|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
(a) A packet of tobacco.
(b) A heel-less shoe print in the mud.
(c) A wick and oil.
(d) A feather from a hat.
2. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is aiming a gun at him.
(b) He is skinning a deer.
(c) He is holding the hare.
(d) He is shooting her cubs.
3. Who is Oonagh?
(a) John Stewart's wife.
(b) A Scottish seamstress.
(c) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(d) Mary de Guise's lady in waiting.
4. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
(a) Tom Windsor.
(b) Tom Lymond.
(c) Tom Erskine.
(d) Tom Watson.
5. Who is Abernaci?
(a) The court jester.
(b) The keeper of the King's elephants.
(c) The King's personal physician.
(d) The King's astrologer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
2. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
3. Why is Robin Stewart so angry with John Stewart?
4. Who is Pierre Destaiz?
5. What happens to O'LiamRoe's dog after being attacked by the cheetah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
2. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
3. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
4. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
5. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
6. What clue is left behind by the person who had set fire to O'LiamRoe's bed?
7. How does the steeplechase end?
8. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
9. Why does Lymond (Thady) feel fortunate to be granted a stay in France by the King?
10. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)