|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has O'LiamRoe been having a flirtatious relationship for weeks?
(a) Madeline Lemieux.
(b) Matilda Legrand.
(c) Marie Lymon.
(d) Margaret Lennox.
2. Where is Queen Mary to be killed?
(a) On the lake.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) On her horse.
(d) In her bed.
3. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
(a) Outside a doorway.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) In a gutter.
(d) At a doctor's house.
4. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
(a) A cravat.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A mask.
(d) A hat.
5. Robin is sentenced to death and vows revenge on whom?
(a) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Mary say to Oonagh the next day that makes Oonagh run away?
2. Who takes Lymond into her home and cares for him?
3. Who is Richard's son?
4. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
5. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
2. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
3. Why is the riddle about dissolving verbal contracts relevant for Robin?
4. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
5. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
6. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
7. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
10. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
This section contains 1,535 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)