|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(c) Sir George.
2. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
(a) The Dowager Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) Queen Mary.
3. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
4. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
(a) Dancing at a ball.
(c) Drinking in a tavern.
(d) Boar hunting.
5. What makes the King sympathetic toward Thady at the dinner?
(a) His young wife died during childbirth.
(b) His stories of the crossing to France sound miserable.
(c) His injuries from the elephant debacle are displayed.
(d) His sad story of a childhood spent at an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
2. Jenny Fleming has come to view a plaster ________________.
3. Who is Robin Stewart?
4. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
5. Lymond talks to Abernaci about the ________________ he has for the elephants.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the arrival in France of the English Ambassage Extraordinary?
2. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
3. How does the steeplechase end?
4. Who does Lymond tell Richard is the would-be assassin? How does Lymond know this?
5. What does this chapter reveal about what is going on behind the scenes of the story?
6. How can the riddle of putting a horse in a dangerous situation also apply to the deadly situation going on at court?
7. How does O'LiamRoe enjoy the English court and what is the one aspect of the French court that is still of interest to him?
8. What role does Thady take on at the French court as it moves from one destination to another?
9. Whose name does Oonagh give O'LiamRoe as the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
10. What disappoints the Queen Mother about Lymond and what alter ego does Lymond reveal?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)