|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Jenny's unborn child?
(a) The King.
(b) Sir George.
2. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(b) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(c) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(d) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
3. Which two men save each other periodically while on the race?
(a) Sir George and Robin.
(b) Robin and O'LiamRoe.
(c) Thady and Robin.
(d) Thady and O'LiamRoe.
4. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
(a) Queen Constant.
(b) Queen Regnant.
(c) Queen Mother.
(d) Familial Queen.
5. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
(a) During the Summer months.
(b) When the Queen Mother is visiting.
(c) When the King comes to visit Jenny.
(d) Before midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person does Sir George name as a possible assassin?
2. Who is Robin Stewart?
3. Queen Mary and Jenny are preparing for the entry of whom?
4. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
5. Mary de Guise is about to sail to which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
2. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
3. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
4. What role does Thady take on at the French court as it moves from one destination to another?
5. What is the role of Mary de Guise, and why does she require the services of Crawford of Lymond?
6. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
7. What is the source of much of the conflict in Europe in the mid-1500s?
8. Why does Lymond determine that he must be the bait for whomever is trying to poison Queen Mary?
9. Explain how O'LiamRoe is duped into an unfortunate encounter with the King and what the King's reaction is.
10. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)