|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
2. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
3. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
4. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
5. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the steeplechase end?
2. What does Lymond learn about the cheetah from yesterday's hunt?
3. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
4. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
5. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
6. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
7. What clue is left behind by the person who had set fire to O'LiamRoe's bed?
8. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
10. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author end the book on a note of hope for Queen Mary and the Queen Mother or the continuance of their struggle to come to terms with the nature and origins of royal roles? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of O'LiamRoe. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)