|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King offer to Thady as a gesture of thanks for diverting the elephants?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) A courtier position.
(c) Dinner with the King.
(d) A castle and land.
2. What is the name of the Dowager Queen?
(a) Anne de Guise.
(b) Mary de Guise.
(c) Elizabeth de Guise.
(d) Catherine de Guise.
3. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
(a) The King.
(b) The Dowager Queen.
(d) Queen Mary.
4. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(b) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
(c) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
(d) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
5. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
(a) He verbally insults the king.
(b) He plays tennis in the nude.
(c) He does not let the King win the match.
(d) He swears and curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the beginning of Part One: The Vulgar Lyre: The Fork is Chosen?
2. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
3. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
4. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
5. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
2. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
3. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
4. What raucous and wild activities as mentioned in the riddle take place in this chapter?
5. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
6. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
7. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
8. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
9. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
10. What does this chapter reveal about what is going on behind the scenes of the story?
This section contains 1,365 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)