|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
2. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
3. What animal attacks O'LiamRoe's dog?
4. Who joins Thady in the rooftop race?
5. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
2. What is the significance of the riddle at the beginning of the chapter referring to bees living in the trees of royalty?
3. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
4. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
5. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
6. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
7. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
8. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
9. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
10. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lymond (Thady). What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mary de Guise. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What motivated her throughout her life?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)