|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spooks the horses in the parade?
2. Who are the last two people awake after the party ends?
3. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
4. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
5. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
2. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
3. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
4. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
6. What does Lymond learn about the cheetah from yesterday's hunt?
7. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
8. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
9. Why does Lymond have a discussion with Abernaci regarding poisons he has for the elephants?
10. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of King Henry II of France. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lymond and Thady. What are their roles within the story? What must Lymond be expert in in order to carry out the personality game in the book? What purpose do both Lymond and Thady serve? Explain.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)