|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
(a) Prince of Wales.
(b) Duke of Cambridge.
(c) Dauphin of France.
(d) King of France.
2. What worries Lymond about showing up at the French court?
(a) He had been known as Thady Boy Ballagh at court.
(b) He thinks he may be arrested.
(c) He thinks the King will have him banished.
(d) He thinks Queen Mary may have been killed.
3. Who takes Lymond into her home and cares for him?
(a) Dame de Chevalier.
(b) Dame de Lyons.
(c) Dame de Doubtance.
(d) Dame de Guise.
4. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A hat.
(c) A cravat.
(d) A mask.
5. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
(a) Prove that he posed as Thady to protect Queen Mary.
(b) Help him escape back to Scotland.
(c) Have Lymond's supporters sign a petition.
(d) Hire a good lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who prevented the death of Queen Mary all go to ________________.
2. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
3. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
4. What element was used to poison Lymond?
5. Lymond visits _________________ to discuss his keeping an eye on the man in #146 and coaxing a confession out of him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
2. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
3. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
4. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
5. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
6. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
7. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
8. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
9. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
10. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)