2. O'LiamRoe learns that the French court is planning to make a fool out of O'LiamRoe by ____________________.
3. Crawford of Lymond is actually __________________.
4. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
5. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
2. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
3. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
4. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
5. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
6. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
7. How does the steeplechase end?
8. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
9. What does Lymond learn about the cheetah from yesterday's hunt?
10. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)