|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abernaci?
(a) The King's astrologer.
(b) The King's personal physician.
(c) The court jester.
(d) The keeper of the King's elephants.
2. Which two men save each other periodically while on the race?
(a) Thady and O'LiamRoe.
(b) Sir George and Robin.
(c) Thady and Robin.
(d) Robin and O'LiamRoe.
3. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
(b) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(c) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(d) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
4. Who is Jenny Fleming?
(a) The French King's mistress.
(b) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(c) The Queen Mother's lady-in-waiting.
(d) Queen Mary's governess.
5. How does the leveret die?
(a) It is shot.
(b) It runs into a trap.
(c) Attacked by the cheetah.
(d) From fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
2. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
4. Who is Master Thady Boy Ballagh?
5. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is provided at the beginning of the book to help the reader understand the characters and setting?
2. Who are the two notable characters mixing with the Irish passengers on board the La Sauvee which is bound for Dieppe, France?
3. What does Lymond explain to Abernaci about the excitement during the parade?
4. Explain how Lymond (Thandy) wins over the King to be allowed to stay in France for a longer period of time?
5. Who saves the ship when it crashes into another ship called the Gouden Roos and sustains injuries?
6. Why have so many people congregated in Rouen, and how does Thady divert disaster when the elephants are spooked in the parade?
7. What happens for Thady that lets him know his plans may begin?
8. What does Lymond learn about the cheetah from yesterday's hunt?
9. What act must the Queen Mother put on during her visit to France?
10. In what way does Robin Stewart stand up to John Stewart?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)