|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robin enlist to give the information he has about the next assassination attempt to Lymond?
(a) Piedar Dooly.
(b) Philip Doane.
(c) Peter Dawson.
(d) Pippa DuBarry.
2. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
(a) Escaping to London.
(b) Revealing Lymond as Thady Boy Ballagh.
(c) Getting a courtier position.
(d) Establishing an imports business.
3. Where does the woman who takes Lymond into her home have Lymond sent?
4. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
(a) Brice Herisson.
(b) Brice Halliwell.
(c) Brice Henry.
(d) Brice Hopewell.
5. Lymond has been injured and captured by whom?
(b) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
2. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
3. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
4. Back in France, Lymond meets with a woman who had once been in charge of a distinguished group of ____________.
5. Who takes Lymond into her home and cares for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
2. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
3. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
4. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
5. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
6. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
7. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
8. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
9. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
10. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)