|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men go on the steeplechase?
2. What has O'LiamRoe purchased for Oonagh?
3. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
4. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
5. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
2. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
3. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
4. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
5. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
6. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
7. How does the steeplechase end?
8. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
9. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
10. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary de Guise was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Mary de Guise's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)