|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
2. Who is the King's main mistress?
3. Crawford of Lymond is actually __________________.
(a) Willie Boy Ballou.
(b) Eddie Boy Ballard.
(c) Charlie Boy Boyer.
(d) Thady Boy Ballagh.
4. What is the name of the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) La Sauvant.
(b) La Suavee.
(c) La Solstice.
(d) La Sauvee.
5. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
(a) Falls down a flight of stairs.
(b) Insists on drinking too much ale.
(c) Slams his hand down on Thady's hand.
(d) Refuses to bow to the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robin Stewart so angry with John Stewart?
2. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
3. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
4. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
5. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
2. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
3. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
4. Name some direct and indirect examples that support the riddle regarding a woman who gives herself up to a man because of what he has to offer her.
5. Who is Antonius Beck? What does Lymond ask Michel Herisson to do regarding Beck?
6. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
7. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
8. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
9. Where does Lymond end up after being captured by Oonagh and rescued from the hotel fire?
10. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)