|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymond tells Brice that ____________________ must know where Robin Stewart is and Brice can go free.
(a) Mary de Guise.
(b) Queen Catherine.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The French Ambassador.
2. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
3. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
(a) Master Gaspard.
(b) Master Gerace.
(c) Master Gaultier.
(d) Master Gerard.
4. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
(a) Dauphin of France.
(b) Prince of Wales.
(c) Duke of Cambridge.
(d) King of France.
5. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
(a) Cormac O'Connor.
(c) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
2. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
3. King Henry's daughter, Elizabeth, is to marry ___________________.
4. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
5. Richard knows that when Lymond leaves for Ireland, _____________ would take Lymond's place as Mary's protector.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
2. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
3. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
4. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
5. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
6. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
7. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
8. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
9. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
10. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
This section contains 1,544 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)