|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
2. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
3. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
4. Why does Oonagh agree to start a relationship with a certain man?
5. What has O'LiamRoe purchased for Oonagh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
2. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
3. What is the significance of the riddle at the beginning of the chapter referring to bees living in the trees of royalty?
4. What does this chapter reveal about what is going on behind the scenes of the story?
5. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
6. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
7. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
8. How does the steeplechase end?
9. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
10. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply QUEENS' PLAY? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of O'LiamRoe. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary Queen of Scots. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)