|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(b) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
(c) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
(d) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
2. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
3. How does Robin Stewart think that Thady should feel about his evening with the King?
4. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
(a) Whips it.
(b) Reins it in.
(c) Stabs it.
(d) Shoots it.
5. Phelim O'LiamRoe is a/an ________________ prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
2. O'LiamRoe is disappointed that everything ended the way it did with the French because ____________________.
3. Who are the last two people awake after the party ends?
4. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
5. Why do the Rouennois not notice the entrance of the Irish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
3. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
4. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
5. What role does Thady take on at the French court as it moves from one destination to another?
6. What is the significance of the riddle at the beginning of the chapter referring to bees living in the trees of royalty?
7. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
8. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
9. How does the steeplechase end?
10. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)