|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Lymond play while visiting with Oonagh?
(a) The bellows.
(b) The cello.
(c) The harpsichord.
(d) The violin.
2. Who actually kills the animal in the arena?
3. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
4. With whom has O'LiamRoe been having a flirtatious relationship for weeks?
(a) Matilda Legrand.
(b) Madeline Lemieux.
(c) Margaret Lennox.
(d) Marie Lymon.
5. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
(a) Leaves his pipe burning near the drapes.
(b) Tips an oil lamp on the divan.
(c) Build a fire and leaves the room.
(d) Knocks over candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
2. Lymond does not realize that ______________ is to be assassinated as well as Queen Mary.
3. Why do the arrows not pierce Lymond's skin?
4. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
5. Who confesses to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
2. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
3. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
4. How is the statement regarding a dog not being fed or being fed by a trespasser relevant for this chapter?
5. Why is it important for O'LiamRoe to go to Oonagh to attain her compliance with talking about the murder plot?
6. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
7. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
8. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
9. What are the circumstances of Brice's death and why does Lymond insist that Robin be returned to France unharmed?
10. What is the result of Robin's attacking Lymond while the court members are enjoying an evening out of doors?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)