|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
(a) Before midnight.
(b) During the Summer months.
(c) When the King comes to visit Jenny.
(d) When the Queen Mother is visiting.
2. Who is Pierre Destaiz?
(a) The King's tennis coach.
(b) The elephant trainer.
(c) The man with one heel.
(d) The King's valet.
3. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
4. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(b) The valets.
(c) The courtiers.
(d) The groomsmen.
5. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
(a) Tom Watson.
(b) Tom Windsor.
(c) Tom Erskine.
(d) Tom Lymond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
2. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
3. What animal attacks O'LiamRoe's dog?
4. Lymond discovers that some ______________ given to Queen Mary could have been poisoned.
5. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the steeplechase end?
2. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
3. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
4. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
5. What role does Thady take on at the French court as it moves from one destination to another?
6. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
7. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
8. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
9. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
10. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)