|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymond talks to Abernaci about the ________________ he has for the elephants.
2. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
3. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
4. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
5. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
2. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
3. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
4. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
5. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
6. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
7. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
8. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
10. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lymond and Thady. What are their roles within the story? What must Lymond be expert in in order to carry out the personality game in the book? What purpose do both Lymond and Thady serve? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply QUEENS' PLAY? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)