|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oonagh?
(a) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(b) Mary de Guise's lady in waiting.
(c) John Stewart's wife.
(d) A Scottish seamstress.
2. Crawford of Lymond is actually __________________.
(a) Thady Boy Ballagh.
(b) Eddie Boy Ballard.
(c) Willie Boy Ballou.
(d) Charlie Boy Boyer.
3. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
(a) Stabs it.
(b) Reins it in.
(c) Shoots it.
(d) Whips it.
4. Who is the most important royal aboard the ship that crashes?
(a) Prince of Barclay.
(b) Prince of Bowden.
(c) Prince of Balmoral.
(d) Prince of Barrow.
5. Why is Robin Stewart so angry with John Stewart?
(a) John cheated him at a card game.
(b) John has stolen his inheritance.
(c) Jenny has taken a liking to John.
(d) John decides he no longer needs Robin's services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Oonagh if she loves him?
2. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
3. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
4. Who are the last two people awake after the party ends?
5. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
Short Essay Questions
1. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
2. What does Lymond learn about the cheetah from yesterday's hunt?
3. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
4. How does the steeplechase end?
5. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
6. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
7. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
8. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
9. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
10. Explain what happens when a cheetah attacks during the court's hunt.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)