|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Lymond about showing up at the French court?
(a) He had been known as Thady Boy Ballagh at court.
(b) He thinks the King will have him banished.
(c) He thinks he may be arrested.
(d) He thinks Queen Mary may have been killed.
2. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
3. It is learned that Queen Mary is to die during ____________________.
(a) A holiday party.
(b) The Investiture.
(c) Her birthday celebration.
(d) The night.
4. What does Margaret throw on the ground after speaking with Lymond?
(a) A peach.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) A book.
(d) A vase.
5. King Henry's daughter, Elizabeth, is to marry ___________________.
(a) King Edward of England.
(b) King Louis of England.
(c) King Charles of England.
(d) King Arthur of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
2. What does Robin do when Lymond asks to talk to him before Robin kills him?
3. Who actually kills the animal in the arena?
4. What does Lymond do when Robin makes a comment about Lymond's family and Margaret Erskines?
5. What musical instrument does Lymond play while visiting with Oonagh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
2. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
3. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
4. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
7. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
8. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
9. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
10. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)