|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
(a) He becomes the center of attention.
(b) He passes out drunk.
(c) He is escorted out for insubordination.
(d) He is knighted.
2. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is skinning a deer.
(b) He is holding the hare.
(c) He is shooting her cubs.
(d) He is aiming a gun at him.
3. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(b) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(c) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(d) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
4. What does O'LiamRoe wear when he shows up at the royal residence?
(a) His formal evening wear.
(b) His nightclothes.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) His everyday clothes.
5. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
(a) Tom Lymond.
(b) Tom Windsor.
(c) Tom Erskine.
(d) Tom Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Jenny's unborn child?
2. How many men go on the steeplechase?
3. O'LiamRoe learns that the French court is planning to make a fool out of O'LiamRoe by ____________________.
4. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
5. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
2. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
3. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
4. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
5. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
6. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
7. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
8. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
9. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
10. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)