|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
(a) Sir George.
(b) James Cromwell.
(c) Robin Steward.
2. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
(a) Hire a good lawyer.
(b) Help him escape back to Scotland.
(c) Prove that he posed as Thady to protect Queen Mary.
(d) Have Lymond's supporters sign a petition.
3. Who takes Lymond into her home and cares for him?
(a) Dame de Guise.
(b) Dame de Lyons.
(c) Dame de Chevalier.
(d) Dame de Doubtance.
4. Who does Oonagh tell O'LiamRoe is the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
(a) Alain Carmichael.
(b) Alfie Cornwall.
(c) Artus Cholet.
(d) Archie Choate.
5. Who is revealed to be Robin's partner?
(a) John Stewart.
(b) Margaret Lennox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman who takes Lymond into her home have Lymond sent?
2. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
3. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
4. The beginning of Part Three: London: The Excitement of Being Hunted: I: Blois: The Mill in Motion is written from whose perspective?
5. Who is the owner of the ship that had intentionally run into the La Sauvee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
2. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
3. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
4. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
7. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
8. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
9. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
10. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
This section contains 1,515 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)