|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
2. Who believes Lord d'Aubigny's denial that John Stewart was part of the assassination plan?
(b) The King of France.
(c) Mary de Guise.
3. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
(b) Cormac O'Connor.
(d) The King.
4. What does Queen Mary say to Oonagh the next day that makes Oonagh run away?
(a) She asks her to try to kill her.
(b) She asks her why she hates her.
(c) She says that she had always liked her.
(d) She says that she will never go through with the crime.
5. Where is Queen Mary to be killed?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) In her bed.
(c) On the lake.
(d) On her horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
2. Whom does O'LiamRoe overhear talking about the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. The beginning of Part Three: London: The Excitement of Being Hunted: I: Blois: The Mill in Motion is written from whose perspective?
4. O'LiamRoe asks Lymond to convince Robin to talk to ______________ or Lymond.
5. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
2. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
3. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
4. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
7. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
8. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
9. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
10. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)