|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fires a flaming arrow at a boat near Queen Mary's boat?
2. The French court is in ________________ enjoying the evening outdoors.
3. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
(a) Escaping to London.
(b) Establishing an imports business.
(c) Getting a courtier position.
(d) Revealing Lymond as Thady Boy Ballagh.
4. Lymond is still very ill from the poison and knows that ______________ is the potential killer.
(c) Sir George.
5. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
(a) Crying as she watches him go.
(b) Singing one of Thady's songs.
(c) Praying with her Bible.
(d) Stitching her needlework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually kills the animal in the arena?
2. What element was used to poison Lymond?
3. The beginning of Part Three: London: The Excitement of Being Hunted: I: Blois: The Mill in Motion is written from whose perspective?
4. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
5. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
2. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
3. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
4. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
5. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
6. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
7. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
8. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
9. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
10. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)