|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King decides that Lymond must duel with whom?
(a) Lord d'Ailain.
(b) Lord d'Aubigny.
(c) Lord d'Augustine.
(d) Lord d'Aubervilles.
2. Whom does O'LiamRoe overhear talking about the plot to kill Queen Mary?
(a) John and Brice.
(b) Brice and James.
(c) Piedar and Robin.
(d) Brice and Robin.
3. What is the only thing about the French court that holds any interest for O'LiamRoe?
(a) The court entertainment.
(b) The wines.
(c) The delicious pastries.
(d) The life of Queen Mary.
4. Oonagh agrees to give Lymond information in exchange for what?
(a) A royal position at court.
(b) Five thousand gold coins.
(c) Five thousand Frenchmen removed from Scotland.
(d) A marriage proposal.
5. It is learned that Oonagh is the mistress of whom?
(a) The King.
(d) Cormac O'Connor.
6. Who does Oonagh tell O'LiamRoe is the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
(a) Archie Choate.
(b) Artus Cholet.
(c) Alain Carmichael.
(d) Alfie Cornwall.
7. Who believes Lord d'Aubigny's denial that John Stewart was part of the assassination plan?
(a) Mary de Guise.
(b) The King of France.
8. What musical instrument does Lymond play while visiting with Oonagh?
(a) The bellows.
(b) The harpsichord.
(c) The violin.
(d) The cello.
9. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
10. The French court is in ________________ enjoying the evening outdoors.
11. How is Lymond exposed to be Thady?
(a) He fails to disguise his voice as he usually does.
(b) He plays the lute and sings for the King and the Queen Mother.
(c) His wigs falls off and reveals his true identity.
(d) The scar on his arm is exposed and his identity is revealed.
12. What does Queen Mary say to Oonagh the next day that makes Oonagh run away?
(a) She asks her to try to kill her.
(b) She says that she had always liked her.
(c) She says that she will never go through with the crime.
(d) She asks her why she hates her.
13. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
14. Robin is put in the arena to fight a __________________.
(d) Wild boar.
15. Who kills Brice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Richard so upset with Lymond?
2. What does Lymond do when Robin makes a comment about Lymond's family and Margaret Erskines?
3. Lymond tells Brice that ____________________ must know where Robin Stewart is and Brice can go free.
4. What is the result of the duel?
5. What does Margaret throw on the ground after speaking with Lymond?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)