|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lymond seduce on a festive evening?
2. What worries Lymond about showing up at the French court?
(a) He thinks Queen Mary may have been killed.
(b) He thinks the King will have him banished.
(c) He had been known as Thady Boy Ballagh at court.
(d) He thinks he may be arrested.
3. Richard knows that when Lymond leaves for Ireland, _____________ would take Lymond's place as Mary's protector.
(b) Sir George.
4. Lymond does not realize that ______________ is to be assassinated as well as Queen Mary.
(b) Mistress Boyle.
5. The French court is in ________________ enjoying the evening outdoors.
6. O'LiamRoe goes to _____________ and finds that he likes this court better than the French one.
7. Where is Lymond's body left after the hotel fire?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) Outside a doorway.
(c) In a gutter.
(d) At a doctor's house.
8. What does the Queen Mother drop into the arena?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her glove.
(c) Her brooch.
(d) Her scarf.
9. Lymond tells Brice that ____________________ must know where Robin Stewart is and Brice can go free.
(a) Queen Catherine.
(b) The French Ambassador.
(c) The King of France.
(d) Mary de Guise.
10. Who does Oonagh tell O'LiamRoe is the other henchman involved in the murder plot?
(a) Artus Cholet.
(b) Alfie Cornwall.
(c) Archie Choate.
(d) Alain Carmichael.
11. Margaret watches _______________ leave for Ireland.
(b) Sir George.
12. What does Lymond do to set the Hotel Moutier on fire?
(a) Knocks over candles.
(b) Tips an oil lamp on the divan.
(c) Build a fire and leaves the room.
(d) Leaves his pipe burning near the drapes.
13. What do O'LiamRoe and Oonagh have to do to help Lymond?
(a) Have Lymond's supporters sign a petition.
(b) Hire a good lawyer.
(c) Prove that he posed as Thady to protect Queen Mary.
(d) Help him escape back to Scotland.
14. Why is Richard so upset with Lymond?
(a) Lymond tried to seduce his wife.
(b) Lymond was making treasonous statements about the King.
(c) Lymond has been slacking in his duties to protect Queen Mary.
(d) Lymond had made himself the bait for the killer.
15. Who fires a flaming arrow at a boat near Queen Mary's boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brice is surprised that the ________________ turned him in.
2. Where does the woman who takes Lymond into her home have Lymond sent?
3. Who is the owner of the ship that had intentionally run into the La Sauvee?
4. Lymond pays plunderers to cart him to ____________.
5. Who shoots arrows at Lymond at the outdoor event?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)