|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Queen Mother drop into the arena?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her scarf.
(c) Her brooch.
(d) Her glove.
2. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
(a) Master Gerace.
(b) Master Gerard.
(c) Master Gaultier.
(d) Master Gaspard.
3. Where does Lymond travel to to find the French court and deal with Robin?
4. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
(a) Dauphin of France.
(b) King of France.
(c) Prince of Wales.
(d) Duke of Cambridge.
5. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits suicide when he hears the explosion on the river?
2. Robin had made a pledge to _____________________.
3. The beginning of Part Three: London: The Excitement of Being Hunted: I: Blois: The Mill in Motion is written from whose perspective?
4. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
5. Lymond does not realize that ______________ is to be assassinated as well as Queen Mary.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
2. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
3. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
4. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
7. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
8. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
9. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
10. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)