|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
2. What does Sir George tell Lymond about the Queen Mother?
3. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
4. Who/What dies as a result of eating the item meant for Queen Mary?
5. Who are the last two people awake after the party ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
2. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
3. What clue is left behind by the person who had set fire to O'LiamRoe's bed?
4. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
5. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
6. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
7. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
8. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
9. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
10. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of O'LiamRoe. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two instances about betrayal in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Catherine de' Medici. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)