|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
(a) Her spy in France.
(b) Her personal chef.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter's husband.
2. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
(a) Elizabeth Queen of England.
(b) Charlotte Queen of France.
(c) Mary Queen of Scots.
(d) Sophia Queen of Germany.
3. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(b) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(c) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(d) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
4. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
(a) To see Jenny.
(b) To his room.
(c) To the stables.
(d) To a tavern.
5. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Thady know he can begin with his plans?
2. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
3. How does the leveret die?
4. Mary de Guise is about to sail to which country?
5. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
2. What are the Queen Mother's plans for her and Queen Mary's future? How do many people at court feel about the plans?
3. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
4. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
5. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
6. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
7. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
8. What is learned about O'LiamRoe's attraction to Oonagh?
9. Why does O'LiamRoe get so irritated with Thady after he sees him perform at court and what does O'LiamRoe do to Thady to get his point across?
10. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)