|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman who takes Lymond into her home have Lymond sent?
2. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
(a) James Cromwell.
(c) Sir George.
(d) Robin Steward.
3. At court it is decided that Queen Mary would marry the ____________________.
(a) Dauphin of France.
(b) King of France.
(c) Duke of Cambridge.
(d) Prince of Wales.
4. Who confesses to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
(b) Sir George.
5. The King decides that Lymond must duel with whom?
(a) Lord d'Aubigny.
(b) Lord d'Ailain.
(c) Lord d'Aubervilles.
(d) Lord d'Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robin enlist to give the information he has about the next assassination attempt to Lymond?
2. What is Queen Mary doing as Lymond leaves her?
3. O'LiamRoe asks Lymond to convince Robin to talk to ______________ or Lymond.
4. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
5. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
2. What did Lymond spend much of his time doing in this chapter regarding the Stewarts?
3. What role does Richard know he would be assuming when Lymond left for Ireland?
4. What happens at court when it is believed that Lymond is dead?
5. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
6. How does O'LiamRoe unwittingly stumble upon information related to the plot to kill Queen Mary?
7. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
10. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)