|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
(a) Her personal chef.
(b) Her daughter's husband.
(c) Her spy in France.
(d) Her husband.
2. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) While horseback riding.
(b) During the cheetah attack.
(c) On a fishing expedition.
(d) During dinner.
3. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
(b) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(c) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(d) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
4. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
5. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
(a) Queen Regnant.
(b) Queen Constant.
(c) Familial Queen.
(d) Queen Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thady kept busy doing as the court travels to its winter quarters?
2. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
3. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
4. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
5. O'LiamRoe is disappointed that everything ended the way it did with the French because ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
2. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
3. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
4. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
5. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
6. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
7. How does the steeplechase end?
8. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
9. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
10. Why does Lymond (Thady) feel fortunate to be granted a stay in France by the King?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)