|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
(a) Tips an oil lamp on the divan.
(b) Knocks over candles.
(c) Leaves his pipe burning near the drapes.
(d) Build a fire and leaves the room.
2. Robin agrees to denounce his partner in the planned killing of Queen Mary if O'LiamRoe would back him in _____________________________.
(a) Getting a courtier position.
(b) Establishing an imports business.
(c) Revealing Lymond as Thady Boy Ballagh.
(d) Escaping to London.
3. The King decides that Lymond must duel with whom?
(a) Lord d'Ailain.
(b) Lord d'Augustine.
(c) Lord d'Aubigny.
(d) Lord d'Aubervilles.
4. Whose assistance does O'LiamRoe try to enlist for introductions at the English court?
(a) Brice Hopewell.
(b) Brice Halliwell.
(c) Brice Henry.
(d) Brice Herisson.
5. Lymond has been injured and captured by whom?
(c) Sir George.
6. Who actually kills the animal in the arena?
7. O'LiamRoe asks Lymond to convince Robin to talk to ______________ or Lymond.
(a) Sir George.
(d) Margaret Lennox.
8. What worries Lymond about showing up at the French court?
(a) He thinks the King will have him banished.
(b) He thinks he may be arrested.
(c) He thinks Queen Mary may have been killed.
(d) He had been known as Thady Boy Ballagh at court.
9. Who purchases Lymond and the cart?
(a) Master Gerard.
(b) Master Gaspard.
(c) Master Gerace.
(d) Master Gaultier.
10. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
(a) In a gutter.
(b) At a doctor's house.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) Outside a doorway.
11. Who kills Brice?
12. Robin had made a pledge to _____________________.
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Starve himself to death.
(c) Return to France for punishment.
(d) Convert to Catholicism.
13. Brice is surprised that the ________________ turned him in.
14. Richard and the Erskines try to find out who, besides _______________, was set on killing Lymond and Queen Mary.
(a) James Cromwell.
(b) Robin Steward.
(c) Sir George.
15. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
(a) Have Lymond's supporters sign a petition.
(b) Hire a good lawyer.
(c) Help him escape back to Scotland.
(d) Prove that he posed as Thady to protect Queen Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret is happy that _________________ finally arrives.
2. Where does Lymond travel to to find the French court and deal with Robin?
3. Lymond tells Brice that ____________________ must know where Robin Stewart is and Brice can go free.
4. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
5. What item of Thady's is found outside the Hotel Moutier which had been on fire?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)