|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Thady know he can begin with his plans?
(a) When Queen Mary turns 21.
(b) When he is accepted at court.
(c) When the Queen Mother issues an order.
(d) When he gets the message.
2. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
3. O'LiamRoe is attacked by a man named Cornishman who is a ___________________.
(d) Dock worker.
4. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(b) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(c) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(d) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
5. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
2. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
3. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
4. How many men go on the steeplechase?
5. The courtiers stay for an evening in Neuve at the chateau of ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
2. What secret agreement do O'LiamRoe and Robin make?
3. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
4. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
5. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
6. What does Lymond learn about who is conspiring against him and Queen Mary and why it is necessary for Lymond to die?
7. Who is Jenny Fleming? How is her daughter more like the mother in this relationship?
8. What deal does the French Ambassador offer to Brice and why is Brice reluctant to take it?
9. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
10. What does this chapter reveal about what is going on behind the scenes of the story?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)