|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
(a) Establishing an imports business.
(b) Escaping to London.
(c) Getting a courtier position.
(d) Revealing Lymond as Thady Boy Ballagh.
2. It is decided that Robin will be exposed during the _______________________.
(a) Winter holidays.
(b) King's birthday celebration.
(c) Moat festivities.
(d) Summer solstice.
3. Who kills Brice?
4. Brice is surprised that the ________________ turned him in.
5. Where does Lymond travel to to find the French court and deal with Robin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots arrows at Lymond at the outdoor event?
2. Lymond tells Brice that ____________________ must know where Robin Stewart is and Brice can go free.
3. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
4. Who actually kills the animal in the arena?
5. What does Queen Mary say to Oonagh the next day that makes Oonagh run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
2. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
3. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
4. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
5. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
6. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
7. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
8. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
9. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
10. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)