|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jenny Fleming could more accurately be called Queen Mary's ___________________.
(b) Mischief companion.
(c) Needlework instructor.
2. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(b) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(c) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(d) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
3. Mary de Guise's daughter is betrothed to marry the heir to the _______________ throne.
4. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(a) The valets.
(b) The courtiers.
(c) The groomsmen.
5. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is skinning a deer.
(b) He is aiming a gun at him.
(c) He is shooting her cubs.
(d) He is holding the hare.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
2. What animal attacks O'LiamRoe's dog?
3. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
4. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
5. How many men go on the steeplechase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
2. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
3. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
4. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
5. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
6. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
7. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
8. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
9. Why does Lymond (Thady) feel fortunate to be granted a stay in France by the King?
10. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)