|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
2. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
(a) Hunting clothes.
(b) A formal dining suit.
(c) His own filthy clothes.
(d) Night shirt.
3. Queen Mary and Jenny are preparing for the entry of whom?
(a) The Dowager Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The priest.
4. O'LiamRoe learns that the French court is planning to make a fool out of O'LiamRoe by ____________________.
(a) Making him sing in front of the court.
(b) Making him sit with the children during dinner.
(c) Rescinding the King's invitation at the last minute.
(d) Trying to convince him that the King's double is actually the King.
5. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(b) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
2. Who is Michel Herrison?
3. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
4. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
5. What is the name of O'LiamRoe's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ulterior motives does Oonagh have when she agrees to beginning a relationship with O'LiamRoe?
2. What information does Tom Erskine let slip about the Queen Mother?
3. What life-threatening secret is Lymond forced to keep as he performs and entertains at court one night?
4. What role does Oonagh play in trying to get O'LiamRoe sent back to Ireland?
5. Why does Lymond have a discussion with Abernaci regarding poisons he has for the elephants?
6. What clue is left behind by the person who had set fire to O'LiamRoe's bed?
7. Why does Sir George tell Lymond that Queen Catherine might be the would-be assassin?
8. What are Queen Mary and Jenny doing at the beginning of this chapter?
9. What suspicious behavior occurs among the characters when the court's hunt begins the next day?
10. For whom has Lymond been mistaken and how does this complicate Lymond's life?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)