|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
(a) To his room.
(b) To the stables.
(c) To a tavern.
(d) To see Jenny.
2. The courtiers stay for an evening in Neuve at the chateau of ___________________.
(a) Mistress Boyle.
(b) Mistress Beaulieu.
(c) Mistress Boleyn.
(d) Mistress Bouen.
3. What is the name of the Dowager Queen?
(a) Catherine de Guise.
(b) Elizabeth de Guise.
(c) Anne de Guise.
(d) Mary de Guise.
4. Who wins the steeplechase?
(a) Thady and O'LiamRoe.
(b) Sir George and Robin.
(c) Thady and Robin.
(d) O'LiamRoe and Robin.
5. What has O'LiamRoe purchased for Oonagh?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ring.
(c) An estate.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
2. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
3. What is Thady kept busy doing as the court travels to its winter quarters?
4. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
5. Who is the King's main mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
2. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
3. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
4. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
5. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
6. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
7. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
8. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
9. What clue is left behind by the person who had set fire to O'LiamRoe's bed?
10. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)