|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
2. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
3. Who is Michel Herrison?
4. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
5. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
2. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
3. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
4. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
5. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
6. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
7. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
8. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
9. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
10. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)