|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
(a) James Cromwell.
(b) Robin Steward.
(c) Sir George.
2. Robin had made a pledge to _____________________.
(a) Starve himself to death.
(b) Convert to Catholicism.
(c) Hang himself.
(d) Return to France for punishment.
3. It is decided that Robin will be exposed during the _______________________.
(a) Moat festivities.
(b) Summer solstice.
(c) King's birthday celebration.
(d) Winter holidays.
4. What element was used to poison Lymond?
5. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
2. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
3. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
4. Who is the owner of the ship that had intentionally run into the La Sauvee?
5. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
2. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
3. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
4. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
5. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
6. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
7. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
8. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
9. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
10. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)