|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
2. The King's courtiers want Thady to plan a race _____________________.
3. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
4. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
5. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
2. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
3. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
4. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
5. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
6. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
7. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
8. Why does Lymond have a discussion with Abernaci regarding poisons he has for the elephants?
9. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
10. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What is this literary technique called? What was the source of some of the characters' ambitions? What did they covet? Why were they consumed with attaining their goals? Cite examples that support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
QUEENS' PLAY is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lymond and Thady. What are their roles within the story? What must Lymond be expert in in order to carry out the personality game in the book? What purpose do both Lymond and Thady serve? Explain.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)