|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Queen Mary to be killed?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) On her horse.
(c) In her bed.
(d) On the lake.
2. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
(a) King of France.
(b) Dauphin of France.
(c) Duke of Cambridge.
(d) Prince of Wales.
3. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
(a) Master Gaultier.
(b) Master Gaspard.
(c) Master Gerace.
(d) Master Gerard.
4. Lymond visits _________________ to discuss his keeping an eye on the man in #146 and coaxing a confession out of him.
(a) Michel Herisson.
(b) Richard Crenshaw.
(c) Philip Louis.
(d) William MaGuire.
5. Why do the arrows not pierce Lymond's skin?
(a) He is wearing armor.
(b) He is wearing a metal vest underneath his clothes.
(c) He is wearing chain mail.
(d) He is able to dodge the arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret is happy that _________________ finally arrives.
2. Who fires a flaming arrow at a boat near Queen Mary's boat?
3. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
4. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
5. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
2. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
4. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
5. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
6. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
7. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
8. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
9. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
10. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)