Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
2. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A French fisherman.
(b) A Scottish sculptor.
(c) An English spy.
(d) A Scottish carpenter.
3. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
(a) Visit her daughter.
(b) Pay social calls.
(c) Buy the latest fashions.
(d) Take a holiday.
4. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His support of her plan.
(b) His gift of jewelry.
(c) His services.
(d) His kindness.
5. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(b) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
2. Which of the following does NOT get caught in a cage on the court's journey?
3. Who is Master Thady Boy Ballagh?
4. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
5. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
2. Who is the man the author refers to in the riddle about fasting? Why should this man have maintained his plan to starve himself to death?
3. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
4. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
5. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
6. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
7. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
8. What is the significance of satin and scarlet in this chapter?
9. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
10. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)