|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He can think independently.
(b) He can take more risks.
(c) He can make more money.
(d) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
2. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(b) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(c) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(d) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
3. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
4. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) During the cheetah attack.
(b) While horseback riding.
(c) During dinner.
(d) On a fishing expedition.
5. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His services.
(b) His support of her plan.
(c) His gift of jewelry.
(d) His kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oonagh agree to start a relationship with a certain man?
2. Who wins the steeplechase?
3. What is the name of the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
4. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
5. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
2. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
3. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
4. What is Robin's sentence for his part in the plot to murder Queen Mary? Why will the sentence not be carried out?
5. What role does satire play in the story, and especially in Lymond's life?
6. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
7. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
8. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
9. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
10. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)